Anybody know if anybody who's gone on a LR trip got infected by Covid while on a trip?

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Reactions: jer dog

AKSalmon

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
There has been at least one report of Covid on a long range boat, but it has not been verified.

matrixx611

Is it Friday yet??
Feb 7, 2007
Inland Empire, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
none
There has been at least one report of Covid on a long range boat, but it has not been verified.
I was on Facebook and someone said a trip from of 18 ppl, 14 got them. No other details. Hmmmm curious of how come this hasnt come out as news

Last edited:

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I was on Facebook and someone said a trip from RP of 18 ppl, 14 got them. No other details. Hmmmm curious of how come this hasnt come out as news
Maybe because it's Facebook ? You should call the landing and ask them.

Reactions: Juanba

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Norwalk
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
I would caution against any unverified info.
This same rumor was posted about a week ago without validation, and the post was removed.

The RP has report up to today.

I doubt highly the covid police would not have quarantined them, had they had a 80% infection on a single trip.

Reactions: norcaltunaclub

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
I really wish the RP would issue a statement to put an end to these rumors!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil mckracken

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
I really with the RP would issue a statement to put an end to these rumors!
Royal Polaris office can not win in any discussion yes or no. Gov. Newsom would jump on that news or any TV news would too... After the trip and the passengers embark who knows but no quarantine yet.

Last edited:

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boat hoe
How would you be able to pinpoint the exact moment since such a large amount of people are asymptomatic. You could have had it before ever hopping on a boat and just didn't show symptoms til after.

Reactions: fishstomp and plj46

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Just curious if anybody went a trip and got infected after.
Do you really want to start another thread on this ?

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
I was on Facebook and someone said a trip from RP of 18 ppl, 14 got them. No other details. Hmmmm curious of how come this hasnt come out as news
Probably because it's bullshit and even the liberal media has its limits. I can't understand why people want to stir shit up and mess with people's livelihoods

Fucking ingnorant

screamingreel

Long Range Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
Hayward CA
longrangesportfishingsandiego.com
Name
Jeff Burroughs
Boat
Long Range and Private
Just curious if anybody went a trip and got infected after.
No and no evidence of anyone else either. However, I did notice Mr matrixx611, you made 3 posts since 2014 and then this shite rumor? Nothing personal, but this is not helping at all. If you want to go long range fishing, go. It is perfectly safe as it has ever been. If you have health concerns, then do not. It is a very easy decision.

- Jeff Burroughs

Last edited:

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Theres a million things that can kill you and a million ways to die,you have more chance of dying driving your car to the supermarket than you do by going fishing on a sportboat.

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
Unless you are over 60, or overweight, or diabetic, or have high blood pressure, cancer survivor, to many medical issues to list.
Scratch the cancer survivor and over 60 thing! I'm both and can bench press a small Cadillac now after batteling stage 4 colon cancer for 5 years, plus still working in a coal mine in Colorado! I ain't afraid of covid! Covid is afraid of me!!!!!!!

mmayo

Barking Spider
Jul 18, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
www.landofmayo.com
Name
Mark
Boat
Vagabond & Royal Star
I went on a recent 8 day on the Star, we were fine before, during and after the trip. If someone got sick, I’d know - they DID NOT.

Be careful, don’t go if you even think you’ve be exposed, use your brain while on the trip, relax and catch fish.

matrixx611

Is it Friday yet??
Feb 7, 2007
Inland Empire, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
none
No and no evidence of anyone else either. However, I did notice Mr matrixx611, you made 3 posts since 2014 and then this shite rumor? Nothing personal, but this is not helping at all. If you want to go long range fishing, go. It is perfectly safe as it has ever been. If you have health concerns, then do not. It is a very easy decision.

- Jeff Burroughs
I think this question was needed to be asked, that's all. As far as me posting, I normally just read posts. Why does it matter how many post a person does???

Reactions: rexor_rn