Anyone here on BD in the South Florida Area?

EricFos

Team Googanator
Jul 7, 2007
NE St. Pete, FL
www.pbase.com
Name
Eric Fosbender
Boat
1983 Whitewater 25 open
Grew up in Lauderdale area and lived in Hollywood for awhile before moving up to St. Pete. Heard the crowds are worse now than even 10 years ago.

How's the sail bite been this winter?

Upvote 0

Creed

Nov 13, 2012
Coral Gables, FL
Name
Richard
Boat
Everglades 275
Yup, weekends are a nightmare, so I now try to fish during the week. Sail bite has been slow but its picked up in the past few weeks. Boats did well during the Jimmy Johnson tournament last week.

Upvote 0

EricFos

Team Googanator
Jul 7, 2007
NE St. Pete, FL
www.pbase.com
Name
Eric Fosbender
Boat
1983 Whitewater 25 open
Yup, weekends are a nightmare, so I now try to fish during the week. Sail bite has been slow but its picked up in the past few weeks. Boats did well during the Jimmy Johnson tournament last week.

Nice, I miss that fishery sometimes. The memories of triple sail hookups seem to last longer than the days drifting gogs all day and not catching dick!

• Haha
Reactions: pacificscout
Upvote 0

Glades Angel

Nov 15, 2020
SoFla
Name
Robert M Rogers
Boat
Aquasport 215
Living in and fishing out of Ft Lauderdale since 1986 so yeah,I've seen quite a decline in both our fishing and our standard of living here on the New River. Things change so you adapt,I now spend most of my fishing time out in the glades,fresh and salt. Cross the bridge into Everglades City and it's like turning the clock back 30 years to a soon to be forgotten Florida.

Upvote 0

MoIsFishing

Captain Mo Fishing & Charters
  • Sep 11, 2020
    Debary
    Name
    Ancelmo
    Boat
    Sea Hunt Gamefish/ Action Craft
    Great reef fishing in your area. I love to get back to Molasses reef sometime soon.

Upvote 0

FLLR1

Almost A Member
    Jan 30, 2006
    Florida
    Name
    LT
    Boat
    Boston Whaler
    Boca Raton. Generally fish offshore from HIllsboro inlet to Boynton Bass/Peacock and Snakehead fishing in canals, lakes, etc.

Reactions: MarkLaymon
    Upvote 0

benwah22

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Name
    Benny Ortiz
    Boat
    Whatever one I'm on.
    Pompton checking in

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Anyone know if there's peacock bass fishing in the seminole area?

Upvote 0

jackedup

Oct 2, 2020
    Daytona Beach Florida
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    37 seahunter 21 Shoalwater
    I am up out of Ponce Inlet here. Need to start a network of guys to keep on the bite all year!! Spring time fishing is getting hot here! Mahi Just showed and the Yellowfin are here as well!

Upvote 0

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    Grew up in Palm Bay and fished the Indian River around Sebastian including the inlet multiple times a week. Not there currently but going home at the end of the week. Any mahi or sails being caught out of west palm? I never got into that fishery so me and my friends might give it a try when we’re there. Otherwise we’re gonna fish for bass and tarpon.

Upvote 0