anyone have any issues with fish and game

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
HAHAH...Mike said pretty much what I was thinking, but I was to lazy to type it out.

Upvote 0

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
Jun 18, 2008
Vallejo, CA
Name
Eric W.
Boat
Tunacious 238 Coastal Twin 150-E
I stop rolling and read what he wrote! He's over 60 and appear to know how to read GPS coordinates! Maybe he's on to something! Just need to organize it and put it into some kind of logical order! Good luck! You catch anything?

Upvote 0

FOXINONE

Its Fishin Time
Jun 25, 2013
San Diego
Name
Ken
Boat
22' Striper
I wish you all the luck in the world with this. I've been encountered by DFW on numerous occasions and they have always been really cool with me. On the other hand, I don't fish anywhere near any of those restricted zones and think the best policy is to stay far away anyway. I also make sure all my documentation is in order before I go out. If you truly are innocent, you may want to think about taking a plea as this is going to just cost you more and more money to defend a case, which you probably won't win. There sounds like there is a lot of conflict in your story and I would suggest you think strongly about whether or not this is the battle you want to take on. It very well may cost you more to defend than it is worth. I do not know the age of your daughter but if she was caught with a rod and reel in her hand and did not have a fishing license, she is guilty. As far as the DFW guy lying, I seriously doubt it. It is not like he gets a pay raise for writing more tickets and he stands nothing to gain by writing you tickets for being innocent. Either way its a crap sandwich. I am sorry that you're going through this though as it is unfortunate.

Upvote 0

edoutfishing1

Seahorse albin 28te / 30 ft center console
Sep 20, 2012
lemon grove ca
Name
eddie
Boat
seahorse
Thanks guys. My attorney seems to think i have a shot. Here a pic of my gps cordinance. And yes I know I was close but not in the zone.

2016-01-20 18.51.43.png

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
coordinates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

overlay your plotter with a chart of the entire area to include the MPA.
your "evidence" needs an actual track and location indicator; not just a mark made by a Sharpie.

Reactions: invictus
Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
yeah, I guess I must be living right, cause the only issue I have had with them is them NOT wanting to see my license.....after handing them my declaration forms.... and I have been doing this a long time.

you got to remember guys/gals.......( and I have LE in my family).......they are just doing a job. YOU want to be good at your job, right? So do THEY. Some are more zealous than others.

DON'T break the law, or the F&G codes......and treat them as you would like to be treated....and you'll be fine. (of course, this implies that you actually KNOW the regs concerning whatever facet of fishing you are doing....)

I am ALWAYS amazed at the people who post about getting "busted" while doing something in which they are not fully aware of the rules.......and this is pretty common....not just fishing.

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Thanks guys. My attorney seems to think i have a shot. Here a pic of my gps cordinance. And yes I know I was close but not in the zone.

View attachment 739571

Your sharpie mark (which doesnt prove anything) seems to show you were just below the 32:48.01 line, that puts you far enough N to be well into the South La Jolla MPA...The south boundary is not where you drew it, It's at 32:47.945...

Next case .

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    I hope you have thought this through. There is a reason that 99% of the cases get resolved before a jury trial. Once you tie up a judge and an entire court room for what he is going to consider a minor fish and game case the judge is going to be really pissed off. If you are found guilty he is probably going to throw the book a you.. Just before the trial starts he will send you and the DA into the hallway to try and resolve the case. That is the time to try and make a deal to reduce it to an infraction and pay a smaller fine. Unless you have an air tight defense you are taking a really big chance.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Your sharpie mark (which doesnt prove anything) seems to show you were just below the 32:48.01 line, that puts you far enough N to be well into the South La Jolla MPA...The south boundary is not where you drew it, It's at 32:47.945...

Next case .
    Coords

32° 49.573' N. lat. 117° 16.781' W. long.;
    32° 49.573' N. lat. 117° 19.000' W. long.;
    32° 47.945' N. lat. 117° 19.000' W. long.; and
    32° 47.945' N. lat. 117° 15.495' W. long.

Upvote 0

fujirose

Jan 17, 2009
    Roseville, CA
    Name
    Jim Fujitani
    Boat
    21' Seaswirl
    Eddie, I have a few issues with your situation. First, one of your first postings here (at least within your first 5 postings) is a complaint about an enforcement contact with a DFW officer and you post to ask the open question, if anyone has had any issues with Fish and Game.

