surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    I have had good success with a Halco 130 in that purple/pink color that I upgraded to ST-66 hooks, using 80 pound fluorocarbon leader, and usually four feet behind a weight to get it down another foot or two at the usual trolling speed. Stopped the CONDOR three times one morning a couple of years ago and they hadn't caught a trolling fish in a month before that on the usual Zukers and cedar plugs. It worked in 2015 too. I haven't been YFT hunting yet this summer, but I expect it will work again.

CONDOR 10-2014 022_(1024_x_768).jpg

Reactions: 7raptor
    Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 27, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    none
    Yep, always have one or two in.

On a 3 day last week, the only tuna jig strikes we got were on the purple/black Halco. Not a sniff on the other jigs or cedar plug.

Upvote 0

7raptor

happy to be here
    Sep 18, 2004
    The Islands
    Name
    yup
    Boat
    A Big One
    I have had good success with a Halco 130 in that purple/pink color that I upgraded to ST-66 hooks, using 80 pound fluorocarbon leader, and usually four feet behind a weight to get it down another foot or two at the usual trolling speed. Stopped the CONDOR three times one morning a couple of years ago and they hadn't caught a trolling fish in a month before that on the usual Zukers and cedar plugs. It worked in 2015 too. I haven't been YFT hunting yet this summer, but I expect it will work again.

View attachment 782706
    How do you set up the weight?

Reactions: brokenseal
    Upvote 0