Anybody running the Cummins QSC 8.3, 550 hp diesel or know anyone who is?

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
I didnt think bilgeliner ever did anything worthy of copying. o_O

Actually most of Bayliners hull designs were copied from other builders and some of the hull forms were decent. It was the layup and the execution of the build that was lacking in most cases. Of course this has been done over and over I the boat industry. For instance, If you ever look at a older fishing syle Beachcraft hull and wonder why it looks familiar. It is because the Wright brothers splashed and widened it to become the hull we now know as Seasport.

Upvote 0

blackelk

Wishing I was Tuna fishing
Sep 11, 2010
Montesano, Wa
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Osprey and 16' hewscraft jet sled
Actually most of Bayliners hull designs were copied from other builders and some of the hull forms were decent. It was the layup and the execution of the build that was lacking in most cases. Of course this has been done over and over I the boat industry. For instance, If you ever look at a older fishing syle Beachcraft hull and wonder why it looks familiar. It is because the Wright brothers splashed and widened it to become the hull we now know as Seasport.

Beachcraft 24' sport fisher mold was originally the Tolly boat Royal

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
I had never considered that but I think you are probably correct as the lines and the width of the Tolly Royal match the Beachcraft.

image.gif

Upvote 0

Dshore

Almost A Member
Feb 2, 2005
Portland,OR
Name
Dylan
Boat
18' North River Scout
Think about a east coast lobster style boat.. 40/15 with a single 1k Cat..20-25kt cruise and will punch through 10' seas like its no big deal!

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Think about a east coast lobster style boat.. 40/15 with a single 1k Cat..20-25kt cruise and will punch through 10' seas like its no big deal!
A single inboard downeaster... Your cruise will probably be lower than that considering they are displacement hulls.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

TunaHore

World Champion Boat Ho
Jun 5, 2012
Island
Name
Tuck
Boat
Carolina Dory
Naw, you guys are all wrong. After all I have read, I be Mark is going Xtaero
bieber:idiot:

Upvote 0

South Sounder

Skipper
Jun 12, 2011
South Sound/ WA/ USA
Name
Chris
Boat
South Sounder
Cant you take the two pieces of a BAMF and stick them together to get more length? I heard they come in two pieces already so that should cut down building costs and labor.

Upvote 0

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
255 BW Conquest “Double Header”
just keep working at it boys and help me find my next boat! need a 25- 30 kt cruise loaded...

You already have a boat that will do that 25-30kt cruise loaded for 6 pack tuna right? So what else does the boat need to do that your current boat doesn't? I think that would help us dreamers look for you.

Reactions: TunaHore
Upvote 0

TunaHore

World Champion Boat Ho
Jun 5, 2012
Island
Name
Tuck
Boat
Carolina Dory
Damn guys you are like a bunch of "school girls" ...if you must know its actually an old Bayliner mold that has been modified by a boat builder north of Mt Vernon to make a bad ass offshore 6 pack tuna killing machine for me.... it is supposed to be a 30 kt cruise boat at 2.5 mpg with top speed of 45 kts, steep entry and wide beam will allow for running 30 kts in almost any kind of 10 ft combined seas with a southerly wind and carrying a payload of 8 persons in air ride seats each equipped with a 10 " lcd tv and personal 6 pack cooler..while carrying 125 tuna in a refer system and a 250 gallon bait tank...plus living quarters for the chef.

You already have a boat that will do that 25-30kt cruise loaded for 6 pack tuna right? So what else does the boat need to do that your current boat doesn't? I think that would help us dreamers look for you.

Just see the above post. Mark, I'd like to apply for the chef position.

Upvote 0

Tower Todd

Number #2
May 2, 2006
Touring the Pacific Ocean at 12 knots
Name
Todd S.
Boat
274' Long Range
A single inboard downeaster... Your cruise will probably be lower than that considering they are displacement hulls.

I think you should check your knowledge of single engine downeasters being displacement hulls. Here is a 44' Calvin Beal getting it on:

TT

Upvote 0

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF

And a couple of 31 Duffy's with 6CTA 430/440 Cummins..... Not very Nordic Tug-like.

Upvote 0

Spokaloo

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 30, 2008
Spokane, Wa
www.stagboatworks.com
Name
Eric
Boat
I build my own
Not many boats in the world that can destroy a 6' wind wave like a true Downeast workboat hull.

However, you wanna talk about something that bow steers running off the wind in a steep swell...

E

Upvote 0

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
I think you should check your knowledge of single engine downeasters being displacement hulls. Here is a 44' Calvin Beal getting it on:

TT

I don't know TT... Looks to me like she has some serious displacement.

Upvote 0

TunaHore

World Champion Boat Ho
Jun 5, 2012
Island
Name
Tuck
Boat
Carolina Dory
Not many boats in the world that can destroy a 6' wind wave like a true Downeast workboat hull.

However, you wanna talk about something that bow steers running off the wind in a steep swell...

E

What would you recommend to meet Mark's requirements?

Upvote 0

blackelk

Wishing I was Tuna fishing
Sep 11, 2010
Montesano, Wa
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Osprey and 16' hewscraft jet sled
Pretty sure nothing can compare to one of these in 10'+ sea's. Not sure on the price or if you can find a surplus boat but this would be pretty damn cool to own. Lots of open space, nice walk around and plenty of room for a big bait tank.

47MLB.jpg

Upvote 0