Anyone planning to come fish out of San Diego from Phoenix? - ALL DONE. THANKS!

jmch75

Almost A Member
Apr 28, 2017
San Diego
Name
Joe Curly
Boat
None
Found a hard to find used crimping tool for mono/flouro that I've been looking for and the person doesn't want to ship.

If anyone lives in the area and planning to come out to SD to fish and willing to pickup on my behalf, I'd be very appreciative and more than willing to compensate $20 for the effort. Please PM if you'd be interested/willing to help.

EDIT: Person indicated they were "in Phoenix off I-17 and Camelback exit" if that helps give a better idea.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express
If the seller would bring it to me tonight I am coming over in the morning. I don't have time tonight to go get it though. I am in Tempe near ASU

Upvote 0

jmch75

Almost A Member
Apr 28, 2017
San Diego
Name
Joe Curly
Boat
None
Thanks for the offer. Appreciate the help. I think it's too short notice for seller. Want to be respectful for both parties with a reasonable amount of head's up.

Not in a huge rush. If it happens within the next month or two, I'd be super happy.

Also, seller advised he's located "in Phoenix off I-17 and Camelback exit" if that gives a better idea of where seller is located. Updating OP with this detail.

Thanks for all the responses thusfar.

NGSD1
NGSD1
no problem, I come over a few times during the summer so it may work out again. I also may have the Phenix rod you are looking for. I will check my garage.
Upvote 0
J
jmch75
WOW! Opportunity for one stop shopping!! Can it get better than that?

THANKS!!!!!!!1
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Probably be easier to find someone local who is willing to pop it in the mail for you. Maybe even send the guy a prepaid label?

Upvote 0

jmch75

Almost A Member
    Apr 28, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Joe Curly
    Boat
    None
    Probably be easier to find someone local who is willing to pop it in the mail for you. Maybe even send the guy a prepaid label?

Thanks. Believe me, I've tried all attempts to not involve anyone (and even offered the additional $20), but he seemed adamant and not interested in the money or the additional effort. His right to do so, and just trying to work with him best I can. My posting here is my last ditch effort since I know some people like to fish out of San Diego from Phoenix, and I was hoping for a sympathetic member since it is fishing related.

EDIT/UPDATE:
    Sorry @Hismosa. I may have read your response too quickly and didn't get your point. Yes, your proposal is another good option. I'm certainly open to sending someone local in Phoenix a pre-paid label if they were willing to pickup and drop in the mail. That way no need to travel to SD, but of course the fishing is pretty good here and the weather is pretty good most of the time too. If any takers, please PM.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

jmch75

Almost A Member
    Apr 28, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Joe Curly
    Boat
    None
    Such a great community here.

Thanks to all that have offered to help. I've been in touch with a generous forum member that has offered to help and if everything works out well, should have my new (to me) crimpers very soon to have confidence to go after those monster BFTs that have been roaming around our local San Diego waters.

Thanks Again Everyone.

Reactions: tunacraze
    Upvote 0