You accuse the DFW officer of lying in court in your daughter's case. We still have no idea how old your daughter is and what she was cited for; no license (older than 16)?, also fishing in a closed area? You admit you told her to bring in a line (that is part of fishing, isn't it?) And the officer testified he observed for 45 minutes (or was it 4 to 5 minutes, can sound the same in a courtroom, still the same violation). How did her case get severed from yours, if you are both contesting your citations on the same event?

An officer is only as good as his veracity in court. An officer found lying in court is no longer useful to any agency. As Joe Friday used to say, "Only the facts, Ma'm." With a recorder in every person's hand out there now, It is not worth it for an officer to lie, jeopardizing not only his career, but every case in which he/she has presented evidence in court.

Sgt. Silbaugh is correct (and I don't often agree with his postings), you could file for discovery. But in so doing, you will tip your hand that you are contesting the citation. The officer must testify against you in court in order for you to be found guilty. If the officer fails to appear for your court trial, you win by default. If you lose, you take your chances with the judge's knowledge of the codes and statutes, and the amount of fines and probation etc.

And if you are found guilty in a municipal court, by a municipal court judge, you can appeal your case up to the Superior Court in your county (in which case you might want an attorney). And you can't blindside the Court and the DA's office by bringing an attorney to your trial at the last minute (unless you are an attorney). Good luck!

Upvote 0

edoutfishing1

Seahorse albin 28te / 30 ft center console
    Sep 20, 2012
    lemon grove ca
    Name
    eddie
    Boat
    seahorse
    Thanks all for your replies and comments. I will let you guys know how it goes. Feb 3rd is the day. I just installed cameras on my boat wich will be on all the time im out in the water.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Why the cameras on all the time? You could turn them on when stopped and use the GPS to get your course.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    If you look at tempbreak.com and move that lil fish to the area you will see that 32 48 is N of 32 47.

32° 49.573' N. lat. 117° 16.781' W. long.;
    32° 49.573' N. lat. 117° 19.000' W. long.;
    32° 47.945' N. lat. 117° 19.000' W. long.;
    32° 47.945' N. lat. 117° 15.495' W. long.

32 48 2

Carl is right. God that was tough to say :rofl:

Upvote 0

GClev

Newbie for Life
    Nov 21, 2015
    LA County
    Name
    Gary C
    Boat
    HMS Hotspur
    Lawyer.

Lose your license and CA is part of the Western States Game Compact - you won't be able to hunt or fish west of Arkansas.

Edit - REVISION - Four states are in the process of joining the "The Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact" and that leaves two, only Nebraska and New Jersey are not. Lose your license in CA, lose it almost everywhere. Happy retirement. Take up drinking.

GET A LAWYER.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

frazier

Dec 25, 2012
    frazierpark ca usa
    Name
    gordon grant
    Boat
    30' seaway ( sold ) 22' privateer
    Thanks all for your replies and comments. I will let you guys know how it goes. Feb 3rd is the day. I just installed cameras on my boat wich will be on all the time im out in the water.
    Ive been a witness in two jury trials involving the dept. of fish and game and in both trials the officers lied through most of the court preceedings , in one trial they threatened me as a witness in the parking lot with great bodily harm . One trial the charges were dismissed afteri made the judge aware of there threats .the other trial he got charged with three bogus counts based on lies , be carefull with these guys they will lie in court to get there way !

Upvote 0

kodiak2858

Jan 22, 2012
    Marysville, WA
    Name
    Roger Aulabaugh
    Boat
    N/A
    Ive been a witness in two jury trials involving the dept. of fish and game and in both trials the officers lied through most of the court preceedings , in one trial they threatened me as a witness in the parking lot with great bodily harm . One trial the charges were dismissed afteri made the judge aware of there threats .the other trial he got charged with three bogus counts based on lies , be carefull with these guys they will lie in court to get there way !

And for some reason I'm supposed to believe YOU, that two sworn law enforcement officers lied?? I spent 20 years as an Alaska State Wildlife Trooper and never met ANYONE on ANY case that was worth lying to get a conviction against. Believe me, you're not as important as you think.

As great a career as it was for me, watching the public's disrespect for law enforcement nationwide nowadays, I'd never consider doing the job again. The job is the same, the fish and game are the same---but so many of the people you meet in the field are different....and not in a good way.

Upvote 0

drumford

gotta go babe!
    Sep 20, 2010
    C.M. CA
    Name
    Dondo
    Boat
    Cory's Rig
    I just wanted to be sure I'm not mistaken by the last 19 words in your post before I respond.

Upvote 0