Anyone been fishing yellows on the SD this year?

jig77

Almost A Member
Jun 18, 2012
huntington beach
Name
michael
Boat
Mako 20'
Looking forward to my trip on the San Diego next week. Has anyone been out fishing with them this year? I’m just looking for some tips or reports of what’s going on down there. Any specific yo yo jigs working better than others? Any tips on fishing spring time yellows at the Coronado’s would be appreciated.

Reactions: kayakbeast33
Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
The fish aren't like humans... They eat shit that mimics their diet PERIOD!

Reactions: Leoncio

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 28, 2007
OC
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
Yo yo jigs 40-50 lb test line leave the bass gear at home they look like 15 lb fish the San Diego got them today

Reactions: jig77

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Looking forward to my trip on the San Diego next week. Has anyone been out fishing with them this year? I’m just looking for some tips or reports of what’s going on down there. Any specific yo yo jigs working better than others? Any tips on fishing spring time yellows at the Coronado’s would be appreciated.
Salas 6X, blue and white ,
Scrambled egg,
And the tady red crab 4/0 .

Jul 17, 2017
Tuna Grounds
Name
Gouryella
Boat
Lil Yachty
I want to go on a Yellow tail trip with just yoyo and surface iron setups.

Reactions: fcsd_christian

TOTW

Time On The Water
Dec 23, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris L
Boat
Leo's
Seems like it’s been pretty good. Someone did so well that they left a couple nice YT in a pile of ice on Morena Blvd today! I was driving too fast for a pic.

• Haha
Reactions: dctalk523

kayakbeast33

Haven't posted enough yet
  • Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    I was on the SD Thursday... we had a hard time locating them. We spent a few hours searching in the am and stopped looking and started bottom fishing and did well. 2 nice stray yellows were caught on strip squid while bottom fishing after a about an hour of filling our sacks we went back to looking for the yellows. Nothing until we anchored up right off the island (100 yards off the north island) for some white fish until right before we had to leave a school swam under us and about 3 or 4 where lucky to be in the zone at the right time. One on a sardine at the bottom 1 on a spj and the other one or 2 on the yo-yo I didn't see the colors used. Dorado and red were popular colors though. I will say that there where 3 or 4 folks fishing a spj and did very well and looked like they had a blast, I will definitely be adding 1 to my arsenal. Good luck and right line.

Reactions: jig77