lazquilon

May 19, 2006
San Diego
www.narcioroofingcompany.com
Name
Lazaro
Boat
69 chevy longhorn
Well there goes my boat for now. Just finshed confirming my YELLOW PAGE ad $$. A nice boat or truck payment every month, going to the yellow pages. Hopefully this works out. Gotta make some type a move to get more calls. Any of you bussiness owners ever use it before? My grandfather does but he only has his name and number in it. I am suppose to get in the book in November and on the net anyday with a 5 page website on the first and top page of roofing contractors . Has this worked for any of yous?? thanks Laz

dru

Alleged Conspirator
Oct 4, 2004
Squaremont
Name
Kinda complicated
Boat
Nautique
I'd include a phone number in the ad...

gonsurfn

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 12, 2004
Ocean Beach - SD
www.fairwindsca.com
Name
Sal
Boat
2005 Grady White 180 Fisherman
Phone number and web address.

Everyone shops on the Internet. Maybe not easy to find local services sometimes on the net, but if you don't have a website for your business, you are not doing yourself any favors. It doesn't take much time to get a simple site up and running.

That's my $.02

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Use internet
We are cutting all are ads in the phone books....

Troy

Under the Radar
Sep 12, 2005
Bird Rock
Name
Troy
Boat
Pez Loco
I can't tell you the last time I looked in the yellow pages for anything. Google....

On a somewhat related note if you want to save some money call Sherm for commercial insurance for your roofing operations. He writes a bunch of contractors including roofers.

johnnylite

Never too late to change.
Sep 19, 2006
Camarillo
Name
John
Boat
Triumph 210cc
Ditto with two people. Yellow Pages paper version is like carbeurators used to be the big thing. Webpage is good to have. Lot's of satisfied customer pics and testimonials.

Second ditto is on the salesperson thing. Use your ad that you show to create a flyer or brochure. Good to give to people you meet as in networking and also good to either mail or have delivered to builders etc.

My wife owns a business and most of her clientel came from networking as in network groups, Chamber of Commerce, customer referrals (this is big.) She usually does something nice for referrals like a gift or discount on future orders. In other words go out and toot your own horn in the market and don't depend on luck which kind of what Yellow Pages is.

BTW I spent six summers tearing off roofs mostly rock when I was a kid. Best shape I was ever in. Hardest work also. Good luck.

lazquilon

May 19, 2006
San Diego
www.narcioroofingcompany.com
Name
Lazaro
Boat
69 chevy longhorn
Ditto with two people. Yellow Pages paper version is like carbeurators used to be the big thing. Webpage is good to have. Lot's of satisfied customer pics and testimonials.

what about the old peeps with the old roofs and old money?some dont have computers. as far as new consc I have a few contractors I work for here and there. I plan on targeting older houses that need tearing off and wood repair or big hotmop& single ply roofs. Ive been on the grind for the last two years, mostly from referrals from previous jobs, the guys at the material house, or from my flyer's and CList. It was going good but people stopped spending money. A buddy of mine is in the pages and that guy gets tons of work and knows nothing about roofing. He just has a good marketing thing going on with the yellow pages and some other computer shit he does. Im not going to just sit back and see what happens, but I would like to get a few more calls a week without wasting gas looking for them. I land about 70% of my jobs I just need a chance to get em. thanks guys I have a good feeling that ad online will help out this year.

fish doctor

Nov 11, 2005
los angeles
Name
jim
Boat
Sea ray signature 200
after 30 years of phone book adds i can say this . get a cheap listing use your money saved to do internet adds and mailing list ,flyers or bulk mailers. phone books are useless except for burning. phone companys are being sued now for not printing and delivering the books we paid for, way to much per month for way to long..........

SALTYDAWG

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 1, 2003
Casa DE Oro
www.saltydawgcustomrods.com
Name
Bill
Boat
sold it
Be very careful with yellowbook.com, I started an advertising plan with them and it was like flushing a couple grand down the toilet. Nothing happened the way it was supposed to. I ended up canceling all but very basic .com add and then they tried to charge my credit card for stuff that I canceled. You're probably dealing with a sales guy named Woody and he is full of shit as a Xmas turkey. I would concentrate on Kudzu or angieslist.com. Give me a call and I'll tell you about them

t-ho

Jun 14, 2004
Costa Mesa
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else’s
We ran a quarter of page add in the yellow pages last year got one call the whole year I myself wouldnt do again just my 2 cents. dumping money in the internet this year ----------good luck!!

Customboatguy

Sep 11, 2005
Inland SD
www.customboatpainting.com
Name
Skip
Boat
Grady White 248 Voyager - Twin Suzuki's
Some very good points made and a mixed bag of ideas above. I think the key

would be, to find the balance between BOTH the book AND yel. pages .com ... Having

your own site listed or linked to your adds are key. Search engine optimization is also

important for your site. It has worked for us quite well. Good luck with it.