Anyone concerned about Fukushima out there?

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
With all due respect, a large part of coming of age is concluding you're not the only one who has discovered the belly button. This website is populated by hardcore outdoorsmen and women, modern day pioneermen if you will. We spend countless hours, days and years trying to "break the code", get an edge, researching, studying others, questioning conventional wisdom and exploring the unknown (to us). We go so far as to subject ourselves to public peer review with each and every new post with nothing to gain except the bitter-sweet taste of humility and the chance to go back to the drawing board. Again with all due respect, few in the professional community would do the same. Most would scoff at such personal scrutiny while simultainiously questioning the critical thinking skills of the proletariat.

I feel confident in saying there is an abundance of fertile minds within our community. I think you'd have a better chance at stirring up the dumbed-down and arrogant at sites like Yahoo Finance or most of the tech-blogs.

That being said....what do you intend to do about about the ills you reference ?

Reactions: Tunahead

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
Jun 23, 2009
sou cal
Name
Frank
Boat
Kayak
Well, its a fucked up situation all around...the Japanese Government may need to rename the prefecture Fucked-up- shima. I've read a few different reports....everyone needs to decide for themselves what to believe be it these tinfoil hat sites weaving a picture of the death of the ocean...or these reports by generic nameless experts telling you that eating bluefin is safer than a banana based on tests of 12 fish caught 2 years ago. Me, personally, i think the ocean and most of the natural world will die and we will all resort to eating each other in the form of government issued processed crackers made from people....

I at least hope that the fuckedupshima radiation hitting the west coast mutates some of those puny ass bonito in King Harbor into 300 lb. Cows so i can get my licks in before the end of the world!

captjeffjones

Embellishment detector.
Jun 6, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Captain Jeff Jones
Boat
Depends on which client....
Hmmm.. Indeed, there is ample information that points in both directions. Of course, there are a group of people who have an interest to maintain the status quo, and those people just happen to be the same people who have lied to us about everything from illegal immigration to banking/wall street theft, from falsified reasons for war to gmo foods and so much more. However, I am not listening to any particular person or group, for as an attorney, I look at the same thing I would look at in a trial - evidence, precedent, and to a certain degree, expert testimony.

What is the evidence? Animals are showing evidence of skin damage consistent with radiation poisoning, and many animals are dying, some actually disintegrating, their cellular structure literally falling apart. No scientific explanation has been offered, with this event deemed a "mystery" to science. That is a fact, that I have taken the time to confirm has been happening. Also, the sardines are said to have vanished, at least for the most part. California had a tremendous rebound of the sardine population in the last 15 years, but now - mysteriously and without good explanation - it has been greatly depleted. Again, no scientific explanation given. It is a mere coincidence that events like this have only started happening after Fukushima? Uh huh..

As for the bottom of the ocean coverage with dead organisms, clearly by the way it is measured, going from 1% to 98% equates to a vast increase. I did not create this figure, it got it from a National Academy of Sciences report, echoed by National Geographic. While I am not a big fan of these establishment sources, I have to acknowledge that there is indeed a chance they could be accurately reporting the situation. I certainly will not simply blow these figures off just because I do not want to hear them. As to how they measure the dead organisms on the sea floor, remember, the ocean column is rich with plankton, from top to bottom. The dead sea organisms that covers 98% of the ocean floor could be (and is likely) mostly plankton, a fact which bodes very badly for the entire food chain.

As far as who to listen to on this deal, if people have not yet learned to stop listening to our politicians, our liars in the mass media and biased parties (the nuclear industry), who all have a stake in deceiving you, then you are not using the brain that God has given you, nor are you learning from the fact these people have lied to you continually for years. Logic tells us that liars lie, it is that simple. In fact, there is a jury instruction given to a jury at the end of a trial that tells the jury if they catch a witness lying just once, they can reasonably assume that each and every word they say is a lie. Why would judges so instruct a jury? Because the law recognizes the simple fact that liars lie.

Who to listen to? Well, a good place is to start with disinterested parties who have nothing to gain from what they say, for a biased party usually gives a biased account of any given situation. I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who once stated that "only a fool trusts what is alleged to be an impartial assessment of an activity, when the assessor's financial interests depend upon that activity's survival". Never better has it been stated.

