Matt
Boat
20’ Glasply
Hardware stores. Packed.
Parks. Packed.
Walking trails. Packed.
Nurseries. Packed.
Beaches. Packed.

Tax paying, tab paying, license buying, discover pass buying, ramp fee paying fisherman and women told to stay home by order of law.

Per usual free-loading Patagonia Man Bun army get’s their cake and eat it too but those who contribute the most are offered the least in return.

:ashamed:

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Hardware stores. Packed.
Parks. Packed.
Walking trails. Packed.
Nurseries. Packed.
Beaches. Packed.

Tax paying, tab paying, license buying, discover pass buying, ramp fee paying fisherman and women told to stay home by order of law.

Per usual free-loading Patagonia Man Bun army get’s their cake and eat it too but those who contribute the most are offered the least in return.

:ashamed:
Shit maybe I’ll join them. I haven’t had a haircut in so long I could damn near pull off a man bun.

Woodhunter

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 12, 2011
Port Angeles, WA
Name
Big John
Boat
Classic MAKO 22
My deep deadrise Mako takes feet of water to get it off the trailer.

Thinking about buying a Pacific City Dory. 22 footer. Flat bottom.

Kick it off the trailer on any beach. 2 inches of water and it floats. Rough in a chop but it planes with 60 hp.

Gotta prepare for the days when the virus resurges and we go thorugh this again!!

Pacific City, what a place to live!

Below is the Evening Star, owner by Tin Man who posts on IFish. This one has an 88 HP outboard.

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Call me a cynic but IMO I feel halibut fishing will open when the tribes give the ok to the Governor’s office they are open for business. When the ramps were closed people listed all the reasons they should be. I don’t see those initial concerns (lack of testing, elders, etc.) being addressed in the near future (meaning not much has changed). I don’t see fishing opening anytime soon. This is an election year and Jay is making sure his donors needs/wants are addressed.

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Call me a cynic but IMO I feel halibut fishing will open when the tribes give the ok to the Governor’s office they are open for business. When the ramps were closed people listed all the reasons they should be. I don’t see those initial concerns (lack of testing, elders, etc.) being addressed in the near future (meaning not much has changed). I don’t see fishing opening anytime soon. This is an election year and Jay is making sure his donors needs/wants are addressed.
Not a cynic. Just look at the donor list for uncle Jays presidential run. You can see who pads is pockets.

skidynastar33

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 7, 2009
Maltby
Name
Kyle
Boat
2007 20’ Thunder Jet Luxor OB OS
at what point do we just go? and screw the system?

safely of course, wear mask, sanitize, ect. otherwise they use that as ammo to keep it shut

Reactions: NSPbiker and G-Spot

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
Aug 3, 2009
Olympia,WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
Parks were closed last weekend. Then they opened them this weekend to give it a try.
Cant even give fishing a try though. It's way to dangerous and kills people daily dont ya know.....this shit just blows my mind.

Reactions: tacklejacked

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Part of me feels like this is the year to give the finger to Washington. We are losing blackmouth, losing probably two months minimum of bottom fish, and salmon season is so short now.. so we will get maybe 2-3 months use out of a license. 8-10 trips for the average guy.. Maybe if they pro rated the fee's I would get a sense they give a shit. Otherwise not sure.. I'll be in Nootka ( fingers crossed) in August and wouldn't mind towing to Oregon for a week for tuna. Idaho already has my money for hunting so check that box. I just hate that Uncle Jay is truly just fukin with us right now.

FINATIC 21

MAD SALMON
Jul 20, 2010
Oly, WA
Name
Jay
Boat
27 Raydanie Pilothouse
Been busy with all this chit at work .... but I’m close enough to just run outta OR this year if this chit continues ..... what a crock of chit .....

Roll the Bones

Dr. Fong
Jul 15, 2008
Operating Room
Name
Dr. Fong
Boat
Hewescraft 250 Alaskan
Been busy with all this chit at work .... but I’m close enough to just run outta OR this year if this chit continues ..... what a crock of chit .....
Oregon open to only residents. I am so close I can taste it and have Oregon License.

