Any one use the bakcou bikes for hunting ?

4tunate

Almost A Member
  • Sep 26, 2021
    Reno, NV
    Name
    Brent
    Boat Name
    LowKeys
    Yep~! Used mine last season in area 6 near Elko NV. I have the 1000w Bakcou Mule (camo green) which sports the bafang ultra plus motor. Massive torque, mid mount, nice gearing. Able to handle some rocky trails but excellent on trails that I used to hike on foot. I get further in, faster and quieter. Early morning pre dawn there I go up the mountain. It was worth the investment. TBH I got tired of the noise and the fumes from my buddies quads. I had a really good season last year. The 4" fat tires are nice, the gas shocks help a lot and the braking system is top notch. I am silent and deadly hunting with this bike. I have a trailer which gets up the mountain quite a ways (great pack out) with me before I leave it til I need it. I keep my pack moderately light while biking up and scouting/hunting. I also have a gun rack on my bike for my 6.5 Creedmoor.

Amazon product

Upvote 0

4tunate

Almost A Member
  • Sep 26, 2021
    Reno, NV
    Name
    Brent
    Boat Name
    LowKeys
    Yes very expensive for a bike. They are built (from the ground up, all design facets) to hunt. Hunting, like fishing, is an expensive sport and with all the gear I have amassed over time it is quite an investment. I could have spent $6k on a UTV or Quad, but I like being a silent hunter and the bike is really good up on the mountain. Incentive for me to pick up archery, I already have black powder setups.

I don't work for bakcou or any other bike company. I am not trying to promote anything here, just answering the OP and giving my feedback from my personal experience. This bike goes 28mph on flat ground, has intuitive pedal assist power and handles terrain very well. I'd like to see some kind of better brush guard for the chain/gears. I have some physical limitations so this bike has added versatility and longevity to one of the sports that I am passionate about.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat Name
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    I have a quietkat ranger,i like it alot.Great range,great power and i use it for a ton of things,camping,fishing and hunting.Super stealthy way to travel but you still have to charge them like an electric car,so if you can plug it in its great but its not so great if your dry camping without hookups like many of us do.
    Solar charging takes forever so i end up running a honda generator alot as im too cheap to buy an extra battery for a grand!
    Also keep in mind if its below 36 degrees or so its pretty useless and will actually harm the battery to use it in low temps and you have to keep the battery warm,also there are alot of wilderness areas,beaches etc that they are not allowed at all.

Reactions: hdz805
    Upvote 0

hdz805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Jul 26, 2010
    805 Santa Barbara
    Name
    jesus
    Boat Name
    Fishkilla
    I received my mule yesterday. Idk, I don’t feel it’s $6,000 worth of a e bike but I’m going to put it to the test this weekend
    I maxed out 28mph on the street with throttle so I’m hoping it jets me up those hills where I go hunting
    Also I’m debating if I should have gotten the full suspension one instead ?

Reactions: repo805
    Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat Name
    skiff
    Roger has the quiet cat. Pretty much a dedicated hunting e motorcycle. Nice freakin ride. I recently bought one from Juiced. A local product here in SD. Really nice range. The wave of the future. They are so quiet.

Upvote 0

Garrison

Garrison
    May 21, 2008
    Temecula
    Name
    Garrison
    Boat Name
    Mikelson 43’
    I would be willing to bet this little $500 “all in” hunting rig has put more meat on the ground in Elko county over the last 20+ years than any quad, side-by-sides, and e-bike in the area. Probably a whole bunch of them combined. And it has heat! It’s damn near Siberia up there.😉

Garrison

P.S. we do roll some quads and a couple 80’s Honda Fat Cats too.🤣

Those bikes do look pretty cool.

573DBAA7-89BD-4A1C-9E9F-2069D86AC4D3.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Tesoro and One_Leg
    Upvote 0