Dr. David Suzuki, a respected environmentalist from Canada, said that when the next phase of the crisis hits (the building collapses and the fuel rods touch each other and start adversely reacting), that the entire West Coast will need to be evacuated, and that Japan is history. Do a youtube search and see him say it for yourself. Dr. Helen Caldecott, a medical doctor who has researched the effects of radiation levels on the human body, has indicated that the levels of radiation released by Fukushima are truly frightening, and the increased amount that will be released, is of a frightening level, far more than Chernobyl. All experts, including even Tepco, have said that they will not be able to clean up this disaster for decades, some saying never, and they are saying now that this disaster is far beyond their ability to handle and need help. That means that radiation will continue to seep into the ocean for 10-20-30-40 or 50 years and more, at the same or increased rates as today. If the sardines have disappeared already, if certain sea creatures are literally disintegrating as never before just after 32 months (cellular degeneration due to radiation), what will it be like in 10 years, 25 years, 50 years and ore, especially since the radiation releases will be dramatically increasing?

Of course, there are always the sailors on the USS Ronald Reagan, who were first responders to the tsunami, and now - only 32 months later - extraordinarily high numbers of the sailors are suing Tepco because they are all coming down with cancer (they cannot sue the Navy). More coincidence?

As to precedent, the best precedent to draw upon was the Chernobyl disaster of 1986. To date, over one-million people have reported dying from Chernobyl due to cancer. Already, in the USA, there has been a substantial rise in the infant mortality rates that started within a few weeks after the incident. Of course, Chernobyl did not have an ocean and as much distance between it and the surrounding populated areas, which works in our favor. However, the radiation-related cancers (the increased numbers above normal) happened all across northern Europe, not just in the immediate area surrounding the reactor. Another HUGE issue with Chernobyl is that within 3 years, the Russians had the reactor completely entombed in a concrete sarcophagus, completely controlling the release of radiation. We are almost 3 years out on Fukushima and they have literally done NOTHING, except continually splash seawater on the rods to keep them cool, which has led to an admitted 300 tons of highly contaminated seawater going back into the Pacific every day (that's what they admit to). What makes this worse is that all the experts (at least the honest ones) admit that they do not have it under control, and will not have it under control for decades, and that it is likely going to get much worse. Precedent? Well, the precedent in this case is one that should give rise to great concern for any mind not in denial.

As with each and every issue I would bring to this board, I do not ask you to trust me. I ask you merely to see the evidence and the argument with an open mind, and to care enough to do the research for yourself, trusting not any opinion, but facts, precedent and common sense. For goodness sakes, Americans have allowed for too long others to formulate our opinions and think for us because it is the easy way out. However, letting others tell us what to think is exactly what has gotten our nation to the brink of financial disaster, social strife, immigration chaos and emerging totalitarianism. Isn't it about time that we used the great gift of our minds to research and think for ourselves?

I hope that this perspective brings insight to readers and a desire to research this information for themselves. Also, that such insight also brings wisdom and knowledge and as such, helps people make intelligent and informed decisions. No intelligent person can make a good decision based upon false information and in fact, an intelligent person will always make the wrong decisions when given incorrect facts upon which he bases his decisions.

Blessings.
"evidence, precedent, and to a certain degree, expert testimony." ???? This is not a court of law, and there is no jury. Lets look at something we do not see in court, LOGIC. The sardine biomass has come and gone in cycles since man first put pen to paper to document such things, and this "collapse" is right on schedule. Referring to logic, how do you explain the sudden abundance of anchovy up and down the entire coast? Our squid fishery is off the charts, and we are experiencing year round squid since before the Japan earthquake. How is that not effected by a sudden influx of radiation? Furthermore, the argument is made that there are those that gain by saying there is no radiation, but what about those that gain by saying there IS radiation? The same policymakers that implemented the MLPA's and want more areas closed to fishing would certainly love to see West Coast fishing and boating enthusiasts seek other means of entertainment. Now as a guy that ACTUALLY SPENDS TIME AT SEA, I can report to you FIRST HAND that there are NO rotting dead sea creatures on the ocean floor. That I have not seen a single sea creature with anything that resembles a "burn". I run boats for fishermen, scuba and free divers, and "everything looks normal" according to them. Kelp beds are growing normally as they do in winter, we've had our share of winter yellowtail and a few seabass after an epic rockfish season. So, without having the time to watch the news, or read the paper, where am I getting my information? Where are YOU getting your information?

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Hate to clutter this thread with facts but.....we are entering the 16th year of a cold water cycle in the Southern California Bight (that's our So Cal local fishing grounds for you Packers and Steelers fans) according the the California Dept of Fish and GAME. We have been invaded by squid for the last 7-8 years. Anchovy has once again taken over our area. Bait is more than plentiful but it's not Sardine.

I guess Squid and Anchovy are high in Nascent Iodine? I'll check Yahoo Finance for the definitive word.

