svue

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 7, 2004
Huntington Beach
Name
Vue
Boat
Everglade 290
Trailering every week from OC is taking a toll, where is the best place to store and launch my boat for the summer?

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    Lets see.............the fish aren't up here. If trailering to SD is a pain in the ass for him, how would a long ass boat ride down to the fish be any better?

Nice. I wasn't suggesting he ride his boat down. Just wondering if there were other reasons that could be solved other than his storing his boat in SD.

And since he didn't say what kind of fish he's going after, that wasn't clear either.

But you've got the answers to everything so you probably should have given him a suggestion for boat storage rather than respond to my post.

Upvote 0

svue

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 7, 2004
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Vue
    Boat
    Everglade 290
    Thanks for all the reply, it's a 30' center console, 12K weight, not fun to tow backhand forth. and yes I will tow any day over riding 100 miles on the water even if I can cruise at 40mph.
    We fish mainly offshore when going to San diego.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    They are building a HUGE new vehicle storage facility right near Mission Bay on Garnet & Mission Bay Drive. Not sure when it's scheduled to open, but this place looks to be pretty damn big. They are doing tons of Concrete Block work now, and making tons of progress, so it shouldn't be long. You would be very very close to Mission Bay, and not all that far at all from SD bay.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Reactions: glenniesan
    Upvote 0

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
    Feb 28, 2004
    Sabre Springs
    Name
    Tom McKinney
    Boat
    Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
    Upvote 0

gunnyslinger

Steady 1’s and 2’s
    Mar 15, 2006
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Justin
    Boat
    20’ CC
    Nice. I wasn't suggesting he ride his boat down. Just wondering if there were other reasons that could be solved other than his storing his boat in SD.

And since he didn't say what kind of fish he's going after, that wasn't clear either.

But you've got the answers to everything so you probably should have given him a suggestion for boat storage rather than respond to my post.
    Jesus Christ you people are so soft these days.
    Why the sesitivity?
    The kind of fish he's going after is kind of irrelevant when the issue is the hundred mile tow or boat ride.

Reactions: tbev
    Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    The list on the Chula Vista site shows the OP virtually every slip in SD county. Figured that would save him Googling everything. If his boat were smaller, I'd have offered one of 3 private locations for a much better price but 30 feet at 12000 lbs is too big, sorry.

Moving on.

Upvote 0

pescaloco

fish hunter
    Aug 17, 2005
    san diego
    Name
    Mark B.
    Boat
    27 Foot Stringari Custom
    check out Camp Land by the Bay in Mission Bay
    Dry Boat storage / Launch Ramp / Boat Wash Down Area

Upvote 0

collector21

Time to fish.
    Jul 10, 2011
    Sun City Arizona
    Name
    Bill Achtenberg
    Boat
    Sea Jay-Trophy 2002 WA 97 New Merc 150 EFI 4 Stroke/14' Alumacraft
    I have been looking myself for myself for my 20' Trophy for a coup;e of months, like mid aug to mid oct. Camp Land is all booked up for the summer. Anybody have any ideas for a 20 footer would be great. Sorry but not trying to hijack thread, just reply to the camperland post

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    There is a dry storage on Shelter Island next to the Yacht Club, not sure if they have openings though.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

SDFishingRob

Well Known "Member"
    Aug 19, 2010
    San Diego/ Gonzaga Bay
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    2 Malibu Stealth Kayaks
    Just curious does anyone know if you can rent a slip for just a month or 2? Might be something I'd like to do for the summer since I don't currently have a truck.

Upvote 0