Any Recent San Quintin report?

Sober

Sep 24, 2006
Arizona
Name
Steve
Boat
Hobie Outback
We are heading down a week from Sunday, anyone been down there recently? Any tips and fish reports will be appreciated. And should we bring along some frozen squid?
Thanks
Steve

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
We are heading down a week from Sunday, anyone been down there recently? Any tips and fish reports will be appreciated. And should we bring along some frozen squid?
ThanksYour driving, take anything you think you might need, if you have a trip booked contact guide, service conditions change by the minute so be ready for anything, have great time, can't wait to get there, three weeks and counting
Steve

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Thanks
Steve
hola steve,the tails fron 10 to 20 have been good on the surfas with xrap 20 & 30ts are working well,also bring some plasticks for the bass at san martin island and squid never hurts to have on the boat,dont forget youre 6xjrs,good luck.

castone001

Jun 3, 2013
Murrieta
Name
Chris Stone
Boat
none
Juan, any particular color and weight for the 6x Jr's? We will be there Aug 8th. Hope to hook up with you for a day out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tunaeater

Jul 19, 2009
Chula Vista Ca
Name
Paul
Boat
bayliner
hola steve,the tails fron 10 to 20 have been good on the surfas with xrap 20 & 30ts are working well,also bring some plasticks for the bass at san martin island and squid never hurts to have on the boat,dont forget youre 6xjrs,good luck.
What color xraps and what color jigs please?

Beer Goggles

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 9, 2007
Trabuco Canyon CA
Name
O
Boat
The Snapper Slapper
What color xraps and what color jigs please?
XRAP 25's and 30's blue mackerel and green mackerel- bring many 6X's- color wasn't a huge issue in the past. Always several of the standard deadly blue/white. Dorado, birdshit, sardine, mint and white work well too. It's always nice to kick down a few good 6X's along with a healthy tip. The 6x's are obviously much easier for us to obtain up here than they are for the captains down there.

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
do just like Justin say'd and you'll be in good shape.
theres lots of chovies around,i've been dragging a silve and black xrap 20 and its been the go to rapala,good luck.

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Juan, any particular color and weight for the 6x Jr's? We will be there Aug 8th. Hope to hook up with you for a day out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
hola chris,do you have resevations with me for the 8th?gracias.

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
What size Crocs?
Call whoever your fishing with, time of day tide wind cloud cover area all change from 6 to 8 oz stuff down to 1 1/2 oz stuff they were selling big knockoffs at the store down by ramp. That can change also. I always say take more than you need, go through it with your guide, It's always good to leave the stuff that works as part of tip and replace it when you get home. What works at 6:00 at one place probably isn't going to be what you want at3:00 in different place with different conditions. More stuff has a way off making you the Lucky Fishermen. Good luck, I've got to wait bit leave some for us.

castone001

Jun 3, 2013
Murrieta
Name
Chris Stone
Boat
none
Call whoever your fishing with, time of day tide wind cloud cover area all change from 6 to 8 oz stuff down to 1 1/2 oz stuff they were selling big knockoffs at the store down by ramp. That can change also. I always say take more than you need, go through it with your guide, It's always good to leave the stuff that works as part of tip and replace it when you get home. What works at 6:00 at one place probably isn't going to be what you want at3:00 in different place with different conditions. More stuff has a way off making you the Lucky Fishermen. Good luck, I've got to wait bit leave some for us.
Thanks bud!! :) Great advice/tips!

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Thanks bud!! :) Great advice/tips!
De nada, if your going with Jaun he's got the right stuff, I'll be there right after you,and check in with him, be sure and take flourocarbon, 20 to 80 a heavy trolling outfit would be nice, something you like to cast, 8 to 16 oz sinkers, can't go wrong having some squid, we always stop at fish market Ensenada pick up snack, bait, one time the bait looked to good and ended up geting eaten before we left , o well everything gets used in Mexico, see ya down there luck again Les and Kat

0625150917.jpg

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Thanks
Steve
Steve should be going down, looks like if everyone on here reports we're going to have it covered through August) , Steve anything going on outside? How was border drive down?