Anyone actaully ever have to use their mex insurance

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
Dec 5, 2004
Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
Did a search but nothing specific to this question.

I always use that place right by the border to cover days I'm down there. Just the truck.

But I have heard stories that Mex insurance ain't much help when it comes time to actually use it.

Any experiences in actually using your mex insurance

tecateando

Jan 11, 2009
Ensenada, BC, MX
Name
Forrest
Boat
Parker 1801 CC, "La Mañanera"
my agent brought me around the back of his car and offerred to cover the accident if i paid him 500 bucks.

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
Oscar Padilla Mexican Insurance rents a space in my office building. I've seen it pay out several times. My wife also used to work for them handling claims. plenty of stories of the people she has helped after an accident down there.

aguachico

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
I've used it. It works. Adjusters are dispatched to the scene. Be patient.

DO NOT LET THE COPS WRITE THE ACCIDENT REPORT UNTIL YOUR ADJUSTER IS ON THE SCENE.

I carry yearly insurance for $300 for the truck and trailer. Soon to be adding some liability for the Grady while on the water, yes - have you seen me park a boat? It's pathetic.

First Quality Insurance
Irma Noriega
619-476-9300
[email protected]

Used her for while.

captaindorado

Sep 10, 2006
Newport/Punta Chivato/Spanish Wells
Name
Hey You
Boat
A Few
I have Lewis & Lewis to. Like to here people chime in on this thread. Had a friend years ago who had his truck stolen and had to jump though allot of hoops to get payed off.

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
Dec 5, 2004
Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
Mostly concerned with liability. I been going down for 30 years and luckly no problems other then paying $100 for a dead dog someone threw in front of the truck and then shook me down saying I hit it. Or $50 under the licence here and there to take care of my fine road side. Then there was the kid who's mom sewed him a uniform that looked like a Federaly holloween costume. Set up cones on the highway near Guerro Negro and wanted his $1 toll. I gave him $10 for his inginuity.

I'll keep buying it and hope if I have a bad situation someone shows up to keep me outta jail, etc. And have the credit card / ATM handy as backup.

Thanks guys.

scoop

100 Ton Captain
May 24, 2006
San Diego
Name
Copper
Boat
Mako 184cc
I had full coverage from Padilla on a boat that was stolen down there. They paid...after I took them to small claims!!! It was a hassle providing all the paperwork that they needed!! And they still didn't want to pay. You need a police report and you definitely want to get that when your adjuster is present or the cops will get in on the action!!! I suggest that you find another provider...definitely NOT Padilla!!!

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
insurance in this country isn'tmuch better.I had someone with noinsurance hit me and totala car only to find out that my"uninsurred motorist protection" only paid out 3500 on a 10k vehicule.
check your policy it aint worth the money you pay for it.sorry sherm
like they say...when was the last time an insurance company went broke?

just to clarify I'm not talking about sherms agency....and not mexican insurance either

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
Mar 7, 2003
Bahia Asucion BCS
www.momentoffame.com
Name
Stan
Boat
Mx Panga, MOJAC
Do yourself a favor and call Sherm... but ask for his hot wife! I've used it twice... they paid claims minus the deductable with no headache. Follow the instructions on your policy... and it's a no brainer.

Now as for the headaches i've had in the states...:finger:

Tues

Not my job...
Mar 17, 2008
Saluki
Name
Penis
.....I've seen it pay out several times.
Sounds like a fucking slot machine...Just depends on your luck, but the odds are on the house. (nothing wrong with it, just say'n it sounds funny)

MateoFeo

Mucho Take it Easy
Aug 22, 2007
San Diego
Name
Matt
Boat
19' CC
I use AAA for a yearly policy, good deal too. I have heard good reviews. They insure me with Grupo Nacional which is one of the largest insurance companies in Mexico. Haven't had to use them YET, but i know people who have been paid out. Gotta read the fine print though, most places don't cover on dirt roads and other weird shit.

