c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I saw a nice bull Saturday under a paddy.Stayed out of range just at the edge of visibility.

Trust me,if Id shot it Id be showing off pics of it.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
Seeing a school of dorado that didn't want to eat below a paddy a few years ago is what inspired me to get a speargun.

I can remember that day clearly,it doesn't seem like that long ago.We had just started venturing offshore that season.
Before this our trips consisted of fishing the Coronado islands in a piece of crap 18 foot open bow boat I had picked up cheap.I gutted it and mounted a 32 gallon bait tank in front of the engine hatch,it had a small block v8 of which are not very common for this size boat.The seats were off the shelf walmarts mounted on top of ice chests of which could be slid out of the way to clear deck space for fishing.It was very efficient for fishing for an 18 foot open bow boat.

I can remember fishing the islands and listeninig to the vhf and hearing talk of fishermen catching dorado under paddys out by the 371,425,302 etc.This talk inspired me to get a bigger boat,because I needed to get "out"there.
Picked up a used 18 foot striper with a 115 HP yamaha and I was off to offshore heaven.

I can remember finding a paddy with a large school of beautifully colored blue dorado,just below the 425....we just could not get them to take our bait.I remember telling my fishing buddy "dude, Im getting me a speargun".

I picked up a riffe speargun a few days later and that very next weekend while fishing we came across the same scenario,paddy full of lock jaw dorado....to this day my favorite fish to shoot and eat.

Reactions: sealskinner
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
I remeb
Past up a few to try to shoot a yellowfin. Shouldn't have done that.
I remember seeing your boat at the islands 2 or 3 years ago.I still crank the iron maiden when Im out fishing.Name was written down the whole side of your boat ,if I recall correctly.

Upvote 0

Huntersmoon

Almost A Member
Jan 8, 2006
here
Name
nombre
Boat
no
Off south 9

image.jpg

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
Nice bull man!

Upvote 0

pcantonius

Patrick
Mar 27, 2012
OC
Name
Patrick
Boat
yours
Got a couple this year. My goal is to shoot a tuna after being buzzed several times by different schools of yellowfin and bluefin. They really know how to stay out of range, unlike dodos and yellowtail that will practically swim onto your spear

DSCN0412.JPG

photo.PNG.jpeg

Upvote 0