Anybody going out tomorrow (Channel Islands)?

laserbrn

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 13, 2012
Santa Clarita, Ca.
Name
Kevin
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
I'm going to out tomorrow and I'm thinking about heading south towards the 17 Fathom. I'm in a 25' skipjack so I'd like to buddy boat if anyone is heading out that way.

For anyone that's been out that way, any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. I haven't had enough opportunities to fish with work being so busy so I'm hoping for a good one. The wind/surf reports seem okay, but has anyone been out that way, how was the ride?

Last edited:
Reactions: WILLIEJEANS

Wild West

Wild West
Aug 7, 2003
Ventura
Visit site
Name
Bob
Boat
25 Skipjack SC
Out today but no fish for us. Just 3-4 mi off the east end of Anacapa looked really good with bait, birds and dolphin like crazy. Someone on the radio said they got yft and skippies in there slow trolling both macks and anchovy. Seiners were setting further east halfway to county line and were prowling around capa as well.

CI CA

The dogs name is "Tuna"
Jul 7, 2015
Channel Islands Harbor
Name
Kipp
Boat
"Therapy" 38' Luhrs
I was out chasing marlin Sat and Sunday but was a Smuggs for the night, few freainds let me know the got tails outside o Yelow bnks.

Reactions: RyanErb

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
What the hell happened ? I heard there were Tuna outside Point Magu this weekend . No body has seemed to hook any ? Even the news showed a guy bit by a hammerhead and a picture of two guys with tuna . Surprised no reports have been posted .

BrentlyDunivant

Skipperific
May 31, 2013
Oxnard, CA
Name
Brently Dunivant
Boat
Valco Baja Bayrunner 21'
We were at Decker's and Nicholas on Saturday. We didn't have the right bait and were unable to make better bait. We went offshore following west, northwest looking for paddies and birds. We found many paddies holding bait fish, but we no yellows or tuna. Another hard, beautiful day with no bites. Going to make sure to find the right bait this Saturday before even trying to throw in. 3-4" anchovy aren't cutting it.

Valkyrie

Coxswain
Sep 3, 2003
Channel Islands Harbor Calif.
Visit site
Name
Frank Sullivan
Boat
35ft Viking Sportfisher
I was out chasing marlin Sat and Sunday but was a Smuggs for the night, few freainds let me know the got tails outside o Yelow bnks.
Hey Kipp,
I saw on my AIS plot that you were out there Sat and Sun. I went out Monday to the same area we go one out of 2 Marlin. Skip was out there too on the Dawn Patrol he C&R 2 out of I think 4 hookups.

Stellar year next week should be a blast!!

BrentlyDunivant

Skipperific
May 31, 2013
Oxnard, CA
Name
Brently Dunivant
Boat
Valco Baja Bayrunner 21'
We showed up early before light at Leo and made macs in 40 feet of water with cat food and led lights . Wide open on 8 inchers .
Yeah, we don't have working nav lights or deck lights, so we have some challenges to overcome. I heard people made bait at the CI harbor at 4:30 with green LEDs too. Just had a baby so money is tight as can be.