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Beginning of March post from a couple of years ago. This is from Jones Family Farms on Slopez. They sell tribal fish. Also, take note that they also so Puget Sound, SJI, Straits yellow eye.

Our Wish is for Inside Fish.

We are inside rats--both by geography and affinity. For years we have worked with the Finkbonners of Lummi to bring the local halibut to market. We maintain our ties to the Finkbonners, and have now branched out to source fish from the Wilbur Family of Swinomish, Mark Hatch and Co of Tulalip and a whole raft of new friends in the S'Klallam tribes. Inside fish benefit from all the glory of our island-studded home. It is the unique combination of huge water-exchange coupled with our protected little bays that give all marine life in the San Juans unparalleled flavor, quality and authority. The primary food supply for our islands halibut is Spot Prawns. Inside halibut also tend to be larger, fattier and just generally better. We have have never once seen a chalky halibut over the quarter-million of so pounds of inside fish we have handled these past years, while the coastal fish are notorious for chalky fish. Plus, who would we be if we did not hold our hometown fish above all others? Some people boost sports teams, we are Islands Halibut Superfans.

We expect 3-4 openers spread out between Saturday and the beginning of May. As discussed in a previous Fish-O-Gram, these halibuthold up exceptionally well. We expect to have a steady supply of local halibut at least through the end of April. Accept no substitutes!!Halibut bycatch is almost as much fun as the fish itself. We get loads of true-cod, ling cod, yellow eye, the occasional blackcod and tens of thousands of pounds of skate and dogfish.

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
Oregon open to only residents. I am so close I can taste it and have Oregon License.
Is it open to Oregon residents only, or are they just not selling new non-resident licenses currently? If I already have an Oregon non-resident license, can I fish in Oregon?

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Long lines don’t discriminate. Ever wonder why there are hardly any rockfish or lingcod on the banks anymore? Snow goose produce on fir island has been selling fresh halibut for several weeks now. Soon they will advertise fresh Skagit river King and Sockeye.

Reactions: fishing fanatic

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Is it open to Oregon residents only, or are they just not selling new non-resident licenses currently? If I already have an Oregon non-resident license, can I fish in Oregon?
Only open to residents. You can give it a try and hope they have sheriff's like our guy in Snohomish County.

jonbackman

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 20, 2011
Bellingham, WA
Name
Jon Backman
Boat
2009 Defiance Admiral 220ex
Beginning of March post from a couple of years ago. This is from Jones Family Farms on Slopez. They sell tribal fish. Also, take note that they also so Puget Sound, SJI, Straits yellow eye.

Our Wish is for Inside Fish.

We are inside rats--both by geography and affinity. For years we have worked with the Finkbonners of Lummi to bring the local halibut to market. We maintain our ties to the Finkbonners, and have now branched out to source fish from the Wilbur Family of Swinomish, Mark Hatch and Co of Tulalip and a whole raft of new friends in the S'Klallam tribes. Inside fish benefit from all the glory of our island-studded home. It is the unique combination of huge water-exchange coupled with our protected little bays that give all marine life in the San Juans unparalleled flavor, quality and authority. The primary food supply for our islands halibut is Spot Prawns. Inside halibut also tend to be larger, fattier and just generally better. We have have never once seen a chalky halibut over the quarter-million of so pounds of inside fish we have handled these past years, while the coastal fish are notorious for chalky fish. Plus, who would we be if we did not hold our hometown fish above all others? Some people boost sports teams, we are Islands Halibut Superfans.

We expect 3-4 openers spread out between Saturday and the beginning of May. As discussed in a previous Fish-O-Gram, these halibuthold up exceptionally well. We expect to have a steady supply of local halibut at least through the end of April. Accept no substitutes!!Halibut bycatch is almost as much fun as the fish itself. We get loads of true-cod, ling cod, yellow eye, the occasional blackcod and tens of thousands of pounds of skate and dogfish.
This sucks to read. They are bragging about the bycatch.