Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
Hey All,

Just want to get my dates for the Apollo next year out there. Originally I had dates for Panama but with the covid shit Jodie Cancelled so we have 2 trips to Puerto Vallarta once again. Hopefully I can fill both trips as we have a few key changes in fishing there.
1. Jodie will have the boat in PV Marina much closer to town, shopping, festivities and hotels for those who come down early.
2. Permits to fish the Tres Marias have been applied for. We will not be chased away from the island, we can fish close to shore as well opening a whole different fishery.
3. Jodie is working on a Salon close to port, Dany works for him and is always a pleasure to see.

The price for either trip is the same as last ear. $1650.00
This Includes your stateroom, food and use of gear. Jodie never charges extra for fish processing.
you are responsible for your Passport, flight(s), your Mexican Fishing License, your Galley Tab and Gratuities. I have links for the License and can be done on line, buy an annual and you are good. I can answer all questions about the trip.
12 Angler Max Load,
Beer is on board we can bring all the booze we like, I am sure the cook has no problem making drinks for us when he is not busy.
This trip is always a blast, I have always brought fish home and its quality. The Ambiance of PV is the best. No other trip I do matches the place.

Here are the dates:

Trip 1:
Apollo Puerto Vallarta Mexico
March 9-13 2021
12 Anglers Max Load
Food, Stateroom, use of gear, fish processing all included
Boat located in PV Marina
Permits to fish the Tres Maria's Applied for, we can fish other areas for other species a group desires. eg. Roosters, Amberjack, all top water species just not where the cows are. This must be decided and agreed upon before we go down there.
You are responsible for your flight, MX Fishing License, Galley Tab and Gratuities

Trip 2:
Apollo Puerto Vallarta Mexico
March 13-17 2021
12 Anglers Max Load
Food, Stateroom, use of gear, fish processing all included
Boat located in PV Marina
Permits to fish the Tres Maria's Applied for, we can fish other areas for other species a group desires. eg. Roosters, Amberjack, all top water species just not where the cows are. This must be decided and agreed upon before we go down there.
You are responsible for your flight, MX Fishing License, Galley Tab and Gratuities

Contact Me if you want on either trip. I sent out an email to my people and posted this on my group page on FB
you must contact me and get a deposit in to me to reserve your spot!

Thanks for reading
Mikee

8BC29FAA-C433-45B4-816A-B71EC071114D.jpeg

C971EBEB-A13D-40E5-AD59-7F5858BC9E03.jpeg

CB3F1756-6425-4DDB-A333-3FB119335942.jpeg

F3D6E49E-A206-4E2D-B374-AB48A1FC32E8.jpeg

A86A00A8-CDB0-41B0-9E72-786F40FDCA26.jpeg

DD0F885C-A640-4F66-87AD-E7B791B88EC4.jpeg

4035A51A-31AB-423D-A13B-2E3F2216B8FD.jpeg

CD7854B0-5DD1-4BC7-812A-2EDF50A5D4CE.jpeg

Upvote 0

writebrian

... and I'm 6'5"
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona
Name
Brian
Boat
Whoever is Hot that week
You said food is included, but then mention galley tabs. Can you please clarify?

Also, what if you only want to fish cows and not inshore... Will you not know this until trip go time? If that’s what the group decides, by then it’s too late to get out right?

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
You said food is included, but then mention galley tabs. Can you please clarify?

Also, what if you only want to fish cows and not inshore... Will you not know this until trip go time? If that’s what the group decides, by then it’s too late to get out right?
Good Morning Brian, thanks for the questions. Food is included, galley Tab will consist of your beverages, beer, water, sodas etc. . . Generally we go after fishing Cow Tuna. There are all kinds of fish in the area though I have never seen a rooster caught. That being said it f the whole group decides we’ll before departure to do something else we decide together. Trust me you can get out. There are a bunch of anglers that have fished with me, some for years. It’s not a trap or some ploy to get your money.

Fishing with a permit to get close to the island opens up more opportunities for different species. Pargo grouper etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Like Mikee said, the general target is "fish of a lifetime" YFT. I believe that if the group decides to fish some "inshore" stuff, it just means we will fish closer to the islands or some high spots between the islands. I DO NOT think it means one or the other, for the trip.

I'll be there. :D Maybe for both trips. :)

Upvote 0

writebrian

... and I'm 6'5"
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona
Name
Brian
Boat
Whoever is Hot that week
I didn’t think it’s a scam. It’s just my only goal
is catching a cow and if I go back to PV I want to spend the whole time chasing that goal. I chartered the Success down there 3 years ago with 4 friends. Had a blast but only got to 100lbs. I’m ready to try again.

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
The Apollo like most operations down there are a class act. I have my preference of the boat and crew preferred by myself.

I have always been told there are other options that are not near the islands. Never went there. Having the permit to fish the islands does open up some fishing that we have only been able to dabble in on!

Either way I have room to accommodate yourself or your group. Let me know, I have had several people fish with me down there over the years. Always a good time.

Again thanks for the response and questions.
M

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
Yes sir, 3 1/2 day trips

Upvote 0

terryc.

Mar 12, 2006
Chatsworth
Name
Terry
Boat
20 ft. Marlin cc
Hey Mikee
So getting chased away from the island or worse in front of the prison is a non issue ? If so that's a huge plus and definitely increases your cow potential.

Reactions: MikeeDaGuy
Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
Jodie confirmed the permit to fish the islands has been applied for, I believe they are now considered a sanctuary and the prison is empty.
yea it absolutely is a game changer fishing for sure.

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
Thanks for the replies my friends, commitments are being made. If you are thinking about it contact me. Always a great time in PV. Talked to Jodie this morning, he promised to have all the Amenities that the Apollo provides at the marina, salon drink bar, pool tables freezers and tv to relax before and after the trip. The Marina is right close to the airport, many hotels and resorts to choose from in the area.

Don’t miss out in this years trips!
looking forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: Mystic Knight
Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Jodie confirmed the permit to fish the islands has been applied for, I believe they are now considered a sanctuary and the prison is empty.
    yea it absolutely is a game changer fishing for sure.

What is the permit? Just curious? I have search and can’t find it... locals say it doesn’t exist..

Yesterday, Pecadaro out of PV was pulled in by patrol boat and given a few options... they ultimately let him go..... Local port captain knows nothing about it... Might add they left the patrol boat and hooked into a 280, I am told....

A few people including myself continue to fish this area, and if there is a permit I would love to get it.... locals say it does not exist.....

Reactions: yakmandan
    Upvote 0

Bullshipper

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 4, 2006
    Yucaipa/San Carlos, Sonora
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Prokat 26
    I am fluent in Spanish and looked it up about 12 days ago in the Diario Official where all Mexico laws and regulations are published.

Around 2004(?) several islands and reefs in Mexico were classified as protected biosheres to chase the Ecotourism industry and when this was done and published, it established that only fishing from shore by the 2800 locals on the Marias was to be allowed, and only for local consumption.

It goes on the state that any other kind of activity within its area requires previous permisssion, but, it gives no details on how to apply for one so I can only assume that you have to go to these offices in Mexico City to get more info. But, these permits usually were only granted to those with political connections and money. I believe that these officies are where you can start with your inquiries.

If the locals are saying they don't exist, I would suspect that they just don't want to be bothered or have the connections to aquire them. I also supect that the San Diego Long Range sport fleet still have to aquire same to fish some of the Mexican biospheres all the way down to San Benedicto. H& M Sportfishing probably knows very well who to talk to, if you have a friend there to help you out.

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
    May 21, 2006
    Frazier Park
    Name
    Mikee
    Boat
    I suggest asking the owner of the Apollo! I am a man of my word and so far he has been a man of his. That’s all I got gentleman. If I had more I would share it!!

Upvote 0

SSUfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 14, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    n/a
    I didn’t think it’s a scam. It’s just my only goal
    is catching a cow and if I go back to PV I want to spend the whole time chasing that goal. I chartered the Success down there 3 years ago with 4 friends. Had a blast but only got to 100lbs. I’m ready to try again.

If you have the time and money, you should do it. Two things:

1) I have fished with Mikee before in PV on a different operation. He's a great guy and has been inviting the BD brotherhood on his trips for years; he's a straight shooter. I would have no issues booking tomorrow if it were on my radar.