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Hate to clutter this thread with facts but.....we are entering the 16th year of a cold water cycle in the Southern California Bight (that's our So Cal local fishing grounds for you Packers and Steelers fans) according the the California Dept of Fish and GAME. We have been invaded by squid for the last 7-8 years. Anchovy has once again taken over our area. Bait is more than plentiful but it's not Sardine.

I guess Squid and Anchovy are high in Nascent Iodine? I'll check Yahoo Finance for the definitive word.

Dec 1, 2011
PL
Name
Mike
Boat
I cut multiple bluefin in 2013 with golfball sized puss pocket/tumers under the skin. I dont doubt they were nuked but I feel they were fried then migrated here. As for the huge biomass dieoff its right on time for the 10 year cycle of plantonic bloom/death cycle.(effecting our entire trophic system starting with sardines) only time will tell, maybe cool it on eating pelagics for a while? Just my two cents.

Without a geiger counter, for all I know the bluefin tumors were unrelated just seemed odd two of the three fish had them within the same school

Last edited:

IBAFT

Oct 6, 2008
Long Beach
Name
Albert
Boat
Currently Without Vessel
Wow, it never ceases to amaze me. I come to the boards humbly offering information that should give a person a moment of pause, to perhaps see an issue from a different perspective, for we all have had corrections in our thinking from time to time. I give logical reasons - proven truth time and time again - that trusting the usual sources is not wise. I give links to evidence that is promoted not by wacko "conspiracy theorist" sites, but by The National Academy of Sciences, National Geographic, CBS News, highly respected scientists and doctors and the like. I showed you evidence of Chernobyl, a lesser event that happened before, that led to great deaths and sickness. I only raise the issues, and I do not tell you to trust me, but to research the issue for yourself - if not for yourselves, then for your children who are the most vulnerable. I came with the intention to share knowledge, for knowledge is the basis of truth, and as a very wise man once said, "know ye the truth and the truth shall set you free".

However, while I see some folks with minds open enough to at least consider these issues, I see a majority of people either flatly reject what is offered (likely with little or no research), or even more telling, go on a personal attack that "I need to go back on my meds" for even raising the issue. Where did this come from? I did not come here telling you to stop eating seafood, or stop fishing altogether, or leave America, or commit suicide, I offered information and asked if some people were concerned. Similarly to when I came here previously exposing the MLPA as a globalist mafia confiscation of our natural resources (going on worldwide, started and sponsored by Ecotrust, a group backed by Goldman Sachs, the Rothschilds family and the like) in their efforts to further control people and help them return to a feudalistic system, I met a similar response and in some cases, from the same people. A few people also saw what I was saying at that time, but the rest either flatly rejected it without anything other than "it can't be true" (blatant denial) or made personal attacks.

What does that fact tell you? People are either closed in their minds to what they do not want to hear or in some cases, they are shills on the internet, paid to lie and manipulate people's thoughts to help form public opinion in favor of the globalist empire forming right before our own eyes. Even the Wall Street Journal reporters have written about the fact these liars are all over the internet. That is exactly who people like Wils works for, further supported by his attacks on anyone who disagrees with the communist MLPA program, or brings up any form of real criticism of the criminal elite who are taking down our nation. Is it any wonder why numerous oppressive nations in the world are censoring the internet (unofficially, the USA as well) and at the present time, global elitist and Senator Jay Rockefeller is pushing for a bill that "officially" censors the internet in America?

Heck, with the government-sanctioned banking theft and bailouts, bogus wars, open borders, suppressing truth about medicine, gmo's and the like, the general treason against our people, and the recent revelations from Snowden and Assange, for any person to question the fact your government is not your friend constitutes outright denial, blatant ignorance, and an invitation to slavery.

Hey "Doc", if you are not aware of the increased infant mortality rate since Fukushima, then perhaps you should research the issue. Just because you work in the medical field certainly does not mean you are aware of every medical development in the world (especially the suppressed ones) anymore than I, as a lawyer, would be aware of every single legal development.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=infnt+mortlity+rates+and+fukushima&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Maybe this is why the federal government just ordered several million doses of potassium iodide, used to protect the most vulnerable part of the body to radioactive iodine 131 poisoning, the thyroid.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=us+government+oerders+iodine&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=us+government+orders+iodine&rls=en&spell=1

Maybe all of this is why Japan, like the USA, is not even reporting the issue with any appreciable degree of veracity, and worse, Japan has just banned all journalism that might give a negative outlook on the matter. There will be jail time for offenders. Heck, they will probably keep them incarcerated near Fukushima and feed them seafood from the area.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=japan+censors+kukushima&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=japan+censors+fukushima&rls=en

As to the sardines dying off, CBS News basically states that the "experts are mystified". However, we appear to have some geniuses here who without doing one lick of scientific research, have solved the sardine problem with a stroke of the keyboard. Perhaps the marine biologists need your assistance to tell them what is up... ya think?

