Anyone use sun sleeves?

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
I used to rock the sleeves on my mtb but for fishing I now always wear a hooded sun shirt.

I have a few brands but the Columbia one I have is my favorite.

I worked in oncology for long enough that I even wear them when I’m mowing the lawn. Neighbors thought I was crazy at first. Now a couple of them are rocking them. Haha.

Upvote 0

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
I have stage 4 metastatic Melanoma. The danger of skin cancer is real.
When I was a kid, I slathered Sea-n-Ski on myself for many years until they discovered the lotion caused cancer. Then I switched to a lotion without the offending chemical. Recently, they took that lotion off the market due to causing Cancer.
I no longer trust the Pharma companies that claim to provide ”safe” lotions that prevent cancer.
Melanoma is linked to Sun Exposure, however there is no real evidence the Sun actually causes it. It appears to be a genetic immune system weakness. You can get Melanoma in the crack of your ass literally “where the sun don’t shine”
So, rather than slathering possible cancer causing chemicals on my skin, I cover.
Hat, HUK sun mask, Sun glasses, Columbia PFG long sleeve shirt, Buff fingerless gloves, long pants, sandals with socks.
76A62EB7-5C15-452C-829F-4921AC190E09.jpeg

Reactions: skrilla
Upvote 0

PoolMan

7 'dines short of a full scoop
Nov 7, 2005
La Costa
Name
Chuck G
Boat
8' sabot #69

Load up gentlemen. UPF 50 fishing shirts for $13 limited time. Legit site I've ordered plenty stuff I don't need from them many times.
Thank you foir the link. Just ordered 2. One for me and one for sonny boy.

Reactions: skrilla
Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Reactions: skrilla and B-BOYS
    Upvote 0