Anything in Albuquerque NM???

choodak

Nov 30, 2010
arbah aL
Name
Drew
Boat
22' Anacapri
Hey guys i'll be in Albuquerque NM from 08/08 till 08/19 for training. Any fishing? I'll definitely have some free time. Don't expect much other than maybe some LMB...any ino would be greatly appreciated! !!

esgeo

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 12, 2015
Tulsa, OK
Name
Eric
Boat
nope
Hey guys i'll be in Albuquerque NM from 08/08 till 08/19 for training. Any fishing? I'll definitely have some free time. Don't expect much other than maybe some LMB...any ino would be greatly appreciated! !!
https://www.nps.gov/vall/planyourvisit/fishing.htm

Valles Caldera is probably the nicest relatively close spot. But it's probably 2.5 hours from ABQ. And the fish you will be catching are sardine to mackerel size from my understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
Not too much close by for fishing, but they have some wild pig hunting in the red light district.

Reactions: Arima-bob

makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Search fishing in albuquerque on google. In town looks like one or two places for bass and catfish. Trout seasonally. If you are willing to drive an hour or two you can add kokanee and river flyfishing for trout to that list.

pgangler

12Wt
Jul 25, 2012
Pacific Grove, Calif
Name
Ron
Boat
Was Cabo35, now RR3
San Juan River in northern New Mexico, coming out of Navajo Dam, has some of the most unbelievable flyfishing you'll ever experience for rainbow and brown trout. The fish are huge (averaging about 18-19"), and they feed constantly in midges. It's about 2 hrs from Albuquerque, and you'll need a guide with a drift boat to fish it well. But if you ever wanted to try flyfishing for trophy trout - this would be the place to start. It's literally too easy.

Dec 13, 2015
Irvine, California
Name
sebastian
Boat
float tube
Try looking on Google Earth and find some ponds that look good, then search up the name and see if you can find anything. I went to Arizona last year and did that and was able to find some good largemouth ponds

IrieMitch

Waterman
May 18, 2010
Newport Beach, CA
Name
Mitch
Boat
Captain of Fight On! (55 Viking), Thunderbird Sportfishing
San Juan River in northern New Mexico, coming out of Navajo Dam, has some of the most unbelievable flyfishing you'll ever experience for rainbow and brown trout. The fish are huge (averaging about 18-19"), and they feed constantly in midges. It's about 2 hrs from Albuquerque, and you'll need a guide with a drift boat to fish it well. But if you ever wanted to try flyfishing for trophy trout - this would be the place to start. It's literally too easy.

I have had way better fishing on the Juan wading, than I ever have out of a boat, the quality waters above T hole are wade only and are amazing. It is technical fishing, 6x and size 22-24 flies, but it is also my favorite river in the world to fish.

Send me a PM if you go, I can put you in touch with a local legend.

Also, in ABQ are Tingley Ponds, I've had some fun fishing for quality trout there. It is an urban setting, but it's right there. Streamers and slow stripped medium caddis patterns with yellow or orange, or stimis, have done well for me.

Good luck brother! Have some Sadies or El Patio for me!