Anybody hear what happened to the Tomahawk?

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    It takes 12 hours of wind in one direction to develop wave swell.

W
    woodfish330
    ..... alright BILL... (laughing....) next thing you know.... you'll be doing the WEATHER on ch.4. I get ya though.

Yet.... We are both aware that there are many "contributing" factors to oceanic currents and swell developement.... including "wind".
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    If the damage I can see is all the damage this can be fixed at the dock and back in business in 1-2 days. Just have to let the glass cure and slap some paint on.
    Don't ask how I know.
    exactly 2-3 days. but it gets turned to the insurance, they can re-coup lost business. weren't they booked solid for the next 6 months!

Reactions: woodfish330
    W
    woodfish330
    Brother.... and thats exactly how they may have to "play" it.... insurance wise. Proof is in the books....right?
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Wolfman4

Wolfman
    Feb 20, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Quidort
    Boat
    C-Dory
    If that at damage is from rough weather at 8 kts I would think CG wants it pulled and inspected to certify it to carry passengers moving forward. Let alone the insurance company and landing. Hope they get back on the water soon.
    I rode that boat last year...I had the top bunk, starboard side all the back and the deck sounded like it was being ripped off the boat! It was so loud it made it hard to sleep.

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    If you've ever done any work on these boats (wood and fiberglass) you would understand how easily that damage could occur.These boats are old and rotting.The fiberglass skin basically holds them together.The wood is shot.

Upvote 0

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Mitchell
    Boat
    20 Bertram
    If you've ever done any work on these boats (wood and fiberglass) you would understand how easily that damage could occur.These boats are old and rotting.The fiberglass skin basically holds them together.The wood is shot.
    Are you saying "Termites holding hands"?

Upvote 0
    Aug 11, 2015
    Vancouver
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Zodiac
    I feel for the owner financially and the people booked on trips that were canceled now scrambling to find open spots elsewhere but hey zero people hurt is pretty darn good.

I rode on it once and wasn't a big fan of how it handled some bumpy weather but was not opposed to jumping on it again in a pinch.

Upvote 0

Ratshirt

Mar 25, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Ratshirt
    Boat
    none
    Simply amazing that Drakes can last more than 20 years. They soak up water better than a sponge. The Cat wasn't a Drake but similar construction used.

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    When your on a Sport Boat in another country... and you go into the bow hold area.... below deck.... and see water pumps.... just "barely" keeping up with the leaks up front.... it makes you wonder. With my jaw hanging.... I proceeded ro the motor room.... even worse... 2 pumps. And..... they ran like that for more trips than I want to know. NO .... not THIS BOAT.

WONT name it.... period. Just what you see... when your a dock rat.... at different times in my career. There's just some things your better off NOT KNOWING....

Upvote 0

Ratshirt

Mar 25, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Ratshirt
    Boat
    none
    When your on a Sport Boat in another country... and you go into the bow hold area.... below deck.... and see water pumps.... just "barely" keeping up with the leaks up front.... it makes you wonder. With my jaw hanging.... I proceeded ro the motor room.... even worse... 2 pumps. And..... they ran like that for more trips than I want to know. NO .... not THIS BOAT.

WONT name it.... period. Just what you see... when your a dock rat.... at different times in my career. There's just some things your better off NOT KNOWING....
    Does anyone remember the La Jollan at Point Loma?

It was a daily ritual to get to the docks first thing in the morning to find it with decks covered.
    Bilge pump go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Simply amazing that Drakes can last more than 20 years. They soak up water better than a sponge. The Cat wasn't a Drake but similar construction used.

It was a daily ritual to get to the docks first thing in the morning to find it with decks covered.
    Bilge pump go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I liked that boat, It was a Classic.

Upvote 0

fishnazzi

Mostly just LURKING anymore...........
    Feb 24, 2008
    Out West....somewhere
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Which one.............

🤔……… the decks covered in water on Lajollan…….. never happened. Even when it “sank” at the dock the decks weren’t covered. Please explain

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Probably some oversized lardass like me trying to use the rail on a big bluefin, exceeded the strength of the hull.

They keep making the rods and reels stronger and stronger, something has to give!
    OR your Bluefin came unhooked at color, and you KICKED a hole with your size 14W boot?

Upvote 0