bducky

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 31, 2017
elma
Name
bob
Boat
20 ft duckworth
I bought this rod 30 years back or so at a garage sale, cleaned it up and re-wrapped new fugi guides on it. Never used it but I bought this elec-tra-mate last year with a rod from the used sporting store at Monte Square run by Bryan. Rod guides are trash so I'm putting it on the Meatmaster. That was the only thing readable on the labeling but research on a square glass rod that turns round came up with "Even Tension rods", one of the 1st (if not the 1st) in the 1940s made of glass. They were considered good rods but shakespeare evidently grew and put them out of business. The rod is evenly square at the base, becomes round between the 1st roller guide and the 1st Fuji regular guide. 6 ft. rod. Hopefully will put it to use in August, Melanie has the Tanacom I bought her for Christmas, overhauled a Penn Peer 309 as a backup, even though it's right-handed. I'll take the elec-tra-mate to sportco to have them wind some line on under tension. I figure 60 lb. is heavy enough.

DSC07077.JPG

DSC07076.JPG

kenzmad

Jan 18, 2011
kent,wa
www.jamiesseptic.com
Name
jamie
Boat
nwj 218 lightning
I cant find jack on a google search. I love old rods. Have no clue, with the technology of the era, how they went from square to round. Cool find. Hang it on the wall.

bducky

Jul 31, 2017
elma
Name
bob
Boat
20 ft duckworth
I cant find jack on a google search. I love old rods. Have no clue, with the technology of the era, how they went from square to round. Cool find. Hang it on the wall.
Prob. not, already got too much stuff to go on walls, it's pretty much indestructible, square butt goes all the way thru the handle, I wrapped really good guides on it, would like to kill at least one hal before it's put aside for a newer, more sensitive stick. The info came from a florida fishing site post, old thread, though. haven't found much info but the company was in the mid-west, I'll get the location and try more research.

Last edited:

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
Aug 11, 2019
PNW
Name
Andre
Boat
Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
Prob. not, already got too much stuff to go on walls, it's pretty much indestructible, square butt goes all the way thru the handle, I wrapped really good guides on it, would like to kill at least one hal before it's put aside for a newer, more sensitive stick. The info came from a florida fishing site post, old thread, though. haven't found much info but the company was in the mid-west, I'll get the location and try more research.
Don't just toss it aside when you're done! I'll buy it off you and use it! I love running old gear

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Put a load on it before you fish it, 80 year old fiberglass might not be as indestrucable as you think. Hope it kills a couple for you, cool rod

bducky

Jul 31, 2017
elma
Name
bob
Boat
20 ft duckworth
Put a load on it before you fish it, 80 year old fiberglass might not be as indestrucable as you think. Hope it kills a couple for you, cool rod
Good point, I'll hook up something really heavy (5 gallon bucket of water) off the upper deck. Never had old fiberglass break but I've never re-wrapped a rod this old.