Any sign or details of Andros replacement yet ?

Yellowtail Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
I believe you're looking for the Cavalla line up. It's available and you can see the info about it on their web site. I have a 12 and it looks like a very nice 40lb reel, have to wait till I hang a fish on it

gary760

Apr 4, 2013
UK
Name
GARY
Boat
none
Cavalla is the replacement for the Metaloid.
Andros replacement was announced to be coming out early this year.

Regards Gary

Reactions: Capt.C.Delany

lasparky11

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 7, 2008
Ontario, CA USA
Name
Gene
Boat
X-wife she's so fat she floats
The Cavalla replaces both the Metaloid & the Andros. That was my understanding after talking to Okuma.

gary760

Apr 4, 2013
UK
Name
GARY
Boat
none
Alejios I believe.
I know absolutely nothing about it.
Yes I have heard that name mentioned more than once.
Cavalla is definatly just replacement for metaloid. Very similar reel to metaloid, but spur gears, metal drag quadrant on the 5 ( metaloid had plastic on 5) longer nicer handle, right hand side plate made a different way,( I believe). And a different color of course with an enhanced surface corosion protection treatment.
Of course sometimes planned introductions don't go ahead on time, but I expect to see an andros replacement with the andros duel force drag, anti reverse bearing in a single speed, more bearings than the 4 in the cavalla, and omission of the friction cast control, Makaira gun metal colours would be nice.
My guesses and wants only
Regards Gary

Joda

Jan 3, 2016
Walnut, ca
Name
Jonathan c
Boat
one day
Thanks for the snippet, looks similar to Tesoro matted finish.
Can’t wait to see it.

Sacto John

Sep 6, 2013
United States
Name
John Humphreys
Boat
Duct Tape Queen
I got a chance to use the Allijos 16II on my 5.5 day trip with Marla's sport-fishing out of PV this last week. They use them for 60lb and 80lb and Danny claims they have taken cow tuna on them. I own a Andros 16II and the reel feels and looks almost identical to that reel except for the gunmetal finish and Makeria style handle. I am sure the internals are a little different, but I would need to see the specs.

Scuba Chris

May 17, 2016
Kapolei, HI
Name
Christopher Takahashi
Boat
Christina Ann
Cavalla replaces the Metaloid, not the Andros. The Alijos is arriving in a few weeks for us to field test. Very unique additions.