For those who gave me their rendition about the cause of sardines disappearing, I notice you conveniently ignored the starfish that are literally disintegrating up and down the West Coast, all since Fukushima. What caused this to happen... aliens? The truth is that NEVER before in history has this happened, that animals cellular structure merely fell apart. Again, it is a mystery, that is if you ignore Fukushima. It is purely logical to assume that certain species will be "indicator species" or early warnings of coming environmental disasters. Some are more susceptible to toxins, heavy metals, temperature change, and obviously radiation, and they would be the first animals to show the signs of trouble. Radioactive strontium and cesium have extremely high energy emissions, and certainly the deconstruction of the cellular integrity would be a reasonably foreseeable result. One thing for certain, since this catastrophe will continue, and get much worse for likely another 50+ years, then I would say that the starfish are just the beginning.

You also ignored the high percentage of cancer for the sailors on the USS Ronald Reagan. Hmm.. how convenient for you.

In closing, I only offer this information after extensively researching the issue, to be a blessing to those that will hear it. Some people will listen, research it for themselves, and if they find merit to my concerns, take as many precautions as are reasonable. There are indeed ways to protect the body from radiation damage, and in some cases, even reverse it. Some will sit back and do nothing, reject, mock and ridicule those who seek to learn the truth and who care enough for their fellow man to share the information. They will reject even the concept of learning something new and go on trusting the most untrustworthy people on earth to tell them the truth, perhaps one day wondering why people around them died of cancer in higher numbers than should be. In retrospect, who will be the wiser of the two?

There are indeed a class of people who hate knowledge, if that knowledge causes inconvenience or discomfort in any way. There is a great saying for those kind of people by a man known for his wisdom, King Solomon. I encourage all to go to the Book of Proverbs (a book of wisdom), Chapter 1, Verse 22 for that saying.

I will leave you with a few expert opinions for your consumption. First is highly respected Canadian environmental scientist David Suzuki. He has been a professor and television host for numerous scientific-based shows. Listen to what he has to say about Fukushima.

The next is the director of "Beyond Nuclear", an advocacy group promoting alternative energy choices to nuclear fuel.

Another is Dr. Helen Caldicott, a physician that has greatly researched the issues and is speaking out with a dire warning, citing facts and figures.

Blessings....

IBAFT

Oct 6, 2008
Long Beach
Name
Albert
Boat
Currently Without Vessel
Got a question about science? Ask your attorney.
Your attorney who has passionately studied science for decades, who was a Marine Biology major and a top student in his class. Sure, ask away.

What is your agenda friend?

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Well, I've been eating down a freezer full of bluefin and
yellowfin tuna from an epic season, and so far I'm
not glowing...except for Friday nights and Tuesday afternoons !
LMAO LMAO
News at 11...

Last edited:
Reactions: HBTRANSPLANT

IBAFT

Oct 6, 2008
Long Beach
Name
Albert
Boat
Currently Without Vessel
I cut multiple bluefin in 2013 with golfball sized puss pocket/tumers under the skin. I dont doubt they were nuked but I feel they were fried then migrated here. As for the huge biomass dieoff its right on time for the 10 year cycle of plantonic bloom/death cycle.(effecting our entire trophic system starting with sardines) only time will tell, maybe cool it on eating pelagics for a while? Just my two cents.

Without a geiger counter, for all I know the bluefin tumors were unrelated just seemed odd two of the three fish had them within the same school
_____

I think purchasing a geiger counter to first measure all food we consume makes a lot of sense. They can be purchased online, and they are relatively inexpensive, from sellers like Amazon.

IBAFT

Oct 6, 2008
Long Beach
Name
Albert
Boat
Currently Without Vessel
time to re-up the meds.....
Yeah, I've been following this for some time now. IBAFT's post is over the top, but that isn't an excuse to ignore this problem. These things take years to play out and we may never know the full truth about this. I myself will err on the side of caution.
Over the top? Recommending no course of action but research. Providing facts, plus telling people not to trust me or our delightful government, but research the issue for themselves. Yeah, really over the top.

