Anyone fish the rigs lately? Sand Dab show up yet?

PENN

watersdeep

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Go get them, they are here.

Upvote 0

Reefmo

Almost A Member
Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa
Sorta like blue gill of the ocean. Plentiful, easy to catch, easy to cut, and super tasty. Blue water grille in newport sells em for $18!

Upvote 0

shinbob

Almost A Member
Oct 31, 2011
Pasadena
Name
Shin
Boat
Triton 240 LTS
Pacific Dining Car has em for $42. From Catalina, apparently, but why even go that far?

Fb63VHT.jpg

Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
I don't get it! I just defrosted the freeze. I found a gal bag of them. In hope they will make good bug bait! I never liked the really soft texture! My sister won't even take any from me and she likes cuda!

Upvote 0

SEA SEVEN

Feb 2, 2006
San Diego
Name
None
Boat
None
I don't get it! I just defrosted the freeze. I found a gal bag of them. In hope they will make good bug bait! I never liked the really soft texture! My sister won't even take any from me and she likes cuda!

I'll take them off your hands .. just kidding. Dont eat those, gotta eat them fresh. Slight panko batter, fry till golden brown.. yum yum. I can eat like a thousand of those. The fins and tail are also very good, as long as they are crunchy.

I need to find some spots in SD for them, still new to this area. But I was going to visit some fam up north and haul the boat. I use to fish for them a lot at the rigs and they are NOT always there. There is a season where they are super duper thick.

Upvote 0

Azarkon

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 28, 2015
California
Name
Joe
Boat
N/A
They are always there just not in the same numbers. Less now that the Tradition is on them all winter long and taking a couple thousand every day.

Time to find new spots, shouldn't be hard...

Upvote 0

4bruce

Dec 13, 2011
la
Name
Lee
Boat
goldfish
The best spot for big sand dab is in Santa Monica bay. Sorry I can't tell you the exact spot. Anywhere from Pv to Malibu around 300ft. Good luck

Upvote 0

Latest posts