anyone have any time on the new winchester sxp?

Discussion in 'Gun Talk' started by BadKarma, Aug 10, 2011.

1. BadKarma

BadKarma Member

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    It's big, red, and lots of lights
    looking for input from anyone who has any time on the new winchester sxp. i also have a few questions. mainly, is the action bar like the weatherby pa 08 in that its a single u shaped piece or is it two seperate like the previous winchester 1300?

2. YANK N CRANK #2

YANK N CRANK #2 Proud Wyoming Resident

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    27, Seaway, Yank n Crank
    I've handled one and examined it but not shot one... They appear to be true to the 1300 design... Your local Big 5 Sporting Goods store can get you one... If you were closer to me at the Tustin Store, I could get one for you..

3. BadKarma

BadKarma Member

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    i was actually at big 5 the other day and saw the defender model. i took a look at it and liked wat i saw and felt, the guy behind the counter was very helpful, though he was saw he preferred the weatherby better. the weatherby he brought out (there was none on the rack) was damaged in a way that the barrel would not properly seat right and the mag tube cap was cross threaded. he told me that this is a extremely rare occasion since big 5 firearms are hand picked. i dont doubt this and he was very helpful. his big complaint on the sxp was that the bolt kinda lagged at the aft end of the action compared to an original. i personally didnt notice anything but would have liked to strip it down to see what the action bars looked like mating with the bolt group. if its like the weatherby, im for sure sold on the sxp, because everything else i like about it. my only lagging question besides the action bars is weatherby a nordic components extension for an sx3 would fit on an sxp? this is just to satisfy some crazy idea i have.

4. BadKarma

BadKarma Member

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat: