Anyone running out of Monterey Bay area for albacore?

Flyrbr

get a couple of gaffs in this
Oct 21, 2013
San Lucas By The Sea, Ca
Name
Bob
Boat
if it flies, floats or... you got it
I heard a couple of tips that there are some long fin being caught 45 miles out of Monterey? Wondering if anyone has been out there catching them?

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
I've read somewhere that a boat out of moss beach may give it a try next week. I hope they show up after 4 year pause

Maui Miles

Apr 14, 2015
Hollister, Ca
Name
Jeff Gibson
Boat
45' AGUILAR SPORTFISHER
I've read somewhere that a boat out of moss beach may give it a try next week. I hope they show up after 4 year pause
There were albies caught on the 4th anywhere from 5-10 a boat avg of 15 lbs. out past the 451 about 10 miles sw they are there but not in any big numbers. It's early so hopefully everything develops.

M.Bay T-Man

Jun 15, 2009
Monterey, Ca.
Name
Adam
Boat
in search of the deal
Ran on the 4th... Dropped in on the west side of the Dog Bone Ended up just above the Davidson for 4 short strikes.....Nothing stuck for me. There was about 6-8 boats down there, high boat had 8. It was spotty at best. Weather was beautiful though, if you had a boat that could do 40 knots you could of ran that on the way home!

gman408

Jun 6, 2017
san jose, ca
Name
Gary Martin
Boat
Boston Whaler
I read this thread hoping to read something new that I hadn't heard through the grapevine. I think we are all hoping for someone else to do the scouting before we burn the fuel.

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
my best ever Albacore trip was in the middle of October. There is still plenty of time for them to show up this year :)

Reactions: Paddyman1

karlk1125

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 20, 2008
Bodega Bay
Name
Karl Kobler
Boat
Looking for a World Cat 320 EC
look at the wind broski...been fucking howling for the past month. Weather is too warm right now, creating a crazy thermal trough that's producing these ridiculous winds.

Tifoso

Chinook,lings,bottom fish. And everything else.
Jul 25, 2016
norCal (central valley)
Name
Lou
Boat
yes
If someone figures this out, please let me know. :)

Tifoso

Jul 25, 2016
norCal (central valley)
Name
Lou
Boat
yes
Are there any 6 packs that target them out of there in, say, late September through November?

jigsaurus

May 13, 2010
West sonoma
Name
Stephen
Boat
12' plastic cod killer
If you want to catch albacore on a 6 pack I'd talk with Tom on the fishon. He is a cool guy and always on the tuna grounds if weather allows. Not sure about all the way into November but I've been out mid October catching them. Also the kahuna is a good boat for albacore. Not a 6 pack but it's fishy for sure.

Reactions: Tifoso

eliner

Aug 10, 2008
PACIFIC GROVE/CA/USA
Name
DAVID
Boat
E-LINER
I was out on the 4rth to and we got 7 albacore. Fish were in a small area and scattered. The water we were fishing is all washed out now and does not look good anytime soon. It was 20 miles SW of the 451. Some guys fished it a couple weeks ago for nothing. Still early. Monterey usally Sept-Oct.

Fort Bragg is looking hot right now. YOu may even get a 6 pack going now.

Tifoso

Jul 25, 2016
norCal (central valley)
Name
Lou
Boat
yes
Which month(s) best out of Ft Bragg for tuna, please? :)

Latest posts