Offshore Anyone know what this floating blob is?

PENN

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Chunk of dead whale. Seen this before off Long Beach. Part of a dead whale carcass...looked the same.

Reactions: @-EZ
Upvote 0

Fubar1x

Aug 1, 2006
so cal
Name
Dave
Boat
none
th

Reactions: The Piper Lee
Upvote 0

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
WORKING ON IT.
Upvote 0

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
All you idiots are all wrong, remember the UFO sighting last week, its the alien parachute. Did you not see the chords under the water. I know this I saw that Will Smith movie.

Reactions: Rimack
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

http://www.ambergris.fr/

Ambergris, also called Ambre gris or Grey Amber is a substance, formed in the stomach or intestine of the cachalot or spermwhale. It is conceivable that ambergris is the result of a pathological condition caused by irritation of the whale's stomach due to certain indigestible particles in the whale's food. It is one of the few natural perfumery raw material which cannot be cultivated. Ambergris is a pale greyish or creamy yellow to brown or dark brown waxy solid mass. On ageing, the ambergris lightens in colour, particularly when exposed to daylight and salt water. Consequently, you have different grades of ambergris.
In order to help you (and us) to see if your ambergris is genuine please read the “DOCUMENTATION”, click on "IS IT AMBERGRIS" and then fill out the form on the “SELLING AMBER” page. This will help you to make sure that you are in possession of the real product..

We have serious references in buying ambergris all around the world. If you think that you are in possesion of it don't hesitate contacting us, we will help you in the process of selling your whale ambergris.

Unreal that this throw-up can fetch major money in the perfume market! That nasty blob could afford you a 2015 32 ft Cabo with all the fixings. Only problem is you'd need to scoop it up and somehow get it to France or Switzerland to bank on it.
"United States – The possession and trade of ambergris is prohibited by the Endangered Species Act of 1973"

Reactions: Rimack
Upvote 0

irukandji

Aug 5, 2011
OC
Name
Dave
Boat
Irukandji
Unreal that this throw-up can fetch major money in the perfume market! That nasty blob could afford you a 2015 32 ft Cabo with all the fixings. Only problem is you'd need to scoop it up and somehow get it to France or Switzerland to bank on it.
"United States – The possession and trade of ambergris is prohibited by the Endangered Species Act of 1973"
drag it into mexico

Upvote 0

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
WORKING ON IT.
image.jpg
We stopped on it for about 1/2 hour.