2) Catching a cow *Sigh* My first trip down there I was fortunate to catch a 130lb tuna which at the time was my pb. On my 4th trip down there I finally checked that "cow" box off at 4:30am on a squid and plunker rig. Though nothing is guaranteed down there (I've had friends go with me three times and not catch anything over 100, or even skunked) your chances are well above average. That said, every year is different. Sometimes you're fishing cabbies, sometimes it's squid or jigs or slow trolled skipjack.

It's an adventure and if you can, you should...but you already know that.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    I am fluent in Spanish and looked it up about 12 days ago in the Diario Official where all Mexico laws and regulations are published.

Around 2004(?) several islands and reefs in Mexico were classified as protected biosheres to chase the Ecotourism industry and when this was done and published, it established that only fishing from shore by the 2800 locals on the Marias was to be allowed, and only for local consumption.

It goes on the state that any other kind of activity within its area requires previous permisssion, but, it gives no details on how to apply for one so I can only assume that you have to go to these offices in Mexico City to get more info. But, these permits usually were only granted to those with political connections and money. I believe that these officies are where you can start with your inquiries.

If the locals are saying they don't exist, I would suspect that they just don't want to be bothered or have the connections to aquire them. I also supect that the San Diego Long Range sport fleet still have to aquire same to fish some of the Mexican biospheres all the way down to San Benedicto. H& M Sportfishing probably knows very well who to talk to, if you have a friend there to help you out.

Thanks for the info, but not really much but a politically correct tid bit of info..... We all know there are lots of things that go on in Mexico without permits and a few kick backs.. We also know the long range fleet fishes areas without permits..😀 Give the local guards some food, and bribes and viola! I’ve been on those trips... I appreciate the info, but H & M plays the game like many others do... I know officially no one fishes inside the buffer zone at Clarion....

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    I suggest asking the owner of the Apollo! I am a man of my word and so far he has been a man of his. That’s all I got gentleman. If I had more I would share it!!

Absolutely Mike, wasn’t questioning your word...

I just flew home tonight and was out at Maria’s 2 days ago... A couple of well known boats were out there and when the patrol boat came, they headed offshore... I thought you might actually know something about the permit. It is obviously something new that didn’t exist in the past... That’s why they haul guys into the island in the past...

Hope your trip is great!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
    May 21, 2006
    Frazier Park
    Name
    Mikee
    Boat
    You guys keep yappin’, keep this thread at the top of the list so these trips fill! 😂 I have two good groups building. Always a good time with the boys in the Apollo.

When the two local boats get down there and start fishing we see what happens. I just like to fish and love the Apollo. 12 people on that boat is phenomenal!!

Thanks for reading and the replies my BD brothers and sisters!!

Reactions: 2454 big mike
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    You guys keep yappin’, keep this thread at the top of the list so these trips fill! 😂 I have two good groups building. Always a good time with the boys in the Apollo.

When the two local boats get down there and start fishing we see what happens. I just like to fish and love the Apollo. 12 people on that boat is phenomenal!!

Thanks for reading and the replies my BD brothers and sisters!!

Well... I heard Pescadero nailed a 280 when we were there... Trolling a skippy...

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
    May 21, 2006
    Frazier Park
    Name
    Mikee
    Boat
    How many days fishing?
    What is the food like?

3 full days of fishing, food is good. You are not on a long range boat with all those amenities though the food is always tasty.

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
    May 11, 2007
    You're mined!
    www.csicop.org
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    You guys keep yappin’, keep this thread at the top of the list so these trips fill! 😂
    Sounds like fun. Mikee, we haven't fished together in about ten years, on the Speed Twin. The big ol' bruisers you catch on these trips would drag me overboard in a split second.

I am really glad you are still posting reports from your adventures.

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
    May 21, 2006
    Frazier Park
    Name
    Mikee
    Boat
    Sounds like fun. Mikee, we haven't fished together in about ten years, on the Speed Twin. The big ol' bruisers you catch on these trips would drag me overboard in a split second.

I am really glad you are still posting reports from your adventures.

It’s been a long time my friend, you would be surprised what you can get done brother. Captain(s) and crew are right there to help out!!

Reactions: One_Leg
    Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
    May 21, 2006
    Frazier Park
    Name
    Mikee
    Boat
    Trip 1 is full, I have a couple groups looking to joint me on trip 2. Times should be changing with the Covid protocol. This year has been a wash to say the least, come on 2021!

let me know if you are interested in trip 2 folks.

Upvote 0