Anyone tried new seeker rods?

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
Pretty much all my gear consists of Seeker rods / Shimano reels. When I find something that I like, i stick with it. However, now that Seeker is under new ownership, I would like to know if any of you guys have tried their new rods? I have seen them at the local store and noticed considerable price drop and change in design (different guides, reel seats etc).

Appreciate your inputs.

Dan

Reactions: Derfsondeck
Upvote 0

irob2

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
I can tell you 5 their customer service fucking sucks with the new owner

Upvote 0

saltwaterfish

May 13, 2010
Los Alamitos, CA
Name
Jason
Boat
looking for new one
I can tell you 5 their customer service fucking sucks with the new owner

thats funny, not true at all

Not too long ago, I posted a new seeker rod for sale on here , after I broke the tip, owed up to it and didnt try the typically fake warranty BS followed by a whinning post online, that most everyone else would do, and the owner of seeker saw my post and handled the situation awesome.

Reactions: Whalebreath
Upvote 0

Derfsondeck

DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 28, 2006
Ventura
Name
Fred
Boat
Poopshoot
Bullshit on the customer service. Ive taken in a lot of rods that people fucked up on their own accord. Fixed for free. They have upped their quality control to the extreme. Using better components. I hear a lot of bullshit rumors that I know for a FACT are not true. The blanks are being made in Washington by Brad Loomis. rods wrapped in Long beach. Ditributed from Oxnard. The owners are great guys who like to fish and just wanna build good rods.

Upvote 0

saltwaterfish

May 13, 2010
Los Alamitos, CA
Name
Jason
Boat
looking for new one
I've said it before but BD didn't take it serious. There should be a cry baby forum where everyone can whine about something true or not they can entertain each other, the rest of us don't have to read it or hear bs about any companies

Upvote 0

Scold

Yes, that's my back.
Dec 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
N/A :(
I've built quite a few rods on their new blanks and haven't experienced a single problem. Take my opinion for what it's worth (see signature), but they have gone above and beyond when helping me out. I started a rod building supply/custom rod business last year, and on one of my large seeker orders, one of the guys calls me and goes "hey... one of our guys is driving up to norcal to visit his family, he said he'd drop your order off at your place so you can save on shipping".

If that isn't customer service, I don't know what is.

Upvote 0

sierraed

Long rods and big boats
Oct 10, 2011
Ventura, CA
Name
Ed
Boat
Royal Polaris and Intrepid
Like most of you I have used many blanks over the decades and like to add at least a couple to the quiver each year. The past few years I've been using Seekers. Eric's Tackle in Ventura is finishing up a Super Seeker Ulua and a CJBF 70XH for my fall Excel trip. I can hardly wait. I've never had an issue with a Seeker blank, and I'm impressed with their new factory rods with subtle color schemes and sano components. I'll add that if anyone ever has an issue, work with your local tackle shop. Eric's has always gone the extra mile to help me out, even when I don't listen his good advice! The industry is a better place with Seeker in the game.

Upvote 0

irob2

Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
I actually fish nothing but seeker. I was out fishing with the wife and her brand new rod broke when the fish was straight up and down. Called seeker and they said sent them the rod and if they determine that it was not a defect the only thing they would do is offer up a 20 pecent discount so I let it play out and the said that there was no way the rod could break and they could only give me the discount and I would have to pay to ship it back. Fuck them I had it all on video shame on them. Customer is always right. Took 3 weeks of bitching to get my free replacement

Upvote 0

Derfsondeck

DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 28, 2006
Ventura
Name
Fred
Boat
Poopshoot
Like most of you I have used many blanks over the decades and like to add at least a couple to the quiver each year. The past few years I've been using Seekers. Eric's Tackle in Ventura is finishing up a Super Seeker Ulua and a CJBF 70XH for my fall Excel trip. I can hardly wait. I've never had an issue with a Seeker blank, and I'm impressed with their new factory rods with subtle color schemes and sano components. I'll add that if anyone ever has an issue, work with your local tackle shop. Eric's has always gone the extra mile to help me out, even when I don't listen his good advice! The industry is a better place with Seeker in the game.

Upvote 0

mberggre

May 13, 2012
San Diego, California
Name
Matt
Boat
N/A
Pretty much all my gear consists of Seeker rods / Shimano reels. When I find something that I like, i stick with it. However, now that Seeker is under new ownership, I would like to know if any of you guys have tried their new rods? I have seen them at the local store and noticed considerable price drop and change in design (different guides, reel seats etc).

Appreciate your inputs.

Dan

I'd go pull on them. Don't baby them or better yet, bring your reel and lock the drag down. You'll know if they're the same.

I think seeker has taken a lot of flack from local tackle shops due to their move. It's not as easy to get ahold of their rods as it was when they were in Long Beach and that upsets shops because it takes longer to get stock. That's not to say it's difficult to get them but you can't call up your tackle shop and have a seeker rep drop off a blank the same day. On the other hand, I see the UC rep everyte me I'm at the tackle store.

Upvote 0

Juanba

CR
Apr 11, 2014
Pt Loma
Name
John John John
Boat
Kayak,Gregor, Panga, Long Range SD
I Fished the OSP rail rods at the
Hurricane this winter on the Accurate reels trip. I thought the new OSP were fish killers. These new cow rods were fantastic fishing for big yellowfin.

Reactions: Olddog8 and Scold
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Upvote 0

Fathead

Jul 21, 2010
Torrance Ca. U.S.A.
Here is an example of how shitty their customer service is. I got my son (12 year old) a Seeker blank for a present and he and one of my buddies spent quite a bit of time teaching him how to wrap it. First trip out the tip brakes about 4 inches down. Called Seeker, they said send it in they would replace it. Instead I took it to Oxnard and showed them. Not only did they replace the rod, ( as they should ) but they also let him keep it the broken rod and told him to put a new tip on and give it a try. They could see the hard work he put in to it and didn't want to bum him out. Needless to say, we are now a Seeker family.

Upvote 0

Scold

Yes, that's my back.
Dec 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
N/A :(
Offshore Pro, I don't think I am eligible, missed the cut last trip. ;)

You are most definitely eligible haha.

The OSP's are longer, more "reinforced" versions of some of their popular railrod blanks. There are OSP 1x3's, 2x4's, 6463XXXH's, and 6463XXXXH's, all are 7'3" in length. They come with full 18" coldshrinked foregrips from the factory. Wrapped black on black with Fuji BHBNG's (Silicon Nitride II).

Reactions: Croaker.Stroker
Upvote 0