Any word vaccine requirement to get on a LR trip?

Heatmaster75

That was fast....
Jul 20, 2019
Western Montana
Name
Rather Be Fishing
Boat
Harbercraft
Have an 8 day booked for October. Myself, my daughter and her BF are coming down from Montana and my Brother from San Diego. None of us have the vaccine. Have not been on the forum alot lately and have yet to see it mentioned. Want to get it long before the trip if it is a requirement.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    If there isn't a requirement for Vaccinations, there should be. Bringing 4 people on a boat for days UN-vaccinated is maybe asking for trouble, spreading Covid-19 from out of State. Just saying, my take. Just get vaccinated LOL
    At least a recent test to show when checking in maybe? Check with the Landing or Chartermaster for your trip. 75, I got both shots, no bigge at all. F Y I
    Good luck on your trip~

Last edited:

Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 31, 2003
    Visalia, CA
    Name
    Blaine Lake
    Boat
    none
    I’ve not heard anything about doing that. I know some groups, by mutual agreement, all tested shortly before leaving. You probably should have trip insurance in case you can’t go because you catch covid. I think they’re still checking temperatures before leaving. If you don’t have anything against getting the vaccine you guys probably should get it. We’ll be into a new wave in the next month or so and more than 90% of the new cases are in non vaccinated people.

Heatmaster75

That was fast....
    Jul 20, 2019
    Western Montana
    Name
    Rather Be Fishing
    Boat
    Harbercraft
    Okay, let me be clear, I don't give a Shit about people's opinion on whether I should have the vaccine or not. Down vote me all you want... lol if you sheep want it, fine, your choice. I think for myself. Maybe I have already had covid? Maybe I have not. Scary!!!

That was not the question I asked. I simply asked if there was a requirement to have the vaccine to get on the boat. Thank you to anyone that actually answers the question....

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    You come on this largely friendly forum, and you’re wasting your time and ours with your question. If you really want to know, call the office!

Then, you turn into an asshole insulting everybody.

TOTW

Time On The Water
    Dec 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Chris L
    Boat
    Leo's
    To quote a recent conversation with the front office person of a well-regarded LR operation when I asked about whether I was about to sign a COVID waiver: “No, this is just the standard waiver. At this point, you’re either vaccinated or you’re not.”
    I always love the sheep references. Which herd do you want to “baaaa” from?

Upvote 0

COSDoug

Nov 23, 2008
    Colorado Springs, CO.
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    Hobie Kayak
    If word gets out I don't think you will have to worrying about making a whole bunch of new friends. Your own decision is exactly that, yours and yours alone. I respect that. However going on an 8 day puts you in very close proximity to probably over 2 dozen people whom you are now making a choice for. That, sir, with all due respect, is just not fair.
    No guarantees if fishing, but it's a no doubter your fellow passengers will resent the hell out of it.

Upvote 0

butcherboy

Retired Bum
    Jul 4, 2007
    escondido ca.
    Name
    tom cunningham
    Boat
    Compton 33 / Gig Harbor Whitehall rowboat
    Okay. None of my bees wax. From initial post it implies the vaccine would be obtained if required. Four weeks are required. The Delta news is going in the wrong direction. Some of your group is crossing state lines that may or may not develop worse news. Not only would getting the shot be cheap insurance... it would be free. None of my bees wax but you opened the door. Best, Tom.

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    The statistics are out for children

Speaking in regards to children only. Children are 25x more at risk of being harmed or dying from the vaccine. Then from Covid

I get it. But back in the old days. It was adults protecting children. Now it's children risking their health and life to protect adults. Who have already lived close or passed the average life expectancy. Mostly high risk adults and the weakest 1% of society. Get the shot when taking care of grandmother.

How does a person know if the vaccine activated. Inside of them?

Is it common for there to be such a high failure rate with vaccines? Makes me wonder if the vaccines that I have had, even activated

There is a region right now. That has more people infected with Covid who had the vaccine then who did not!

