Dec 27, 2010
    pismo beach, ca. U.S.A.
    Name
    Joe P.
    Boat
    The Pacific Mistress

2 dead, 23 transported to hospitals after boat capsizes off Point Loma.​

2 dead, 23 transported to hospitals after boat capsizes off Point Loma.​

Just caught this. What happened? Was it a sport boat? 🙏Sorry to hear about the loss of life.

Upvote 0

swavings

• May 30, 2012
    Newbury Park, CA
    Name
    Scott Swaving
    Boat
    Cobia
    Upvote 0

socal53

Aug 27, 2013
    Lakewood Ca
    Name
    Chano J
    Boat
    The one available on my off day!
    According to the Los Angeles times..."A suspected smuggling boat capsized and apparently broke apart off Point Loma on Sunday morning, leaving at least two people dead and nearly two dozen hospitalized, a San Diego fire official said."

Reactions: Capt Devo
    Upvote 0

Corvus

Apr 20, 2021
    San Diego, CA
    Name
    Marc
    Boat
    None
    I was scared for a moment that this was a fishing boat. Thanks for the update. The other news sites didn’t say anything about what kind of boat it was.

Upvote 0

Caseydmaze

Aug 7, 2012
    Temecula
    Name
    Mackerel Marauder
    Boat
    18' Stringari Skiff
    Pretty sweet how the writer tried to make a political statement by saying “Trumps Border Policy has created an increase in oceanic illegal crossings.” That stuffs been going in for years. Blame the scumbags for breaking the law, littering all the coves and beaches with trash, debris and gasoline and dragging 93 rescue personnel away from the tax payers who pay their salaries so they can go rescue illegals. Not to mention the hospital staff and all the medical equipment used to care for them that will only be re-imbursed next October during “Open Enrollment” when OUR health insurance premiums go up.

Ya.....its Trump’s fault. Cheap Shot reporter.

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    I was scared for a moment that this was a fishing boat. Thanks for the update. The other news sites didn’t say anything about what kind of boat it was.
    Of course they didn’t.

very sad on all accounts. RIP to those who didn’t make it

Upvote 0

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
  • Jan 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan-O
    Boat
    1997 Trophy 2352
    Pretty sweet how the writer tried to make a political statement by saying “Trumps Border Policy has created an increase in oceanic illegal crossings.” That stuffs been going in for years. Blame the scumbags for breaking the law, littering all the coves and beaches with trash, debris and gasoline and dragging 93 rescue personnel away from the tax payers who pay their salaries so they can go rescue illegals. Not to mention the hospital staff and all the medical equipment used to care for them that will only be re-imbursed next October during “Open Enrollment” when OUR health insurance premiums go up.

Ya.....its Trump’s fault. Cheap Shot reporter.
    well to be fair...the entire quote

"Human and drug smugglers increasingly turned to the Pacific Ocean as the Trump administration tightened border infrastructure on land in recent years."

Reactions: Caseydmaze
    Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
    Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    This situation shows the lengths people will go to try to make a better life for their families and themselves.
    I don't blame the people in the boat. It's just sad people feel like they have to endanger their lives to make a better life for themselves.

Reactions: shinbob

PacificBlue

Nov 25, 2011
    USA
    Name
    JM
    Boat
    Still Looking
    The previous administration before President Trump record keeping of immigration by seas is suspect at best. Know workers in that field that were basically told to look the other way and stare at their computers for 8 years.

This current administration is blocking press access to immigration sites at unprecedented levels until they can get their spin story right.

Upvote 0

Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 7, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Kurt
    Boat
    Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
    Another boatload of people coming to the land of free stuff.

Reactions: kevina
    Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    This situation shows the lengths people will go to try to make a better life for their families and themselves.
    I don't blame the people in the boat. It's just sad people feel like they have to endanger their lives to make a better life for themselves.
    You do the crime, You do the time or take the consequences!!!!!

Upvote 0