Anybody hear what happened to the Tomahawk?

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Probably some oversized lardass like me trying to use the rail on a big bluefin, exceeded the strength of the hull.

They keep making the rods and reels stronger and stronger, something has to give!
    OR your Bluefin came unhooked at color and you KICKED the hull with size14W boots Goose??? LOL

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
    Mar 14, 2010
    San Clemente
    Name
    Devo
    Boat
    Trophy
    Pulled to hard on a stuck anchor or.............

When I ran Albacore Charter boats out of Morro Bay a lot of the San Diego boats would come up for a month or two many times they would return back south looking this way.........it won't happen if your paying attention to speed and pull back the throttles so maybe this happened at night.

Also these kind boats have to be careful when there anchors get stuck it's a lot of wear and tear on the bow pulpit and especially the center of the keel at the bow above the waterline. Maybe maybe maybe.....lol.

Last edited:
    W
    woodfish330
    I'm with you brother..... all this ... 32 posts.... zero "reliable" details. Kind of strange. BUT who wants to show / share (willingly) their "Dirty Laundry".
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

NoLDR

OG BD member
  • Mar 26, 2003
    Sherman Oaks
    Name
    BRAD
    Boat
    29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
    If that at damage is from rough weather at 8 kts I would think CG wants it pulled and inspected to certify it to carry passengers moving forward. Let alone the insurance company and landing. Hope they get back on the water soon.

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    im told they stuffed it in a wave trying to get to the back in that crap weather.Tom
    Look at the fiberglass and the black mark. Also there is water coming out of the port side as well.
    D6169C36-E1FC-4803-9630-D9AEEC3EA0AD.jpg

Capt Devo
    Capt Devo
    Anchor chain damage......
    This looks like they drove up over there anchor chain possibly when the anchor was fouled or stuck on the bottom. A stuck anchor can put a lot of stress on a bow pulpit and bulwarks.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    My god! That sucks, hope everyone is ok.

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    I have been on a albacore trip that the boat cracked a A frame in rough weather. Limped back to port. You could not tell externally any problem. The keel is strong at the bow, it has to be broken there.
    Looking at the website the boat runs water out of the front normally. What was the name of the boat before?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

tunacraze

• Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat
    The Big Ones
    I have been on a albacore trip that the boat cracked a A frame in rough weather. Limped back to port. You could not tell externally any problem. The keel is strong at the bow, it has to be broken there.
    Looking at the website the boat runs water out of the front normally. What was the name of the boat before?
    Eclipse.

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Apr 16, 2007
    long beach,ca
    Name
    tom
    Boat
    44 luhrs dreamer
    Started life as the Cat Special,Izor started the build and Dart took it over.Tom

W
    woodfish330
    Damn..... and the Skipper.... GARY BLACK..... in the day. He was quite a "character" too.... lol. Sad to admit I fished that boat 3 or 4 times.... with Gary.... had good trips.... nothing "Overwhelming"...... or "Unusual". Sad to see this.... for ANY San Diego Sportboat! Good luck to them.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0