Any word vaccine requirement to get on a LR trip?

CMYSIX

Almost A Member
Aug 22, 2020
Opelika al
Name
Quinn L Chenelle
Boat
Independence
I’ve not heard anything about doing that. I know some groups, by mutual agreement, all tested shortly before leaving. You probably should have trip insurance in case you can’t go because you catch covid. I think they’re still checking temperatures before leaving. If you don’t have anything against getting the vaccine you guys probably should get it. We’ll be into a new wave in the next month or so and more than 90% of the new cases are in non vaccinated people.
we were supposed to be in the new wave 3 months ago, believe me the left will be milking this thing till the next election, vaccine my ass it's just another flu shot, with a real vaccine no one gets it, you know anyone with the polio or small pox? thats a vaccine, precautions YES! but to put 60 million people out of work and crush small bizz. BS!

CMYSIX

Almost A Member
Aug 22, 2020
Opelika al
Name
Quinn L Chenelle
Boat
Independence
98% of ALL cases are UNvacinated, if those that don't get the shot die from it ...O well you had the chance
if that was true there would be a hell of a lot more dead, how come no ones using Italy for an example anymore?

Reactions: CHU CHANGO

Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
The guy asked a simple question and gets hammered by the pro vaccinated crowd. Maybe all you guys that are concerned about being around us uncaring , evil unvaccinated people , should just stay home , seal up all the windows and doors , put on your mask , face shield , gloves , wrap yourself in bubble wrap and a hazmat suit and let the rest of us live our lives the way we want to. Quit lecturing people.
He’s the one that started referring to us as sheep. I’m not a sheep, but I am a physician and I am kept very well up to date with covid data and vaccine information. The numbers have already been stated here but I’ll repeat them. 99.5% of current covid deaths are in non vaccinated individuals. Greater than 95% of all current covid infections are in non vaccinated individuals. Those that are vaccinated but do catch covid- nobody ever claimed the vaccines to be 100% effective- in general have milder infections and rarely require hospitalization. Previous infection with covid does not seem to provide much protection against the delta variant. The mRNA vaccines have been studied for 3 decades to be ready in the event of a pandemic. They are not some fly by night option brought out with no scientific studies or background. Take the vaccine or don’t. I don’t really care. I do take issue with guys trying to encourage others not to get it by spewing untrue data and reports. Every single significant(not arm pain) complication has been investigated. There are not thousands of complications that are being hidden from us. I hope your trip works out. That you get to stay out the full 8 days, and not have your trip cut short. That you, your family, and your fellow passengers don’t catch it.

Last edited:

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
we were supposed to be in the new wave 3 months ago, believe me the left will be milking this thing till the next election, vaccine my ass it's just another flu shot, with a real vaccine no one gets it, you know anyone with the polio or small pox? thats a vaccine, precautions YES! but to put 60 million people out of work and crush small bizz. BS!
You do realize that Trump was the impetus behind the vaccine making it out? The anti-vaccine sentiment was initially put out by the left so Trump would not be given any credit. No vaccine is 100%. I agree that it was way overplayed, and that is supported by data comparing states that opened vs left run states that closed.

Upvote 0

UCT

Jul 14, 2013
Orange County, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
just coastin
He’s the one that started referring to us as sheep. I’m not a sheep, but I am a physician and I am kept very well up to date with covid data and vaccine information. The numbers have already been stated here but I’ll repeat them. 99.5% of current covid deaths are in non vaccinated individuals. Greater than 95% of all current covid infections are in non vaccinated individuals. Those that are vaccinated but do catch covid- nobody ever claimed the vaccines to be 100% effective- in general have milder infections and rarely require hospitalization. Previous infection with covid does not seem to provide much protection against the delta variant. The mRNA vaccines have been studied for 3 decades to be ready in the event of a pandemic. They are not some fly by night option brought out with no scientific studies or background. Take the vaccine or don’t. I don’t really care. I do take issue with guys trying to encourage others not to get it by spewing untrue data and reports. Every single significant(not arm pain) complication has been investigated. There are not thousands of complications that are being hidden from us. I hope your trip works out. That you get to stay out the full 8 days, and not have your trip cut short. That you, your family, and your fellow passengers don’t catch

My wife's hospital in OC is running 2/3 covid patients vaccinated, 1/3 not. However, most hospitalizations are a couple days shorter for vaccinated. If you really are a physician I hope you are getting daily testing for covid because you have become a Typhoid Mary (you will have and express a higher viral load before symptom appear than an unvaccinated person) who could unwittingly infect your vaccinated and unvaccinated patients. Trust me. I have a degree in Microbiology.

• Dislike
Reactions: Fry and Steve K

jayyyy

Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
Getting the vaccine is liberating, compromised friends and family and others unable to get vaccinated will be able to be in your presence without risking their lives. The only side effect I've experienced is drastically increased helicopter activity wherever I go, Ha Ha get vaccinated.

Reactions: Tunahead

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat
The Searcher
You come on this largely friendly forum, and you’re wasting your time and ours with your question. If you really want to know, call the office!

Then, you turn into an asshole insulting everybody.
Kinda sounded like you were the asshole with your first reply.

strackle99

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    A little comedy, to lighten the mood.

