Anybody have suggestions on water filtration

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Considering a reverse osmosis system. Anybody have one and have any feedback? Are there better more cost effective systems out there? Any input is appreciated. I dont want to drink tap water anymore. Thanks.

mbhalihunter

Jan 31, 2005
San Diego
Name
Paul
Boat
17' Cape Horn offshore
You don't need a RO system. They end up wasting more water as reject water. Get a particle filter, two good Carbon filters, one lead and one lag, you change out the lead when it's due, and put the new one in the lag position. If your really worried get a uv light, which will help breakdown anything else.

Mo Betta

Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
Everpure makes a great filter so does Body Glove {yes the wet suit company}.

rmn6

Sep 10, 2004
S.F.
Name
Ray
Boat
22 Farallon
Jason,

I have one I bought some years back. Ended up using canister filters instead since we have good water here. You can have it if you like. I can get some more info on it when I get back to work on Sunday if you'd like.

Ray

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Thanks Ray very nice offer, thinking about an RO system, also interested in a machine called ecolo blue, it pulls water out of the atmosphere, but they are spendy, like more than a grand. Will pm you if i can take you up on that, thanks again. just not sure what im doing yet.

rmn6

Sep 10, 2004
S.F.
Name
Ray
Boat
22 Farallon
Jason,

No worries. It's just sitting on a shelf in the firehouse. I opened it to look at it at the time and that's it. It's an RO unit, but looked smaller than most other ones I've seen. Yours if you want it. My only thoughts are possible parts issues down the road. Or you can use it as a disposable unit.

Ray