Anyone want to Turkey Hunt this season

rnorwood

• Jul 27, 2005
    SAN DIEGO
    Name
    Richard
    Boat
    Nada
    Hey Guys..I am an avid hunter but I haven't yet had the chance to hunt turkey; I was hoping to find a buddy out there that wants to team up to kill some gobblers. let me know

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Hunting_STGC

Jan 30, 2010
    Temecula, CA
    Name
    Dee
    Boat
    N/A
    Richard,
    My buddy and I have been doing some scouting for turkey. We both are military and this will be our first year hunting turkey in San Diego. We have a few connections that has shown us where there are alot of gobblers at. PM and we will chat more.

Upvote 0

IMAKECARSFAST

provider of protien
    Aug 24, 2004
    ramona
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    22foot, glacierbay center console, REEL BROKE
    be prepared to do battle on opening day..... it is a cluster fuck.... every "secret" spot is going to be hunted by 30 of your best friends...

the further you wanna walk the better...

if your gonna hunt public land.... mid week is best... thats the only time i will set foot on public land to hunt for turkey

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    Hey Guys..I am an avid hunter but I haven't yet had the chance to hunt turkey; I was hoping to find a buddy out there that wants to team up to kill some gobblers. let me know

Thanks!

Yeah, why don't we meet up. I'll show you all my spots :idiot:

Upvote 0

Vermonster

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 26, 2003
    Escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    I'm a Ho'.....
    be prepared to do battle on opening day..... it is a cluster fuck.... every "secret" spot is going to be hunted by 30 of your best friends...

the further you wanna walk the better...

if your gonna hunt public land.... mid week is best... thats the only time i will set foot on public land to hunt for turkey

That's why I will not be hunting till that Tuesday.... ;)

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
    That's why I will not be hunting till that Tuesday.... ;)

You gonna hunt or just take your gun for a walk again?
    It's had plenty of walks why don't you actually hunt with it for a change?
    LOL :hali_ruahahaha: LOL

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    Yeah, why don't we meet up. I'll show you all my spots :idiot:
    You're asking for another warning. :rofl: I've been talking to you for a while now and you won't even give up the gobler gold mine for me. I'm starting to really consider foregoing the beard season and pursuing hogs and fish.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    You're asking for another warning. :rofl: I've been talking to you for a while now and you won't even give up the gobler gold mine for me. I'm starting to really consider foregoing the beard season and pursing hogs and fish.

I wouldn't call it a gold mine.....if I get a chance to hunt that private land in Ysabel.....that's the mother lode there.

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    I wouldn't call it a gold mine.....if I get a chance to hunt that private land in Ysabel.....that's the mother lode there.
    Well, Jack Coostoo:rolleyes:, if you get into a situation where you have to shoot your way out, you know you to call for back up.:2gunsfiring_v1::cheers:

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    You got dibs
    I appreciate that. Side note... My newest avatar pic is a shot I took of Steve as we were hiking out with his fat gobbler over his back. full sized it's actually really nice. Green grass, purple flowers and scrotum head with blood dripping down.

Upvote 0

Hunting_STGC

Jan 30, 2010
    Temecula, CA
    Name
    Dee
    Boat
    N/A
    Meeting up with the bio guy i mentioned earlier tomorrow at 1230. He got combos to gates that only him and dfg got and he assured me that the areas he has nobody is willing to walk to. He has scouted this area for the past 5 yrs or so. For example he put 2 marines in an area and they found out how loud gobblers can be; they were roosted in the tree above. like I said earlier anyone interested in hunting with a few military guys hit me up.

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
    Jul 22, 2003
    Lakeside
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Killin time, Bill Collector
    Meeting up with the bio guy i mentioned earlier tomorrow at 1230. He got combos to gates that only him and dfg got and he assured me that the areas he has nobody is willing to walk to. He has scouted this area for the past 5 yrs or so. For example he put 2 marines in an area and they found out how loud gobblers can be; they were roosted in the tree above. like I said earlier anyone interested in hunting with a few military guys hit me up.

Nice offer!

Since I really don't hunt for the darn things let me know the combos so I can take my 12 year old out the weekend before. :D

Upvote 0

gpomplin

Oct 13, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    A BIG RUBBER DUCK
    last year they were watching the gates and from what I understand the fines were pretty big for anyone unlocking them.....

Upvote 0

gpomplin

Oct 13, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    A BIG RUBBER DUCK
    Ya they lock the gates for a reason and these clowns unlock them and go in and fuck up the roads and everything, no wonder we have problems withe df&g and the foresty dept, and these guys are some of our finest (marines) you would think they would use their heads, but it seems like they dont care, and they wonder why people bitch about hunting on their property, if they pull these stunts you can just emagine how they would act on someones property, well enough of them get caught maybe they will learn , but I doubt it....

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

gatorfan

Chief
    Dec 18, 2006
    CV CA
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    tube
    Stop your fucking whining.
    Maybe they have permission.

X2

Dude said he is going with a "bio guy". Maybe he just doesn't want to reveal his source...for a reason!

Besides, last I heard STG was Navy......

Upvote 0

gpomplin

Oct 13, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    A BIG RUBBER DUCK
    Stop your fucking whining.
    Maybe they have permission.
    not through dept Foresty or F&G locks they dont I already checked on it, and they told me before deer season that it is a feloney to unlock the gates, I was directed to the top person to try to get a permit and combo's and thats what I was told, not trying to stir the pot, just trying to keep it from screwing us all...

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
    Jul 22, 2003
    Lakeside
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Killin time, Bill Collector
    A felony? Bullshit! Look up felony trespass laws.
    Someones blowing smoke up your ass.

Just because YOU can't get permission to go through someones gate doesn't mean someone else can't. We don't even know if it's Private or government property or not.

ASSuming a lot aren't we?

I had access to private property one time and some assfaces thought since I was hunting there they could too. Fucked it up for me.

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
    Escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    I'm a Ho'.....
    You gonna hunt or just take your gun for a walk again?
    It's had plenty of walks why don't you actually hunt with it for a change?
    LOL :hali_ruahahaha: LOL

Hardy har har.... :rolleyes:

I do plan on HUNTING..... But I may go with the bow, and hit the hill. I figure there will be less pressure that way, versus going to EP or BC with the gun. Hell, both only shoot out to 30-35 yards anyway, so it's worth a try...... ;)

Upvote 0

IMAKECARSFAST

provider of protien
    Aug 24, 2004
    ramona
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    22foot, glacierbay center console, REEL BROKE
    they WILL give you tickets for passing locked gates... simple as that... its not a felony...

anyone foresty person can give you a ticket... not just the law inforcement ones

so dont be a douchebag and break the law and give the hippies a reason to hate hunters even more

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    anyone foresty person can give you a ticket... not just the law inforcement ones

Seems to me if they are giving out tickets, they are enforcing the law.:imdumb:
    Certainly not a felony though....
    Gonna be a fun Gary shoot at the K~n~G today....

Upvote 0

sportyg

Nov 29, 2009
    Back in Socal
    www.huntershelpinghunters-USA.org
    Name
    Gordy
    Boat
    N/A
    There are going to be a lot of bow hunters on that hill this year. Heck I was up there last spring season and found out I had five other hunters around me.. I guess the were all trying to hunt my decoys... It was no wonder I couldn't call any brids in. I was just up on the hill two days ago snow is still to deep found four new deer stands on the hill I hunt as well in the passed two years it has been over run. Taking a deer from there was almost a give until last year.. Saw a lot of brids on the golf coruse at Warner Springs & on private land near Julain, on the indain res and the ranch across the way going up the hill and one other place I had never seen turkey before....

Upvote 0