Any Others in the Chesapeake Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic Reports and Discussion' started by Creed, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Creed

Creed Newbie

Name:
    Richard
    Boat:
    Everglades 275
    Good luck on the NC BFT bite, I did it once buy we came up empty. I have had some good NC trips for king mackerel and blackfin.

al_n_vb757 likes this.
  2. al_n_vb757

al_n_vb757 Newbie

Name:
    AL AVENDANO
    Boat:
    16, TARPON, USS TUPPERWARE
    Creed,
    The Blackfin bite out of HI has been phenominal. 25-30# BF's on the speed jig were very common.

3. Dr Polynomial

Dr Polynomial Newbie

Name:
    jeff
    Boat:
    don't have one
    Yes Sir. Moved from San Diego in Aug. Don't have a boat and I would be willing to split the cost of gas if anyone has a boat.

4. capt kid

capt kid Newbie

Name:
    COREY
    Boat:
    24 chapparel "Scooby doo ll"
    Creed, you are correct is isn't just stripers declining. Although i will say last year i did see a glimmer of hope for the grey trout. Caught quite a few in the old trusty locations that i fished a a youngin and seemed to be vacant for the past few years. Bluefish are fairly plentyful off the beach just not in the bay and rivers like many years ago, plenty taylor blues inside but biggins off the beach. Every year I've had plenty success with sp macks usually catch couple hundred for bait deep dropping. aside from striper theres plenty fish to catch just not in traditional areas or in huge numbers. last year i fished quite a few areas that my dad and i fished as a youngin must nbe some kind of cycle goin on.take a step back simple techniques in the trusty old honey holes of years past. Any body in Hampton or Newport news that can fish week days some weekends give me a shout.

5. Marl

Marl salt hunter

Name:
    Marl
    Boat:
    Whaler
    Hey! just noticed this post. good to see some Chesapeakers on here. I live on the east side of the bay of central MD. Fishing has been up & down over the years. But, you can still bust em pretty good every now & then :D I like specks & redfishing as much as anything anymore. Good luck to you all this season. Mahalo

6. DRUNKEN BLOODWORM

DRUNKEN BLOODWORM THE FISH WHISPERER

Name:
    D.Q.NEWTON
    Boat:
    N/A
    IM FROM MD GREW UP ON THE BAY HERE IN MD. IVE BEEN FISHING IT ALL OF MY LIFE.

7. DRUNKEN BLOODWORM

Name:
    D.Q.NEWTON
    Boat:
    N/A
    CHRIS PENNING ITS A SMALL BUT BEAUTIFUL WORLD. I LIVE IN NORTH LAUREL ALSO.

8. DRUNKEN BLOODWORM

Name:
    D.Q.NEWTON
    Boat:
    N/A
    here is another good forum for fishing the BAY....PIERANDSURF.COM

9. WRogers

WRogers Newbie

Name:
    William Rogers
    Boat:
    25' Trophy W/A
    Back at home, not real happy. Family let me down left boat out in weather now probably gonna cost a small fortune to fix but me and kids will have fun once out of shop

10. MATTUSMC

MATTUSMC Newbie

Name:
    Matthew Bertsch
    Boat:
    199 Sea Fox Commander "SEA EYE"
    Moved from VaB to San Diego about a year ago. I kayak fished while I was there and spent a lot of time working the bridges and the Hot Ditch. Some forums for the area are TKAA.org (mainly kayakers, but there is a ton of good info on it) and then if you are a gun guy too vaguntrader.com. But we're great sites when I was there. I miss the short hop to chase schoolies and flounder around the bridges, catching quality fish 5 minutes from the launch, had to beat.

image.jpg

Nemo likes this.
  11. Nemo

Nemo Newbie

Name:
    Eric m. Folsom
    Boat:
    Nemo
    Creed,
    Sorry for the delayed response. I signed up for a tidal fish account...3 weeks ago...I can see other posts but cannot post to any forum...sent an email and two PMs to Brandon...just waiting on permissions. Frustrating!
    So here I sit...at the car wash on fort Meade...waiting on my crew to roll up. We're heading to OC to fish Sunday(5th) and Monday(6th)...offshore if weather cooperates. We're staying at the sea bay hotel Sunday. If anyone on BD site is headed out today, I will be on VHF ch 1. Will head toward hambone and push out as weather permits. If I see anything promising I'll send a blast over VHF, after I put 5 on the deck of course ;). Want to thank Chris Penning and Bob for helping me get this first trip set up!!
    Tight lines,
    Nemo

Chris Penning likes this.
  12. spize909

spize909 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jeff
    Boat:
    no
    Heading to VA to visit my bro that just built a beautiful home on the water in Poquoshon (I think that's it). We got a boat chartered for next Friday to hopefully fish for something that pulls hard. Hoping for some Cobia...I guess.
    I'm pretty sure we will be fishing with these guys.
    Www.yorkriver.net
    Any advice on fishing there? Any knowledge on this charter boat?