Screenshot_20210725-204810_Chrome.jpg

Upvote 0

Bigdog 1961

Desert Sportfisherman
    Aug 1, 2015
    Cave Creek AZ
    Name
    David Piazza
    Boat
    Been there done that
    Why are all you that are vaccinated worried about those that are not. You are vaccinated you are ”safe”right or are you not feeling so bulletproof since it has been revealed you can still get the COVID even though you got the shot. You vaccinated can still give it to each other as easy as the unvaccinated so be careful. Hate to tell you from day one and even before the D variant appeared people were getting infected even after getting the shot. A lot of data has been and is being suppressed, shut off government media, do a little research on your own, and if you are under 70 and catch the COVID there is 99.8% chance you will survive.

strackle99

• Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    Why are all you that are vaccinated worried about those that are not. You are vaccinated you are ”safe”right or are you not feeling so bulletproof since it has been revealed you can still get the COVID even though you got the shot. You vaccinated can still give it to each other as easy as the unvaccinated so be careful. Hate to tell you from day one and even before the D variant appeared people were getting infected even after getting the shot. A lot of data has been and is being suppressed, shut off government media, do a little research on your own, and if you are under 70 and catch the COVID there is 99.8% chance you will survive.
    Because no vaccine is 100% effective, and the walking petri dishes will allow it to mutate to the point where some variant will make the vaccine ineffective.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Thinking there’s a really good chance that business is going to clear the decks on the anti-vaccine population. When the signs go up, (along with no shirt, no shoes, no service as well as no dogs allowed) theaters, restaurants, sporting events public transportation, government buildings, etc, proof of vaccination required. I’ll be carrying my vaccine card. Sure hope they release a booster soon. Kick that Delta variant right in the ass!

Bigdog 1961

Desert Sportfisherman
    Aug 1, 2015
    Cave Creek AZ
    Name
    David Piazza
    Boat
    Been there done that
    Because no vaccine is 100% effective, and the walking petri dishes will allow it to mutate to the point where some variant will make the vaccine ineffective.
    Actually viruses of this type usually have a limited life, don’t believe the hype. From day one some experts said these types of viruses tend to get weaker as they mutate but for some odd reason this one didn’t makes me wonder A lot of money being paid to Pfizer, how much is making it back to the politicians. Something for the thinking, is it by accident this virus only seems to kill the old, obese, and people with corbid morbidities you know the ones that take up a lot of resources. I don’t trust any of them.

hucklongfin
    hucklongfin
    The ones with the limited life are morons but don’t believe the hype... as Hans Solo said, don’t tell me the odds! The money making it back to the pols seems to be the to ones encouraging morons. Good luck morons! I can’t believe that stupid has become a virtue, ok I can, but just think how dumb the average person seems then remember that half are below average!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

strackle99

• Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    Actually viruses of this type usually have a limited life, don’t believe the hype. From day one some experts said these types of viruses tend to get weaker as they mutate but for some odd reason this one didn’t makes me wonder A lot of money being paid to Pfizer, how much is making it back to the politicians. Something for the thinking, is it by accident this virus only seems to kill the old, obese, and people with corbid morbidities you know the ones that take up a lot of resources. I don’t trust any of them.
    We don't hear about the non virulent mutations. We didn't hear about alpha or beta, etc. Only Delta and lambda. There are plenty of mutations we don't need to care about. Just the dangerous ones.

But given enough room to spread, the dangerous mutations will inevitably arrive.

Reactions: kbray001
    Upvote 0

cow man

Tuna addict
  • Aug 29, 2012
    Glide Or. 97443
    Name
    Jake Waardenburg
    Boat
    N/A
    The guy asked a simple question and gets hammered by the pro vaccinated crowd. Maybe all you guys that are concerned about being around us uncaring , evil unvaccinated people , should just stay home , seal up all the windows and doors , put on your mask , face shield , gloves , wrap yourself in bubble wrap and a hazmat suit and let the rest of us live our lives the way we want to. Quit lecturing people.
    No shit!!!

Upvote 0

CMYSIX

Almost A Member
    Aug 22, 2020
    Opelika al
    Name
    Quinn L Chenelle
    Boat
    Independence
    Thinking there’s a really good chance that business is going to clear the decks on the anti-vaccine population. When the signs go up, (along with no shirt, no shoes, no service as well as no dogs allowed) theaters, restaurants, sporting events public transportation, government buildings, etc, proof of vaccination required. I’ll be carrying my vaccine card. Sure hope they release a booster soon. Kick that Delta variant right in the ass!
    Maybe instead of a vaccine card we could have them just tattoo a number on our fore arm,

Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Have an 8 day booked for October. Myself, my daughter and her BF are coming down from Montana and my Brother from San Diego. None of us have the vaccine. Have not been on the forum alot lately and have yet to see it mentioned. Want to get it long before the trip if it is a requirement.
    What boat are you going on???

Reactions: Cubeye
    Holi-e-Mackeral
    Holi-e-Mackeral
    Yep, post out boat and date. I'm sure this guy has also refused to take any social distancing precautions.. Lots of reports of people like this right now who are begging to get vaccinated in the hours before they are intubated.. Dr's reponse "It's too late for you now"