Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Yessir! Cessna 175 (tri gear), new radios, IFR rated, powered by a Lycoming 180 with a variable pitch prop. Just gotta get the annual done, and she’ll be ready to fly.

It’s hangared at Cable field.

Last edited:
Reactions: One_Leg

poncherello

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Have airplane, need lessons. Maybe trade lessons for fishing trips?
where are you in your training? I don’t have a CFI, but I have my commercial SEL and IFR. Where are located. I too have an airplane. I’m based at French Valley

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
where are you in your training? I don’t have a CFI, but I have my commercial SEL and IFR. Where are located. I too have an airplane. I’m based at French Valley
Logged, I have only a few hours. Unlogged, I’ve done well over 100 hours. Unfortunately most of that is basic flying and takeoffs.

I’m not far from French Valley, maybe 20-30 minutes.

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver/Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Logged, I have only a few hours. Unlogged, I’ve done well over 100 hours. Unfortunately most of that is basic flying and takeoffs.

I’m not far from French Valley, maybe 20-30 minutes.
Ever since 911, I am very leary of people who only wanna learn how to take off and steer. Not accusing.

Have you ever landed a plane?

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Ever since 911, I am very leary of people who only wanna learn how to take off and steer. Not accusing.

Have you ever landed a plane?
In the words of Indiana Jones “fly yes, land.... NO”

In the training I have had, I didn’t make it landings.
Don’t worry, I’d rather jump out of a building than fly into one.

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
What kind of plane do you have? Is the plane annual current? ADSB compliant?

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
What kind of plane do you have? Is the plane annual current? ADSB compliant?

Cessna 175, but hasn’t been flown or annualed in a few years. It does have a transponder, but I have no idea if it is compliant with the new regs. I suppose that will be part of the annual.

Last edited:

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Cessna 175, but hast been flown or annualed in a few years. It does have a transponder, but I have no idea if it is compliant with the new regs. I suppose that will be part of the annual.
something to consider. If you’re looking at getting your PPL, with the money you are going to spend on the annual and ADSB upgrade, you can go to a flight school and get the training and plane rental. At a bare minimum, you’re looking at $2-2.5k on a Sky Beacon ADSB Upgrade. I opted for a Garmin GTX 345 transponder with ADSB. The transponder alone is $5k plus install. I’m also getting other stuff done for flying over water (tuna spotting).

Curtis at Foothill Aviation could give a quote on your annual. He’s done work for my co workers planes. Also if there are any AD’s that need to be addressed.

my oil line hoses expired this year, so it was time for new ones. $1k for 4 oil lines and $1k to send out a magneto for overhaul. It adds up quick!! Just like boat ownership, break out another thousand and some. I opted for a plane instead of a Boat, butbot owners and plane owners share the same feelings when it comes to maintenance.

PM me if you have any questions. All the best!!

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
something to consider. If you’re looking at getting your PPL, with the money you are going to spend on the annual and ADSB upgrade, you can go to a flight school and get the training and plane rental. At a bare minimum, you’re looking at $2-2.5k on a Sky Beacon ADSB Upgrade. I opted for a Garmin GTX 345 transponder with ADSB. The transponder alone is $5k plus install. I’m also getting other stuff done for flying over water (tuna spotting).

Curtis at Foothill Aviation could give a quote on your annual. He’s done work for my co workers planes. Also if there are any AD’s that need to be addressed.

my oil line hoses expired this year, so it was time for new ones. $1k for 4 oil lines and $1k to send out a magneto for overhaul. It adds up quick!! Just like boat ownership, break out another thousand and some. I opted for a plane instead of a Boat, butbot owners and plane owners share the same feelings when it comes to maintenance.

PM me if you have any questions. All the best!!
I appreciate the understanding. Yes, airplanes and boats get expensive quick. At least with the boat I can add what I want and do it myself. Since the airplane isn’t an experimental it has to be certified airplane as I’m sure you understand.

The plane is hangared at Cable airport and there is a resident A&P at the field. Most likely we’ll hire him to take care of the annual an maintenance.

I’ll be sharing the experience with my dad, as currently it is his plane. Once I am licensed, I’ll be taking ownership and be flying him around. He has some health issues and probably won’t be able to pass a medical.

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
I appreciate the understanding. Yes, airplanes and boats get expensive quick. At least with the boat I can add what I want and do it myself. Since the airplane isn’t an experimental it has to be certified airplane as I’m sure you understand.

The plane is hangared at Cable airport and there is a resident A&P at the field. Most likely we’ll hire him to take care of the annual an maintenance.

I’ll be sharing the experience with my dad, as currently it is his plane. Once I am licensed, I’ll be taking ownership and be flying him around. He has some health issues and probably won’t be able to pass a medical.
Dr. Guben at Palm Springs Airport