Anyone else getting the dove itch from this hot weather?

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Because of the heat, I don’t enjoy chasing doves... but the boat and water are definitely calling!

Reactions: Fishhunter3403

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I will say, once the chill starts in for fall, I’m all about some ducks!

Reactions: finsane

Fishhunter3403

Tug junkie
Jan 9, 2018
Orange County
Name
Anthony
Boat
None
I will say, once the chill starts in for fall, I’m all about some ducks!
I’m all about all the birds once things cool down. Last season wasnt so good for me when it comes to the waterfowl but I messed up some 2nd season dove and a bunch of quail! Duck hunting has a special place in my heart though haha

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I didn’t even get out this last season for anything. I’m hoping to change that this year, and probably try hunting other states. However, I live minutes away from SJ, and that is tempting if the birds come down in decent numbers.

Fishhunter3403

Tug junkie
Jan 9, 2018
Orange County
Name
Anthony
Boat
None
I only hunted wister last season for ducks and it was absolutely terrible. Most ponds on the opener & closer were either half dry or overgrown. Might start hunting SJ more after that experience... sucks to see wister going downhill from poor management. I didn’t shoot one duck the whole season. But hey, here’s to a hopefully good upcoming season! :Death_To_Above:

MJB

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
Go now before the bugs & humidity......euro still legal and better tasting

HighWildFree

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Moooo!
I was planning a Euro trip with some canal fishing tossed in, but this little heat wave is deterring me. Can't wait for the season to start.

windmillwilly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 15, 2006
wildomar ca.
Name
bill
Boat
nada
As many doves as I see flying round now I think this is going to be another great bird year,
And I say that after having my turkey hunt at southerland fall victom to the covid

windmillwilly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 15, 2006
wildomar ca.
Name
bill
Boat
nada
The trick now days is finding fields that are not posted,so many farmers are growing organic you really have to scout around to find a open spot to shoot and then hope the birds are there

Fishhunter3403

Tug junkie
Jan 9, 2018
Orange County
Name
Anthony
Boat
None
The trick now days is finding fields that are not posted,so many farmers are growing organic you really have to scout around to find a open spot to shoot and then hope the birds are there
Yeah that’s why I started hunting more toward blythe/palo verde instead of the IV. Way too many posted fields in the imperial valley and the ones that aren’t are way too crowded.