Well known member
Oct 23, 2018
Newport Beach
Name
Robert
Boat
Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
EDIT:
Since I’m getting shit on for asking, my reasoning for the following rules is mine, and mine alone, it is private, and is not anyone’s business. My boat, my rules, If you don’t like it, you are welcome to continue scrolling and not comment.

For anyone who DOES want to go or is interested, as the title says, anyone want to join us sometime? My friends (with the exception of 1 or 2) are all flakes and always no show, plus they never help with the setup or takedown. If you want to go hooping sometime hit me up, the boat is in Newport, we usually just go along the jetties, but sometimes we’ll be adventurous and go down toward crystal cove. All I ask is you help with the cleanup afterward. That and no alcohol or smoking (sorry but I hate both of those). Otherwise, if you do your fair share, you’ll likely be invited back, because I’m always looking for people to go with me be it on my Whaler or on the big boat.

Last edited:

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Very nice of you Robdog1!

Glad I have my own boat to smoke and drink those beers . . . responsibly. :lux:

"fish enhancement"

"psuh"
I'm out also, a little rigid for me, yep got my own boat to do what ever I/We (me and my fishing partner Bryan want to do). It doesn't have to be illegal to have/be fun! I agree, nice offer.

Reactions: RodRage

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
Generous offer :appl:"Hate" seems like the gauge is reading a little hot... :food-smil:cheers:

Reactions: RodRage

kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
As the title says, anyone want to join us sometime? My friends (with the exception of 1 or 2) are all flakes and always no show, plus they never help with the setup or takedown. If you want to go hooping sometime hit me up, the boat is in Newport, we usually just go along the jetties, but sometimes we’ll be adventurous and go down toward crystal cove. All I ask is you help with the cleanup afterward. That and no alcohol or smoking (sorry but I hate both of those). Otherwise, if you do your fair share, you’ll likely be invited back, because I’m always looking for people to go with me be it on my Whaler or on the big boat.
You shoild name one of your boats "12 steps" . The name would fit the boat perfect.

Reactions: REPO and RodRage

Bhoff

Aug 3, 2018
San Diego
Name
Brandon
Boat
Robalo
Do you ever come to SD and launch? Lobster or fishing. I have my own sled and go weekly, atleast fishing the bay for a day. Sometimes I go alone though, unless it’s hooping. But always down to get out and would love to meet another dude who just enjoys being on the water.

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Strike one-Newport, Strike two No having fun -Strike three for being a hater, live n let live I say....My next boats gunna be a small whaler named "Smokin n soakin"!

Last edited:

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
You shoild name one of your boats "12 steps" . The name would fit the boat perfect.
Maybe you should lighten up with some your policies or something else!! You seem to be always looking for people, either to invite again or If they want to go again on your boat? Their are countless people on this site for people looking to go with someone who has a boat, And paytheir fair share along with cleaning the boat afterwards. People should be begging you to go on your boat/boats. It seems it's the other way. I,m not trying to be rude about this, but something is not right. Every person I take on my boat (I don't charge anyone), They are always calling me wanting to go again and, Have said they will pay for everything. You should ask the past people why thy don,t come back or flake on you. This is constructive criticism and I'm not bashing you.

Allen Rice

Cranefish
May 21, 2019
West covina
Name
Allen Rice
Boat
N/A
Do you ever come to SD and launch? Lobster or fishing. I have my own sled and go weekly, atleast fishing the bay for a day. Sometimes I go alone though, unless it’s hooping. But always down to get out and would love to meet another dude who just enjoys being on the water.
Put me in coach !! I'll roll with you

Reactions: jer dog

Billy L

USCG licensed Captain
Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers
As the title says, anyone want to join us sometime? My friends (with the exception of 1 or 2) are all flakes and always no show, plus they never help with the setup or takedown. If you want to go hooping sometime hit me up, the boat is in Newport, we usually just go along the jetties, but sometimes we’ll be adventurous and go down toward crystal cove. All I ask is you help with the cleanup afterward. That and no alcohol or smoking (sorry but I hate both of those). Otherwise, if you do your fair share, you’ll likely be invited back, because I’m always looking for people to go with me be it on my Whaler or on the big boat.
I go with you if you’re in San Diego area. Bummer.
What’s with so many who’re so obnoxious when the guy is making such an incredible offer?

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
What’s with so many who’re so obnoxious when the guy is making such an incredible offer?
Ever hooped In Newport? You need a buzz just to get past the shitty fishing !

Billy L

USCG licensed Captain
Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers
Ever hooped In Newport? You need a buzz just to get past the shitty fishing !
Never in the whole LA area. Just SD bay and pretty lucky here most days.
Would love to go in your 32’ for big BF next year. My 22’ whaler has a Honda 225 and holds only 70 gallons, so the range is questionable for SCI

Last edited:

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
I don’t see anyone being obnoxious, people are just giving their open and honest opinions. You seem to feel pretty strong about this. Why don’t YOU step out of your comfort zone and drive up to Newport and hop-on and support Robert? It’s obvious to me why Robert states his friends flake, and I’m in no way saying Robert needs to compromise his personal beliefs, principles, and/or morality. Some might say don’t throw fish in the library. Have a great day Billy!

Billy L

USCG licensed Captain
Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers
I don’t see anyone being obnoxious, people are just giving their open and honest opinions. You seem to feel pretty strong about this. Why don’t YOU step out of your comfort zone and drive up to Newport and hop-on and support Robert? It’s obvious to me why Robert states his friends flake, and I’m in no way saying Robert needs to compromise his personal beliefs, principles, and/or morality. Some might say don’t throw fish in the library. Have a great day Billy!
I guess you’re right....... opinions are like a*******, everybody has one.

Last edited:
Reactions: makairaa

tunakillerjoe1

Jul 24, 2017
San Diego, Calif
Name
Joseph Gratteau
Boat
Valco Westcoaster
I have thought about dragging my boat up there to try something different, and maybe learn something. My usual days for hooping are Tuesday and Sat. night. Seems like Rob has proven successful at finding the bugs. This is very generous offer, and I guess it will save me towing up there. I will PM you and see if we can set something up. I need to see bugs coming over the rail, and learn some different styles. I have had 3 strikes down here! Thanks!

Reactions: Billy L

Robdog1

Well known member
Oct 23, 2018
Newport Beach
Name
Robert
Boat
Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
Generous offer :appl:"Hate" seems like the gauge is reading a little hot... :food-smil:cheers:
Maybe, Maybe a better description would be ‘strongly dislike’ both of those. But considering I’ve threatened to take my friends vape and toss it a couple times after he was blowing smoke all over, I actually do hate it (with him I can threaten that since I’ve known him forever, he gets itLOL) cigarettes more than vapes though. I hate the smell more than anything, and as for the alcohol, what you do on your time is up to you, but I have my reasons, which are better left private:hali_olutta: