Anybody know how to hack a navionics chip to copy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
May 12, 2009
kitsap county
Name
Josh
Boat
25' starcraft expedition
probably not the best idea to ask on a public forum. hope you get some pm's though

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Anyone know how to HACK a navionics Chip to copy it........?????

I have an older one on SD but one of my new units only takes micro sd and I ain't buying another one.

HaHa... that's first class......" I ani't buying another one " :rofl:

newer units newer technology... even if you could it most likely wouldn't work...

You should ask the guy on the Navionics forum here... he should have the info for you........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:....

So I guess if you can't hack one.... and You ANI"T buying one.... are gonna Borrow one ? Now all your buddies will be checking to see if the cards are Gone......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And Now everyone on BD and the internet knows your Mentality.....:hali_olutta:

Just gotta love BD and the people it attracts.............:hali_olutta:

Made my Day.................................:hali_olutta:

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I read this late last night and wondered how long it would take before the comments started.Probably not a good idea to ask for hacking advice on the internet.Just go buy what you need.

wood2turn

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 17, 2009
Oak Harbor, WA
Name
Terry
Boat
14’ Sterling Sea Skiff - Gypsy Queen
Larry...just do a search in ALL of CL. They are for sale in other parts of the country fairly cheap all the time.

Now...If you had elected to spend the extra $50 for the Elite-7 GOLD you wouldn't be asking because it came with the card and $50 is WAAAY less than you're gonna have to spend now.

Sorry dude but I really don't think anyone on here is going to be able to help ya.
Terry

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
If he already owns it and paid for the right to use the Navonics, he should have the right to use it on another machine. Navionics should exchange his SD for a Micro SD for a small fee. That would be the right thing for Navionics to do. I am sure if the OP were successful in transferring the chart to a MicroSD that he would destroy the original SD :D.

From past experience, I am sure if Tex called Navionics, it would be less productive than talking to a brick wall. That said, they do have a good and necessary product, good luck in your quest.

silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
May 12, 2009
kitsap county
Name
Josh
Boat
25' starcraft expedition
wow you cali guys bite easy no wonder there is no fish left down there.

tex just do it like the granny in the big O commercial. throw that bitch through their window.

oldschool 1

Night Watchman .
Jun 13, 2011
Aberdeen wa
Name
Andy
Boat
Oldschool 2
Dem Cali boys aint got no imagination. Guess your stuck with us brotha.:cheers:

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
wow you cali guys bite easy no wonder there is no fish left down there.

tex just do it like the granny in the big O commercial. throw that bitch through their window.
What ? you were the first one to bite :rofl:

WEDOCQ

Feb 22, 2009
Puyallup, WA
Name
Shawn
Boat
21' Arima Sea Ranger HT "Nauti Tauni"
Cali guys have got nothing better to do than jump your shit today huh? I wouldn't call it hacking. If you rip a CD you just bought to itunes, so you can use it on your ipod instead of your cd player, is that hacking?

Tex, the way it was described to me, is each SD card has a unique signature that links it to the Navionics software on that card. So even if the card was successfully copied to another SD card, it would not work in the your unit because signatures wouldn't match.
-Shawn

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
Cali guys have got nothing better to do than jump your shit today huh? I wouldn't call it hacking. If you rip a CD you just bought to itunes, so you can use it on your ipod instead of your cd player, is that hacking?

Tex, the way it was described to me, is each SD card has a unique signature that links it to the Navionics software on that card. So even if the card was successfully copied to another SD card, it would not work in the your unit because signatures wouldn't match.
-Shawn

Damn you guys up north still have CD players?......:rofl:

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
You guys up north are the best, some of us kali guys have our home pages set to the Washington forum don't you know...

WEDOCQ, you are 100% correct, it should be the same as copying a CD to itunes. Once you legally purchase, you should be able to use it wherever the hell you want. From Tex's original post, his intent was clear (subject line was slightly trolling though :rofl:).

Good luck in your quest Tex. You may end up having to sell your old SD. They do have some value. I still have my old 912P+, which is good from baja all the way up your coast and Hawaii. No way I am getting rid of it while I still have a machine that likes it, even when I get a new one later this year.

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
No hacking--but transfer to a micro---Maybe.

TexMojoII

Well, Shit!
Jul 18, 2010
Lacey, Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
Parker 2820
LOL, well I was bored and was playing with my fishfinders and I found one of my navionics sd cards, so I figured I could post this question up and see what kind of flack I get from the uptight Kali fucks. Which they came thru for sure, unlike the PNW guys who actually contributed to the question. You guys need to take some sedatives down there and release your sphinctor every once in awhile. LOL

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
LOL, well I was bored and was playing with my fishfinders and I found one of my navionics sd cards, so I figured I could post this question up and see what kind of flack I get from the uptight Kali fucks. Which they came thru for sure, unlike the PNW guys who actually contributed to the question. You guys need to take some sedatives down there and release your sphinctor every once in awhile. LOL
"Take some sedatives"?? Good Lord I thought the whole state down there was on sedatives or at least Kool Aid. Pelosi...have to be on sedatives to vote for that.

elim

Nov 22, 2007
Tacoma
Name
Eli McBee
Boat
the yellow boat 23' ACB
I think the problem down south is they are using way to much sedatives and their sphinctor's is getting well used:gaygroup::rofl:

skippy2235

Still learning the ways
Sep 22, 2010
Marysville
Name
David
Boat
Nemo
Here a something that may help copy / paste

How can I download or read a Navionics chart on my computer?

Navionics charts are nautical navigation charts. They appear in several forms such as SD or CF memory card (for plugging into a boat's chart plotter), download apps with charts inside, licensed downloads from X-Traverse.com, perhaps other ways.

If you have Navionics MMC, SD, microSD, or CF cards like Navionics Gold, Platinum+, Fish 'N' Chip, and other brands, they can be read into a computer in a few ways.

A straight-forward viewer in a web browser (requires internet connection) is on Navionics web site.

If you want a more permanent way to view the charts without any connection, then you need software like Fugawi Marine ENC 4.5 (see: http://www.fugawi.com/web/products/fugawi_marine_enc-ca.htm ) which uses a USB card reader to load in the Navonics chart for viewing and full GPS navigational usage. Newer Navionics cards can be read in by Fugawi Marine ENC using any typical USB card reader. Older (before April 2010 cards) require a Navionics branded card reader that is no longer manufactured.

A bit more... if you want pure download (i.e. no physical card or disc) then you go to www.x-traverse.com/our-pricing and look up the various Navionics downloads available for
Windows, Mac OS X, iPhone and iPad -- all of which have their own software that can use the charts. Prices, license terms, and geographic regions vary, but typically you can download Navionics charts to 2 target devices of the same type and the charts continue to be used without needing any additional internet connection for the life of the target device + software.
Source(s):
www.fugawi.com, www.x-traverse.com, www.navionics.com

Status
Not open for further replies.