Anyone know of a used Yamaha outboard dealer?

dansly56

Almost A Member
Jan 13, 2015
Santa Clarita, Ca
Name
dan sly
Boat
2007 key west 225dc
Hey fellas I'm looking to repower my boat with a Yamaha 200 hp 4 stroke. Does anyone know of any local Southern California Yamaha dealers that sell used outboard motors and install them? I'm looking to use my Yamaha finance card or maybe buy cash from private left of the price is right. Let me know. Thanks

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I think towerfab Tom might have what your looking for.

There is also a shop in Huntington Beach that sells new scratch and dent models considerably cheaper than a showroom model, and it still has the factory warranty

Upvote 0

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
contact "shad burke" here on BD... he may not be a dealer but he has ALL the info you will need want to get it done

Reactions: Bottom Line
Upvote 0

45king

Jig slinger/arrow flinger
May 29, 2005
Sd/Oc
Name
danny
Boat
Hall pass
I would really advise you to buy one that you can inspect first. My brother bought one from Florida from a shop (m&w outboards). The owner promised to ship a super clean 2011 Yamaha 225 that runs flawless. And even guarantees any defects within the first 60 days and will happy to ship out any parts needed and will even pay the repair bill if need be. Well let's just say that fuckers a lying sack of shit and stiffed us. We went thru PayPal because they said they got our back if the guy is a crook.when shit hit the fan and we called PayPal they said they couldn't do shit for us after they advised us as to how we should send him his payment and minor detailed stuff.

So after about another $2000 we got it running right but it was weeks of down time. After all the bullshit we were just shy of what a new one would cost and if he can go back in time he would have just bought new, even if he had to swipe a cc cause most manufacturer offer a 5-6 year warranty. That right there is worth at least $10,000 if not more.

Good luck homeboy! I just bought a brand new Suzuki df150ss for my 2008 bw montauk because of the headaches we had to deal with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dansly56

Almost A Member
Jan 13, 2015
Santa Clarita, Ca
Name
dan sly
Boat
2007 key west 225dc
I would really advise you to buy one that you can inspect first. My brother bought one from Florida from a shop (m&w outboards). The owner promised to ship a super clean 2011 Yamaha 225 that runs flawless. And even guarantees any defects within the first 60 days and will happy to ship out any parts needed and will even pay the repair bill if need be. Well let's just say that fuckers a lying sack of shit and stiffed us. We went thru PayPal because they said they got our back if the guy is a crook.when shit hit the fan and we called PayPal they said they couldn't do shit for us after they advised us as to how we should send him his payment and minor detailed stuff.

So after about another $2000 we got it running right but it was weeks of down time. After all the bullshit we were just shy of what a new one would cost and if he can go back in time he would have just bought new, even if he had to swipe a cc cause most manufacturer offer a 5-6 year warranty. That right there is worth at least $10,000 if not more.

Good luck homeboy! I just bought a brand new Suzuki df150ss for my 2008 bw montauk because of the headaches we had to deal with.
That's some fucked up shit. I looked at some new ones but damn they are pricey. I'm looking to spend no more than 9k for one

Upvote 0

dansly56

Almost A Member
Jan 13, 2015
Santa Clarita, Ca
Name
dan sly
Boat
2007 key west 225dc
I think towerfab Tom might have what your looking for.

There is also a shop in Huntington Beach that sells new scratch and dent models considerably cheaper than a showroom model, and it still has the factory warranty
Do you know the name of that place in Huntington?

Upvote 0

PaDDy Killer'

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 9, 2008
Santa Clarita
Name
Patrick
Boat
Parker 2520 & 17' Whaler
My buddy got a 2004 225 four stroke on ebay with 400 hrs and the exhaust update, shipped from Maryland for 7k total. We have put about 20 hrs since install with no issues. Its been great. The seller has 100% feedback and lots of engine sales. I would look on ebay and look at the feedback history for a similar seller as my buddies.

Reactions: ShadBurke
Upvote 0

towerfab

Jun 15, 2004
costa mesa
www.saltwaterspecialties.com
Name
Tom R
Boat
Beleiver
I have two Yamaha f-200's and a few 225's as well. I concur with 45king, you will find better deals online but buying a motor without inspecting it first is a big gamble, I won't buy my motors on e_bay, way too risky. I can run the motor as well as hook up the laptop with the Yamaha diagnostic tool to verify engine hours, diagnostic history and systems check. I won't take any money until youhave inspected motor and verified all is well. I can also help with installation if my schedule allows. Thx, TR

Reactions: 45king
Upvote 0

Latest posts