Anyone hear of wreck near Pt Fermin?

AirAndSea

Apr 23, 2019
Ventura Ca
Name
Chris G
Boat
17’ Outrage
Was out in the Channel Islands area today (5/4) and hear marine broadcasts for a fishing vessel in the rocks with 18 people abandoning ship. I think USCG was advising it was near Pt Fermin, so close to San Pedro.
I want to say the vessel name was Scorpio or Scorpion.

can’t find anything on the news and just curious if anyone knows what happened? Hope everyone is okay.
(Apologies if this is the wrong forum)

• Sad
Reactions: pacificscout

AirAndSea

Apr 23, 2019
Ventura Ca
Name
Chris G
Boat
17’ Outrage
It was a Biden Mexican boat tour filled with illegals being delivered by Mexican Coyotes. Boat broke up on shore looked like it was made from plywood there's videos of it do a search.
It was a Biden boat? Interesting 🤨

I heard about the illegal immigrant boat but thought this was a different location.

AirAndSea

Apr 23, 2019
Ventura Ca
Name
Chris G
Boat
17’ Outrage
That boat went down off Point Loma, no where near the Channel Islands
The USCG MARB I heard yesterday was for Point Fermin, near San Pedro. While I was in the Channel Islands area, the broadcast was from LA / Long Beach. The helo from Pt Mugu responded as well.
Unless I misheard the location. But listened to the broadcast a couple times.

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
The USCG MARB I heard yesterday was for Point Fermin, near San Pedro. While I was in the Channel Islands area, the broadcast was from LA / Long Beach. The helo from Pt Mugu responded as well.
Unless I misheard the location. But listened to the broadcast a couple times.
The boat sinking everyone is referencing occurred on sunday, so it cannot be the one you heard yesterday.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Their was channel 7 reporting from point Fermin about the one on Sunday in San Diego, Maybe people are confusing it with that Channel 7 (in Los Angeles) broadcast.

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Definitely true, you'll probably find the biggest idiot by looking at the mirror Mr. Stupid neckbeard.

You gave me a good idea after sending me a PM.

Screenshot_20210521-060703_Chrome.jpg

Upvote 0