Any one have experimented with the vibe kayak sea ghost 130?

Hillbillymad

I’ve posted I enough I can change this
Jun 14, 2020
Upland
Name
Nolan Pianalto
Boat
None
I’m thinking bout getting it as my first kayak just wondering if it’s a good fit

wkk

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 10, 2007
so cal
www.socalfishingdynamics.com
Name
will
Boat
Edge Water CC/Bonafide RS117
The reviews on that kayak all seem pretty positive. Vibe is a good company and they make good products. The new Vibe Sheerwater 125 looks like a hobie outback replica. I got rid of my hobie outback 2 years ago. I just ordering a Bonafide RS117. Wanted to try out something different. Do you like to paddle or want foot powered? On craigslist there's a company in newport beach clearing out Malibu Kayaks x13 for $699. That's a good reliable paddle kayak for our waters.

Fissshermansbft

Well known member
Jul 28, 2020
Anahiem
Name
Dave
Boat
None
The reviews on that kayak all seem pretty positive. Vibe is a good company and they make good products. The new Vibe Sheerwater 125 looks like a hobie outback replica. I got rid of my hobie outback 2 years ago. I just ordering a Bonafide RS117. Wanted to try out something different. Do you like to paddle or want foot powered? On craigslist there's a company in newport beach clearing out Malibu Kayaks x13 for $699. That's a good reliable paddle kayak for our waters.
Thanks for all the info what company might be worth checking out since vibe is completely out of stock

wkk

Apr 10, 2007
so cal
Name
will
Boat
All lot of the kayaks will need to be preordered. Inventory is just now starting to roll back in. Most of the local dealers are just filling in their preorders. I purchased my yak from

It's the online store for OEX Kayaks in Sunset Beach and San Diego. You can order kayaks from them and pick up at the stores or have it shipped to your house.. If you purchase from OEX Kayaks they will also give you 15% off any accessories when you pick up the kayak.

Vibe kayaks will e-mail you as soon as they get orders in but their kayaks sell out within minutes of the e-mail notice.

Headwaters kayaks does a nice review on paddle kayaks under $1,000. You should check out the video.

Fissshermansbft

Well known member
Jul 28, 2020
Anahiem
Name
Dave
Boat
None
All lot of the kayaks will need to be preordered. Inventory is just now starting to roll back in. Most of the local dealers are just filling in their preorders. I purchased my yak from

It's the online store for OEX Kayaks in Sunset Beach and San Diego. You can order kayaks from them and pick up at the stores or have it shipped to your house.. If you purchase from OEX Kayaks they will also give you 15% off any accessories when you pick up the kayak.

Vibe kayaks will e-mail you as soon as they get orders in but their kayaks sell out within minutes of the e-mail notice.

Headwaters kayaks does a nice review on paddle kayaks under $1,000. You should check out the video.

What company in Newport is selling the used ones?

wkk

Apr 10, 2007
so cal
Name
will
Boat

they were asking $699 last week.

NEW Malibu X-13 Kayak! -

ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!

X13 Desert Camo Kayak Features:
- Transducer Ready Mount
(Foot Track System
- Bow & Stern Handles
- Side Carry Handles/Paddle Holders
- Gator Hatch
- Center Rectangular Hatch With Bag
- Rear Bungee Storage
- Threaded Eyelets
- Shock Cord Cleats
- Drain Plug

2000 W Balboa Blvd
Newport Beach CA 92663
94948forfor600

hobiefish

I am not always Grumpy; somtimes I am fishing!
Mar 16, 2007
Chino
Name
duane
Boat
Sea-Pro 186cc & Honda Aquatrax
Hillbillymad, I am just curious if you make a decision on a kayak? I did a lot of research on the brands last winter and will say that I like the Vibe Sea Ghost. I also do like the reviews from Dan in the Headwaters videos. I watched quite a bit if his stuff.

I own an older Hobie Mirage but also now own a 3 Waters Big Fish. I was really looking for a Bonafide when a ran across a used Big Fish with rudder for $450. My issue with so many of the less than $1000 kayaks is that the plastic is a little thin in spots on some of these molds(including my 3 Waters) compared to what I was used to in my Hobie.

That being said; there are many choices under $1000 that will work great including the Vibe.

This is my $450 Big Fish after dropping another $1500 in modifications and lithium batteries.
bf105.jpg

Fissshermansbft

Well known member
Jul 28, 2020
Anahiem
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Yeah I actually made a decision on the old town sportsman 120 just because the vibe is made in China and the wait time would’ve been closer to my death date.
Hillbillymad, I am just curious if you make a decision on a kayak? I did a lot of research on the brands last winter and will say that I like the Vibe Sea Ghost. I also do like the reviews from Dan in the Headwaters videos. I watched quite a bit if his stuff.

I own an older Hobie Mirage but also now own a 3 Waters Big Fish. I was really looking for a Bonafide when a ran across a used Big Fish with rudder for $450. My issue with so many of the less than $1000 kayaks is that the plastic is a little thin in spots on some of these molds(including my 3 Waters) compared to what I was used to in my Hobie.

That being said; there are many choices under $1000 that will work great including the Vibe.

This is my $450 Big Fish after dropping another $1500 in modifications and lithium batteries.View attachment 1204034

Reactions: hobiefish

Calico Killer

Mar 8, 2008
W. LA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Boat
I have a Sea Ghost 130. Earlier this year I was looking for a yak to replace my 10 year old Cobra Marauder that had cracks around the scuppers. In short, I absolutely love it. It's wide and stable. I've taken it from FW lakes in the Sierras to 10 mile paddles in choppy LJ. It's great, especially for the price. The best part perhaps, is that it is fully rigged out. I only had to add accessories. I haven't had to drill any holes to attach my FF, batteries, etc. I will eventually, but the stock rigging has sufficed so far. Considering every piece of rail and the mod pod center hatch costs $$$, it is an amazing value.

As far as performance, it's not nearly as fast as my WS Tarpon 140, but it is a lot more stable. Stable enough that my GF will chill in the back while we troll around without feeling tippy at all. The rudder is a must. Since it is so wide, it will track, especially in wind. the rudder keeps it tracking straight. I'll eventually replace the stock rigging with steel cable as the stock rigging is starting to fray, but so far it has held up after 8 months and 20+ trips.

The hatches are 80% waterproof as I found out after getting tossed in 4' shorebreak. Keep your electronics in a waterproof bag on your way in and out of larger surf. It doesn't have much rocker from nose to tail, so don't expect to be surfing waves in, but it handles chop just fine.

I bought it shortly before the Shearwater peddle kayak came out, and as much as I love my Sea Ghost 130, I would have test driven the Shearwater before my purchase. Rumor is a Hobie peddle system will drop right in, so that would push it over the top. Peddle over paddle any day, and this is coming from someone who has never peddled a Hobie let alone owned one. Hands free is just so much better.