Any of you guys own a Renzetti Rod Wrapper?

calicopro

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 20, 2003
La Mesa
Visit site
Name
Larry
Boat
17' Boston Whaler Montauk.... "Chocolate Bass"
I'm in the market for a new power wrapper. I've got a powered pac-bay that I've had for about 7 years, and before that I had a flex-coat hand wrapper. Lately, I find myself disgusted with the weak ass thread tensioning system on the pac-bay, and I'm looking for some feedback from dudes who own the renzetti. I can read up on the options and doo-dads till I'm blue in the face, I'd really like to hear more first hand chit though.

Zombie

Aug 21, 2006
Lake Havasu City (AZ)
Name
Randy
Boat
Bennington
Larry,
I've had my Renzetti about a year now and really like it. My old wrapper was an American Tackle wrapper that's very similar to the Pac Bay. The chuck on the AT wrapper was my real complaint because I constantly had problems with the blank walking out of it on a daily basis. I could have bought the chuck upgrade but decided to just replace the entire unit. The chuck on the Renzetti is machined aluminum so it's obviously much better than plastic. My only real complaints on the Renzetti are the cost and the fact that only two supports come with it. I've since bought a third support. If you don't build a lot of rods than I think the cost is a bit extreme. I build lots of rods and use mine just about everyday so I can kind of justify the cost. The thread carriage on the Renzetti is also very nice as it holds 8 spools. It also takes a little used to having to wrap with the thread coming from the top and behind. I'm used to it now so it's like second nature.

Reactions: Cubeye

rodblder

Feb 19, 2004
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
none at this time
I've had an old Clemens lath setup for about 15 yrs now. It was made by Renzetti for clemens before they started marketing them under thier own name. You can't get better. If you can afford it, get the renzetti, you won't regret it. The heavy duty motor option for turning hypalon is a great option also-I got tired of burning up the tiny motors that come with it.
The Renzetti will last forever and used ones on ebay usually sell for close to retail as they are hard to come by. I have the new 8 thread carriage by renzetti but still prefer the old clemens 4 spool carriage, I use the renzetti for weaves only as it has a heavier spring. Last year I got my 4th rod support....

Gunner

Jun 12, 2006
Va beach VA
Name
Bruce
Boat
See Above
I'll second the Renzetti. I went from hand wrapping right to the Renzetti and I love it. I had to buy two extra rod supports and one extra bed section to accomodate the longer surf rods. It's pricey, but mine has worked great for the last three years.

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
I've had a Custom Power Wrap for about 20 years. It's built hundreds of rods, and still works great. It just picked up a used Renzetti, with all of the extras for $500.00. It's in the shipping box. I may want to sell it.

Reactions: marlyn

The Bushman

The Bushman
Mar 5, 2005
El Cajon
Name
Ken Bush
Boat
everyone elses
There was just a used Clemens lathe on e-bay that sold for $850!

calicopro

Nov 20, 2003
La Mesa
Visit site
Name
Larry
Boat
I've had a Custom Power Wrap for about 20 years. It's built hundreds of rods, and still works great. It just picked up a used Renzetti, with all of the extras for $500.00. It's in the shipping box. I may want to sell it.
I may want to buy it....PM me if your serious.:smash:

calicopro

Nov 20, 2003
La Mesa
Visit site
Name
Larry
Boat
Thanks guys, It sounds like I can't go wrong. I really only wrap for myself, but I like to wrap in the winters, and spring, and I'm a bit of a tackle-ho. My pac-bay just ain't cutting it. I'm going to pull the trigger....soon. Is the second lathe motor worth the extra cash???

Thanks again fellas!

jigtosser

Well-Known "Member"
May 15, 2004
Chula Vista
Name
Tom
Boat
13' Gregor
Get the 1/10hp motor for general use and light sanding/shaping. I've heard too many stories of the smaller, 1/15hp motors burning up when doing much more than wrapping and finishing. They make a dedicated turning motor which I'd like to get for mine some day, but for now the 1/10hp works fine.

I got my Renzetti from Corb a while back... :notworthy

Reactions: marlyn

GUERO

Mansfield to Alijos......
Oct 24, 2004
9210B
Name
Big Girl, AKA, Miss March
Boat
Pinnacle Sportfishing
I got my Renzetti from Corb a while back... :notworthy
yeah, you got a deal TK, still working good for ya?? that was a while ago huh?? 3 years?? wow time flys, good seeing you at FHS pal

Je_sea

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 15, 2014
Name
Kawaihoa
Boat
18' custom fiberform
so did you get the renzetti?