bajabum

Pedo Viejo
Apr 14, 2003
Vista/La Bocana BCS
Name
Dave
Boat
23 striper WAC 24 skipjack open 15 fisher 19 proline
Was with a friend that flipped a van and trailer. His ins. paid him what he had paid for the trailer, it was about 1 year old. Also paid to have his Van fixed by a dealership here in SD. Also let him keep the trailer. He fixed it himself and sold it for $5,000. Art, I've seen you park a boat and you're not THAT bad....

deep color

deep color
Jun 2, 2006
SD
Name
Rob
Boat
Sea Chaser
About 15 years ago my brother and I rolled his 4runner about an hour past Guerrero Negro. Truck was totaled with 2 tires blown off the rims. Luckily nobody was hurt and two of my brothers buddies in our caravan were TJ residents. They dealt with the Federales and everything went smoothly. I don't remember the insurance co we used, but it was right off the 805 in CV. We got a check for the Blue Book value within 2 weeks and never saw the truck again. Worked for us.

tecateando

Jan 11, 2009
Ensenada, BC, MX
Name
Forrest
Boat
Parker 1801 CC, "La Mañanera"
ask a good body shop which insurance company pays them out the most regularly.

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
insurance in this country isn'tmuch better.I had someone with noinsurance hit me and totala car only to find out that my"uninsurred motorist protection" only paid out 3500 on a 10k vehicule.
check your policy it aint worth the money you pay for it.sorry sherm
like they say...when was the last time an insurance company went broke?

just to clarify I'm not talking about sherms agency....and not mexican insurance either
It really depends on the company offering the policy bro. It's my experience that there are two types of companies out there. Companies that look for ways not to pay and companies that look for ways to pay. I know of a couple that have great premiums and big names that try every way imaginable not to pay a claim. Then I know others that have found ways to pay their policy holders when I was looking at an exclusion that says not covered.

Oh yeah............I know a bunch of insurance companies that have gone broke. A bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can get a list if you would like :D

The best thing is to ask questions of your agent. Don't just go on-line and settle for the lowest priced policy you could find. many times you get what you pay for.

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
A little different but I rent most the time now because I fly...my Platinium American express covers all insurance for rental...the only thing you need to provide is the printed statement from American Express...another great coverage is with a platinum American Express card they will medavac you out of any country back to the US for no charge.....

AW1GEORGE

Apr 11, 2007
ontario , ca
Name
george cardenas
Boat
19 ft boston whaler center console
We had a serious accident in January where we totaled a brand new Dodge Pickup in a single car rollover , luckly no one was hurt . Thought we were end for a nightmare , luckliy someone went to the next town and notified the local policeman who then came and helped us by going back to town where there was Phone reception and called Insurance adjuster who traveled from Ensenada to help us and he also called the federal police ( anything on highway Federals are called ) . After making the report the federal officer drove us in his patrol car all the way back to Ensenada .
Now getting back to the insurance , truck was paid off . First thing that happened they wanted to fix it but were only willing to pay 5k . We knew truck was totaled , then no call would call us back went on for a week . Then they came back and said the would pay 15k and wanted us to sign paperwork releasing liability again we knew they were wrong . Took another two weeks till we said we were going down to pick up truck and have another bodyshop evaluate . Finally they broke down and paid 30k for truck .
Moral of story cops are not that bad and really came thru when we needed them . No we were not shoke down but we did give the federal officer a C-note for the ride . Second hopefully you have trime on your side because it take a while and you will have to fight to get what you think car is worth . On a side note the munciple police officer came back in civilian clothes and van while we waited for adjusters and took two of our guys back with our gear to Ensenada that cost $50.00 but was worth it . Overall a bad expereince that was not that bad . Hey guys if you ever get in a jam in Ensenada a good guy to know is Louie Prieto he owns Tequilas Sportsbar downtown and also is a bloodecker known as "its4reels" .

seriola_killer

Dalurker's #1 Fan
Mar 24, 2008
Hurst, Tx
Name
Jerry
Boat
The Moose Knuckle
Do yourself a favor and call Sherm... but ask for his hot wife! I've used it twice... they paid claims minus the deductable with no headache. Follow the instructions on your policy... and it's a no brainer.

Now as for the headaches i've had in the states...:finger:

^^^^^ This