Is this common because there are fully vaccinated people who think they are bullet proof. After receiving the vaccine. Still catch it and pass it

Wall Street Journal Wrote
    "About half of adults infected in an outbreak of the Delta variant of Covid-19 in Israel were fully inoculated with the Pfizer vaccine, prompting the government to reimpose an indoor mask requirement and other measures. (Updates and corrects earlier language that said about half of people infected in the outbreak were fully inoculated."

"As the Delta variant of the coronavirus surges through the U.K., almost half of the country’s recent Covid-19 deaths are of people who have been vaccinated. But doctors and scientists aren't too surprised."

From interruption to health care services in Asia, from Covid and lockdowns. Has caused approximitely 223,000 additional children deaths. From age 5 and under. So Covid does cause a high amount of children deaths :( RIP all. Just Clark County in the Las Vegas region. Has reported 19 school children who have committed suicide in the last 12 months. Directly related to being isolated. Maybe with abusive parents, when school was where they would go, to escape that abuse.

Cartels/crime rings getting involved in some parts of the world. Makes me wonder if someone I know. Had a fake vaccine. They passed 1.5 months after receiving the vaccine. The sheer amount of world wide corruption involved with this virus. Is unprecedented. Hard to trust

Screenshot_20210724_202145_com.facebook.katana_edit_69799177429453.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Let em eat 74

CrustyOne

Legend in my own mind
    Mar 7, 2017
    Back in SoCal
    Name
    Crusty
    Boat
    minidrifter
    OK Mr BadAss Montana. To answer your question the fleet is not requiring proof of vaccination. Maybe they will in the future? On my 4 day two weeks ago they did do a temperature check.

I'm so conservative I make you look like a New Dealer. I got the vaccine, just like I got the small pox and polio vaccines. I care less whether you get the shot(s) or not, I'm vaccinated. Just hope you don't develop a temperature on your trip down and lose all your LR money.

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    If you've been vaccinated why worry about others ? the vaccination is the cure right ? if you're that worried about getting sick after being vaccinated why in the hell would you get on a boat full of people ? And just for the record i've had my two shots and did it in hopes this whole mess will go away.Apparently the vaccine really hasn't changed things too much.IMO.

D
    Dbado1
    Exactly! If you are vaccinated, and it works so well, why the hell do you care if others aren't?!
    Upvote 0

cptn chronic

Sep 4, 2014
    Name
    sean eskilsen
    Boat
    not yet
    How many trips this year have come back and had to quarantine due to covid outbreak on the boat? Personally been on 4 trips this year and 0 issues. Plenty of people vaxed still getting covid. Plenty of unvaxed getting it and not dieing. Personally not interested in being a big pharma test subject. If the vaccine was good why the need to not be able to be sued for adverse reactions? It's your life live it as you see fit.

CrustyOne

Legend in my own mind
    Mar 7, 2017
    Back in SoCal
    Name
    Crusty
    Boat
    minidrifter
    How many trips this year have come back and had to quarantine due to covid outbreak on the boat? My Nov '20 eight day trip was canceled...technically last year. We were waiting at the dock when they canceled the trip due to a passenger testing positive on the previous trip and exposing the crew.

Upvote 0

tunacraze

• Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat
    The Big Ones
    How many trips this year have come back and had to quarantine due to covid outbreak on the boat? My Nov '20 eight day trip was canceled...technically last year. We were waiting at the dock when they canceled the trip due to a passenger testing positive on the previous trip and exposing the crew.
    Damn! That sucks! I went on an 8 day at the same time. Fortunately we had no issues. All that preparation for nothing! What a let down!

Reactions: CrustyOne
    Upvote 0

thinman

Nov 12, 2017
    usa
    Name
    steve
    Boat
    no boat
    The guy asked a simple question and gets hammered by the pro vaccinated crowd. Maybe all you guys that are concerned about being around us uncaring , evil unvaccinated people , should just stay home , seal up all the windows and doors , put on your mask , face shield , gloves , wrap yourself in bubble wrap and a hazmat suit and let the rest of us live our lives the way we want to. Quit lecturing people.