Anyone willing to share contacts of sponsors that would be will to help a few sportboats that got robbed?

afraser

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Apr 20, 2008
    sf, ca
    Name
    aaron
    Boat Name
    NA
    I regularly fish on the Sea Adventure 80, and while it was getting new motors installed, thieves came and stole all the fishing gear on the boat, including rods, reels, lures, lead, line, tools, etc. This also happened to 3 other boats, including the Condor, the reel champion, and one other. I'm trying to help them re-outfit without paying top dollar for all their equipment. Can anyone help put me or them in contact with some potential sponsors that would be willing to help?

• Angry
    Reactions: ripped and RichG

woolybugger

Almost A Member
    Mar 7, 2006
    San pedro
    Name
    Aaron
    Boat Name
    Parker 1801 cc
    Everthing thats part of the vessel and bolted down im sure is covered but everything else may not be.
    This shits getting out of hand parked my boat on the street for a day and some dueche canoe stole 40+ gallons of fuel recently.

• Wow
    Reactions: FishingFiend
    Upvote 0

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
    Utah
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    LONG RANGE fishing
    Most sport boats have sponsors of the rods and reels they use on the boats. They will (should) replace them for no or reduced charge.

Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    Excel, American Angler
    I would think if the boats were out of water in a yard that’s yards Ins would be responsible. If not the deductible probably makes it not worth claiming

I think Steve Carson would be a great place to start on the Penn site. Okuma isn’t on here anymore maybe UC and Accurate?

Upvote 0

Nick

215cc Triumph
    Aug 4, 2004
    san diego
    www.sandiegoanglers.com
    Name
    Nick
    Boat Name
    bad habit
    The insurance companies dont pay the real cost of replacement, not even close! If a claim is made the premiums go up considerably!

Reactions: plj46
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica from San Diego
    Name
    Brad
    Boat Name
    Yamaha FX SHO
    Probably not related but I believe this person's rods were recently recovered in a (police house search and seize). Mark Campbell). If this has been resolved or incorrect I will delete

FB_IMG_1656131046570.jpg

Upvote 0

Kevin A

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport
    The insurance companies dont pay the real cost of replacement, not even close! If a claim is made the premiums go up considerably!
    Your in good hands with All State (If they have them), They pay full cost to replace it. They don't do that pro rated bull shit like other insurances do!!!

Reactions: Soda Pop
    Upvote 0

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
    Utah
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    LONG RANGE fishing
    Isn't that why you have insurance. If you suffer a loss, you make a claim. Premiums depend on what the insurance co. feels they need to make a profit. It was not a robbery, it was a burglary.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat Name
    everyone elses
    Look for great deals on Offer Up, Back Page etc
    These guys keep stealing volume of tackle because people keep buying it.

Upvote 0

jayyyy

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 7, 2008
    NorCal
    Name
    jay
    Boat Name
    '04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
    How do thieves sell all this stuff and police can't intervene. Not just fishing gear, catalytic converters, bikes, cars etc.

Upvote 0