Any word vaccine requirement to get on a LR trip?

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
So what happens when 2 or 3 days into the trip one of the unvaccinated people comes down with covid and has trouble breathing and the boat has to turn around and return to San Diego. Then the following trip gets cancelled so that they can decontaminate the boat. The guys on the current trip and the guys on the following trip get screwed out of a trip that they have waited a year for. Yea a vaccinated guy might come down with covid but the odds are 95% that it will be one of the unvaccinated people.
Last December the trip I was on required a negative test within 48 hours of the trip. Who knows what is going to happen in the next few months but I can definitely see some boats requiring full vaccination or a negative test before getting on the boat.
I have had covid and I have been fully vaccinated so I am not too concerned about catching it again but I am concerned about someone coming down with it while on a trip and the trip getting cut short. If that happens there are going to be a lot of angry people on the boat.

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Why are all you that are vaccinated worried about those that are not. You are vaccinated you are ”safe”right or are you not feeling so bulletproof since it has been revealed you can still get the COVID even though you got the shot. You vaccinated can still give it to each other as easy as the unvaccinated so be careful. Hate to tell you from day one and even before the D variant appeared people were getting infected even after getting the shot. A lot of data has been and is being suppressed, shut off government media, do a little research on your own, and if you are under 70 and catch the COVID there is 99.8% chance you will survive.
The emergency use vaccines are a blessing for high risk folks. My 94 year old grandmother is a tad old though and felt awful after one injection so it was decided best not to take the second. LR has allot of retired folks

Are the vaccines FDA approved yet or just submitted?

Some vaccinated are self concious from still not being exempt from catching it and spreading it. And don't want to aknowledge that because it's scarry

Technically the virus adheres to objects. So the virus can adhere to a vaccinated person's hair, clothes, keyes, ect then the vaccinated persons keys or clothes passes the virus to a non vaccinated person. A object can be the carrier not just a person breathing.

I do not think this virus is a joke. But yes or no.

Screenshot_20210717_115734_com.facebook.katana_edit_78697881974970.jpg

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Tunahead you may down vote me. I'm trying to get the upside down spinner icon

If the articles and information that CNN keeps a secret from you, offends you. That's your problem. If you hate children and don't care about their future and think kids are gross and should be locked in a room. That's on you

Reactions: sealskinner
Blind Luck
Blind Luck
Bad news...we may never get our spinners...went to check my downvotes...only login achievement came up...I'm about 50 short
Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
The younger generations are making huge sacrifices. For a older generation (so they can go LR fishing) who have mostly made it very clear, publicly. They don't give a sheet about us

Did anyone read. Over 250,000 children age 5 and under. Died from the lockdown. They couldn't get medical aid for issues non Covid related

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
I guess. When retired. Locked down and staying at home. Must be nice. Saves allot of money. Extra LR budget wooohooo

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    This is just a forum of views. If you want to know, call. Or ask your brother in San Diego to stop by the boat office. Maybe you already figured that out? Or maybe there is another reason to ask your question?

Reactions: Steve K

strackle99

• Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    Show me some one who has got polio or small pox in the last 50 years
    Smallpox vaccination provides full immunity for 3 to 5 years and decreasing immunity thereafter. If a person is vaccinated again later, immunity lasts even longer. Historically, the vaccine has been effective in preventing smallpox infection in 95% of those vaccinated.

A vaccine doesn't need to be 100% effective to wipe out a disease

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Tunahead you may down vote me. I'm trying to get the upside down spinner icon

If the articles and information that CNN keeps a secret from you, offends you. That's your problem. If you hate children and don't care about their future and think kids are gross and should be locked in a room. That's on you
    I DON'T WASTE MY TIME ON CNN, FOX OR OTHER BULLSHIT SPREADERS. SCREW POLITICS....THIS IS ABOUT RESPECT FOR ALL PEOPLE ON THE PLANET. ALL YOUR NEGATIVE SHIT IS ONLY FUELING THE FIRE OF PEOPLE NOT GETTING PROTECTION. NO TIME FOR NEGATIVE BS.
    I'VE DONE MANY KIDS TRIPS TEACHING FISHING.
    I DON'T WANT ANYONE GETTING COVID-19. LET ALONE FISHING, MANY I'VE KNOWN FOR YEARS

Last edited:
    Reactions: pacificscout

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Per the NY Times this morning, the UN-Vaccinated
    are a bigger risk than any new Variant of Covid-19.
    To each their own, let's END This damn Pandemic.
    Nuff said. LOL

Last edited:

Tunahead

• Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    3PM NEWS...FYI 53000 new Covid-19 Cases today
    98.002% were NON-Vaccinated People of all ages
    01.008% were Vaccinated with mild cases
    YAWN LOL

BACK TO FISHING REPORTS

TanstaaflSD

• Dec 3, 2013
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    Tanstaafl
    Boat
    n/a
    Since this thread just got political.... we currently have a virus that almost exclusively kills Republicans.

And the craziest part...the Republicans know this and are OK with it.
    Except that your facts are not facts, just poorly based opinions.
    The Dems may want it in their foolish wokism, but i don’t know of any hospital that asks your party affiliation.
    Stay safe

Last edited:
    Reactions: plj46

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Except that yourfacts are not facts, just poorly based opinions.
    The Dems may want it in their foolish wokism, but i don’t know of any hospital that asks your party affiliation.
    Stay safe
    Don't pay too much attention to Spackle,he's pretty far out there with his opinions and beliefs about covid and other things i won't bring up in this thread.

Upvote 0

CMYSIX

Almost A Member
    Aug 22, 2020
    Opelika al
    Name
    Quinn L Chenelle
    Boat
    Independence
    Another doctor chiming in! Don’t be the guy without a shot on my trip in October!
    and what are you gonna do, check everybody at the dock?

• Haha
    Reactions: Fry
    Fry
    Fry
    😂 Why would I waste my time on vacation doing that?! My vacation is for catching and killing fish. If people wanna catch COVID instead and be left back at the dock then that’s their problem.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0