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA

Be without pics. My bluefin has looked and tasted amazing from sept 2013. And they were 100 plus lbs so maybe they were born in fukashima

IBAFT

Oct 6, 2008
Long Beach
Name
Albert
Boat
Currently Without Vessel
Sorry but some of these arguments are bordering on total paranoia. Equating the sardine decline to the tsunami neglects the fact that prior to the disaster scientists were discussing this latest cyclic downward trend.
A substantial rise in infant mortality rate in the US? Sorry but that's news to me and I'm a physician. The fact that it supposedly began within weeks of the disaster would strongly suggest that it was not due to an event on the other side of the world.
I certainly hope that increased radiation levels aren't released for 10-50 years but I'm not ready to accept the doomsday scenario of the "respected" environmentalist and medical doctor that you quoted, since neither are expert in the area.[/quote
The article on sardines references water temperature not radiation as the cause.

The 1% to 98% claim, serious bunk. Can you imagine how much biomass would be necessary to cover 98% of the sea floor? See the following for details.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-dead-creatures-cover-98-of-the-ocean-floor-up-from-1-before-fukushima.2872/

"...you cannot depend upon people...to provide you the truth on this matter, You have to seek it out for yourself."
Your sources apply here too.
Nobody said that the ocean floor was covered with 40 pound yellows. Do you know how many millions of tons of plankton are in the sea, stretching from the ocean floor to the surface? It is absolutely believable that as different levels in the water column are exposed, that the plankton dies and falls to the bottom below, and covers the sea floor from end to end with death.

Dec 1, 2011
PL
Name
Mike
Boat
Website is f'd meant to write BS without picks. Here's some greenfin tuna my brother uncle and I have not found a tumor in yet
Take it as you wish. Like I said, who knows if the tumors were related. My freezer is full of vacuum packed steaks as well and I have been eating the **** out of it as well.

iclypso

Sep 6, 2006
Milpitas
Name
Dan
Boat
23' Blackman Billfisher, Bimini Twist
I had one friend go into a market the other day with a geiger counter, and the meat section was so bad, the store manager immediately came to him and told him to either put the geiger counter away or get out of the store. Hmmm.. big surprise there.
IBAFT, your friend, who is qualified to use the instrument, took a geiger counter to the meat section of a market, and was asked to leave? What was "so bad"? Please, tell us more. Was there beef from Asia? Locally caught fish? Chickens from Uranus?

Radiation is a serious thing, yes. That area, and the areas around it, will be affected for years to come. Animals that migrate through the irradiated zone could also be affected. To say that 98% of the ocean floor is covered with dead animals is a bit much though. Water is a terrific insulator. Most migratory fish live short lives and those who can't keep up quickly fall by the wayside. I think it's unlikely that fish here will be greatly affected by the disaster. Probably more a chance of livestock being exposed to atmospheric radiation than from Fukushima.

Last edited:

Lake

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
Sorry but I've been hearing The Twilight Zone music since I first started reading your post.
THERE HAS BEEN NO INCREASE IN INFANT MORTALITY RATE since the disaster. I am actually somewhat involved in this field so I would expect to know even the slightest change. There has been no change except for a minimal, statistically insignificant, downward trend. Any increase would not be a small issue or development. It would be earth shattering. I did research it. By the way, if we did happen to have an increase related to Japan's disaster wouldn't you expect them to also see an increase in infant mortality? Didn't happen. They also have had a continuous, very slight downward trend, and their infant mortality is less than half of ours in the US.
Nobody has responded to your assertion about the disappearance of the starfish because none of us has any info one way or the other. Same as the sailors on the USS Ronald Reagan. As I mentioned earlier, however, we were discussing the down cycle of the sardine before Fukushima.

b-reel

Nov 20, 2011
Downey
Name
HP
Boat
none yet
Any scientist here that would like to donate some time and do some research and come to a BD concensus on the issue?

IBAFT

Oct 6, 2008
Long Beach
Name
Albert
Boat
Currently Without Vessel
So Tired:

There are multiple discrepancies in this video, some of the comments being outright bs.
Well, I've been eating down a freezer full of bluefin and
yellowfin tuna from an epic season, and so far I'm
not glowing...except for Friday nights and Tuesday afternoons !
LMAO LMAO
News at 11...
Excellent response! Of course, it takes a few years for the cancer to develop, but why bother with those little annoying things like the facts. Even those sailors on the USS Ronald Reagan had to wait 2.5 years before their cancers started showing up. Of course, your brilliant comments about not immediately glowing after eating YFT are indicative of your thorough understanding of radiation and cancer. I bow to your infinite intellect, oh wise one.

Latest posts