Any news when Penns repair department will reopen?

mrbrklyn

http://www.brooklyn-living.com/fishing.html
Sep 25, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Name
Ruben
Boat
70 foot
Any news when Penns repair department will reopen since it shutdown for the coronas sars?

tunanorth

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Any news when Penns repair department will reopen since it shutdown for the coronas sars?

Most recent word from the Pennsylvania Governor's office and Philadelphia mayor's office for factory businesses of this type is around June 1.

Reactions: pacificscout

mrbrklyn

Sep 25, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Name
Ruben
Boat
70 foot
They sent me back the real that they had for the past few months. It was kind of weird. I tried to change the versagear from the standard ration to a new 4.8:1 and I couldn't put it back together. I took all the parts, that were on a box top, bagged it up and sent it back to penn to reassemble :)

For some reason, they replaced about half the parts and then sent it back to me, with the extra parts sent back to me. So I was a little confused about what they did. But I got it back I think it is correct, but I am not totally certain.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
They sent me back the real that they had for the past few months. It was kind of weird. I tried to change the versagear from the standard ration to a new 4.8:1 and I couldn't put it back together. I took all the parts, that were on a box top, bagged it up and sent it back to penn to reassemble :)

For some reason, they replaced about half the parts and then sent it back to me, with the extra parts sent back to me. So I was a little confused about what they did. But I got it back I think it is correct, but I am not totally certain.

Its standard practice for them to send back any parts that they replaced.

mrbrklyn

Sep 25, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Name
Ruben
Boat
70 foot
Its standard practice for them to send back any parts that they replaced.
that was the part that puzzled me. It was a new reel, only fished about 110 times, and all the parts the sent back where virtually wear free ;) It was just not what I expected. I am happy with for the attention they gave it. Seems like they have a back load of reels, perhaps, and just pulled what they needed from the rack ... even the drags.

mrbrklyn

Sep 25, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Name
Ruben
Boat
70 foot
Anyway I have about 4 moore reels to send it for yearly servicing, and two for the same gear upgrade.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Latest update!
City of Philadelphia's "non-essential" ban is extended to June 5, which means Tony and crew can't truly get started until June 8.
They have a large backlog to catch up with, so add a couple of weeks to that, before they get totally back on track.

surfaceslinger

May 31, 2009
SANTA ANA
Name
Kevin Cooney
Boat
none
Latest update!
City of Philadelphia's "non-essential" ban is extended to June 5, which means Tony and crew can't truly get started until June 8.
They have a large backlog to catch up with, so add a couple of weeks to that, before they get totally back on track.
Is this for parts as well I been emailing with Keri I think that was her name she said june 1st I called several times today with no luck very disappointing

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Is this for parts as well I been emailing with Keri I think that was her name she said june 1st I called several times today with no luck very disappointing

Correct; everything at the Hunting Park Ave. facility.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16

RandyPotts

Mar 8, 2012
Santa Barbara
Name
Randy Potts
Boat
Vagabond
I have a reel that has been the repair shop since mid Feburary. I was contacted by a Penn rep to authorize repair charges, which I did plus return shipping and the the "covid hell " struck. I was told that I would be contacted for my payment information but the black hole opened and the Penn crew was sent home and I never received the call. None of this is Penn's fault but my timing was bad as I am sure others are in the same situation. I did call the service group yesterday but a voice mail and leave a message was the response.
Hoping for safety for the Penn service experts and a quick return to normal ( whatever that is ).

RandyPotts

Mar 8, 2012
Santa Barbara
Name
Randy Potts
Boat
Vagabond
Hey Randy,

Forgive us as we try and catch up, I will try and have someone reach out to you today.

tony
Thank you Tony.
Again I know that this mess is not Penn's fault but you get slammed as a result along with many other businesses.
I have a booked trip mid July on the Vagabond out of San Diego and I could use the repaired reel if possible. I own a bunch of Penn reels, a choice, because of quality and service.
Best regards.

PENN

Service Team
Advertiser
Jan 26, 2012
Philadelphia, PA, USA
www.pennfishing.com
Name
PENN
Boat
PENN
Thank you Tony.
Again I know that this mess is not Penn's fault but you get slammed as a result along with many other businesses.
I have a booked trip mid July on the Vagabond out of San Diego and I could use the repaired reel if possible. I own a bunch of Penn reels, a choice, because of quality and service.
Best regards.
Thank you for understanding!

tony

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Hey Randy,

Forgive us as we try and catch up, I will try and have someone reach out to you today.

tony

Its great to have you and your team back in action, Tony!