Anybody killed a Red Diamondback lately?

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
Carl.

As of this year there is a "no take" regulation in plc for the red western diamondback.

But I hear they have been showing in numbers. Surprising really, considering they have a very limited range of habitat.

I highly recommend if you live in an area with red western diamondback snakes and have pets or children that you talk to this guy I know.

He is usually very busy working as an expert building contractor on one of his many homes in Big Bear, but I'm telling ya this guy is an expert at ALL things! Don't worry, he will jump at the chance to educate you on exactly what to do if you see a red...

Reactions: @-EZ and Gil Marlin
Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Damn you guys are going to get the NFG and that other dic going again

Upvote 0

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
My friend wants to know what kind of snake this is..it's been trying to get to a nest with baby birds in it...she's been chasing it off for a few days.

Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 7.47.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 7.47.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 7.47.15 PM.png

Upvote 0

TwoTapPat

Crank the handle Randle
  • May 22, 2013
    some where on the water
    Name
    Pat
    Boat
    High on the Goat
    I ran over a least a dozen snakes when I was pasture clipping yesterday. The only good snake in my book is a dead one. Death to all snakes. :starwarskid5:

Upvote 0

crabdancer

Kook
    Apr 18, 2012
    LA/Santa Cruz
    Name
    Shannon
    Boat
    Edgewater
    If this isn't the best hooker joke ever I'm confused.

I met some good red diamondbacks in Pedro back in the day. They looked like they could be my sister. Never stopped us.

Rule #1: float the boat.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Deb, if you want an I.D., it makes a difference where the snake lives... :D
    Translation: Debi, I didn't know wtf I was talking about; yet I made an authoritative statement,,,,,,,,again. I'm sorry...........

Last edited:
    Reactions: @-EZ and lynndeva
    Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
    Sep 6, 2005
    Escondido
    Name
    Buster Brown
    Boat
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
    Some people should do some resaerch before they try and show their expertise.......lol....Bull snakes and Gopher snakes are the same snakes......Bull snake, pine snake and gopher snake are different names for a single species (Pituophis melanoleucus or Pituophis catenifer). In the western United States, the species is frequently called the gopher snake; in eastern states, bull snake is more common. The nonvenomous snake helps control the rodent population in many areas. Farmers in states like South Dakota find the snake most helpful in preventing crop destruction by small mammals such as gophers.

Reactions: marlyn and gecsr1
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Some people should do some resaerch before they try and show their expertise.......lol....Bull snakes and Gopher snakes are the same snakes......Bull snake, pine snake and gopher snake are different names for a single species (Pituophis melanoleucus or Pituophis catenifer). In the western United States, the species is frequently called the gopher snake; in eastern states, bull snake is more common. The nonvenomous snake helps control the rodent population in many areas. Farmers in states like South Dakota find the snake most helpful in preventing crop destruction by small mammals such as gophers.
    Thank you O learned one.....

Reactions: ConSeaMate
    Upvote 0