Anybody out there fishing a 196-8' or a BR80 or a lami 228?

fishboy93

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 25, 2012
West Coast
Name
Ryan
Boat
It floats
Yes that hunter glass is great stuff but that particular one of mine is the thinner lighter one. My blonde BR80 is we're it's at! But really you push it to 25lb NICE. And with 60-80lb BF to show! is hesitate to even bring that rod out targeting tuna that size! Talk about a battle!.. Not to many people like that dark hunter glass. Well nobody on here anyways been trying to sell one for ALONG TIME.
The blonde rods look great but tend to be more brittle in my experience. I have a BR100 BR90 and BR80 in the darker glass and love them. They don’t have any stress cracks in the handle though the 100 has the aluminum sleeve but they fish great and have proven their worth over the years I’ve had them. Message me what you have for sale I’m always looking for more vintage rods to have fun with

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Here you go! Has a sweet little trigger grip for chucking little irons!
IMG_6237.JPG

IMG_6242.JPG

IMG_6244.JPG

Reactions: spize909 and geebee
Upvote 0

Man Overboard

Feb 12, 2009
Ventura,Ca
Name
Daniel
Boat
N/A
Ill fish a chocolate Sabre 220 and Newell 220 and green glass LM 8 for bass from time to time. Last year, hooked a 25 lb yellow on 15 lb on the LM 8 and Newell was it fun….! Chocolate Sabre 196-8 is on the radar to add to my collection but can’t seem to find the right one

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Ill fish a chocolate Sabre 220 and Newell 220 and green glass LM 8 for bass from time to time. Last year, hooked a 25 lb yellow on 15 lb on the LM 8 and Newell was it fun….! Chocolate Sabre 196-8 is on the radar to add to my collection but can’t seem to find the right one
NICE! A 25lb YT on a 220 is probably the best size battle to endure. That just sounds fun! Some day I'll achieve that! Hoping for a Cedros trip soon!

*DAMMMM A GREEN LM8😵
I'm been looking for the green trulines for what seems like ever! I'd love a green LM set. I treasure my green LM6.. and fish it hard 25/30lb mono (50braid/60floro panga style yoyoing)

I to am looking for the same thing as well. Any full length all glass cholocate 8' anything and everything! I'm also on the HARD HUNT for a 8' chocolate 670🤦‍♂️ I know they exist.

Same with the cinnamon sabres, but I've had to put my cinnamon sabre hunt in pause since it seems like nobody owns or have any cinnamon sabres for that mattter in general especially 8'

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
The blonde rods look great but tend to be more brittle in my experience. I have a BR100 BR90 and BR80 in the darker glass and love them. They don’t have any stress cracks in the handle though the 100 has the aluminum sleeve but they fish great and have proven their worth over the years I’ve had them. Message me what you have for sale I’m always looking for more vintage rods to have fun with
Umm send you a PM! I've got some dark hunter glass goodies!

Reactions: mike mitchell
Upvote 0

Noms

Dirty taco maker
  • Aug 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Angel
    Boat
    15 foot tin can
    My Seeker black steel 196-8ft with a avet sxj sees actions on the halfday boats. Super fun with the bonito and calicos.

Reactions: SMYLEE
    Upvote 0

DannyNoonan

Smarter than I look...
    Apr 17, 2007
    3rd dumpster on the right
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Lund LX200 LFC
    Just had a T220 wrapped for a Torque 12 with 20# mono over 40# ProSpec - fished it for the first time earlier in the week for bluefin on my 4 day. Broke a couple larger models off but managed a 55# that was terrific fun. I really enjoy light line 'finesse' bait fishing, when I'm not so concerned about filling the cooler (or holding up the boat!). And, I've done it enough that I can generally avoid tangling with others...

Upvote 0

Man Overboard

Feb 12, 2009
    Ventura,Ca
    Name
    Daniel
    Boat
    N/A
    NICE! A 25lb YT on a 220 is probably the best size battle to endure. That just sounds fun! Some day I'll achieve that! Hoping for a Cedros trip soon!

*DAMMMM A GREEN LM8😵
    I'm been looking for the green trulines for what seems like ever! I'd love a green LM set. I treasure my green LM6.. and fish it hard 25/30lb mono (50braid/60floro panga style yoyoing)

I to am looking for the same thing as well. Any full length all glass cholocate 8' anything and everything! I'm also on the HARD HUNT for a 8' chocolate 670🤦‍♂️ I know they exist.

Same with the cinnamon sabres, but I've had to put my cinnamon sabre hunt in pause since it seems like nobody owns or have any cinnamon sabres for that mattter in general especially 8'
    Yah I have a nice set of Chocolate Sabres
    220 -8
    670-8
    540-10
    700 factory
    Need that 196-8 to finish it off

Upvote 0

Man Overboard

Feb 12, 2009
    Ventura,Ca
    Name
    Daniel
    Boat
    N/A
    I went to meet up with a buddy I was getting a rod from and his buddy pulled it out. And offered it up for sale. I jumped on it know how rarely they show up. Especially full length and that good condition. It was wrapped funky for my taste so I took it to my local tackle shop who has wrapped all my rods for 15 yrs. he re wrapped it and had that OG Sabre sticker and slapped it on. He has had it for a long time and said well I saved it for the right rod and this is it…! He didn’t tell me till I picked it up.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

CI_SeaWolf

Almost A Member
  • Feb 13, 2006
    Camarillo, CA
    Name
    Tom Farrell
    Boat
    Wellcraft 22' W/A
    Still have my 220 graphast for chovies. I will be bringing my 8’ Shikari out next month on a 2 day…. More of a 25 lb stick, got a 37# bluefin on it a few years back

Upvote 0