ANY NAVY STOPPING BOATS AT THE CORONADOS ISLANDS?

PENN

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
I was at the islands saturday and was not checked. As stated they are checking whenever they are out there. Seems to be random on who is choosen.

Fishing was decent but the volume and visuals were impressive. Large spots of foamers that were shy. Pulled my iron through a few different spots for nada. We got a couple fish and lost a couple more.

Upvote 0

SD_fishin33

Almost A Member
Jul 12, 2013
San Diego, CA
Name
Skyler Littlefield
Boat
Trophy 2150, Skeeter
I was boarded a few weeks ago and all they wanted was mex fishing license, ID, and daily visa. They checked it for about 2 minutes and then let me continue fishing.

Upvote 0

ajon

Oct 20, 2004
Alpine, CA
Name
andy
Boat
freebait
we were at the islands on sat. they were pulling along side everybody. if you follow the procedures Ali has set up you are good to go. there was an immigration officer who was polite and the rest was easy. I do recommend you get a floating waterproof container to pass your docs to them.

Upvote 0

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
A few years back I was on the Mahilini when the Mexican navy boarded us. The officer went up to the wheelhouse and left a young soldier on deck with the rest of the crew and anglers. This 18 or 19 ear old kid was doing everything he could to look tough. Unfortunately he had forgotten to put a mag in his AR. We all started pointing and laughing. He quickly realized his mistake walked up to the bow and loaded his rifle. When he came back he was a different level of red. Gave everyone a great laugh. haha.. Gave me a lot of confidence in our neighbor to the south.

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
They rolled through the rockpile then headed to the Islands yesterday. They checked every boat and most were sent packing. They were not disrepectful at all.

Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
They rolled through the rockpile then headed to the Islands yesterday. They checked every boat and most were sent packing. They were not disrepectful at all.

Has anyone been impounded ?

Upvote 0

Aggro

Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Has anyone been impounded ?
Not that I know of but if you are on the list of photoed boats I'd bet you'd get a free tow.

Upvote 0

FishinChic

Almost A Member
May 15, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Karen
Boat
Bubba Jean 28
we were at the islands on sat. they were pulling along side everybody. if you follow the procedures Ali has set up you are good to go. there was an immigration officer who was polite and the rest was easy. I do recommend you get a floating waterproof container to pass your docs to them.
Didn't think about the floating aspect, but we are always prepared with our docs.

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
I carry a small mexican flag (not the lure) and when they approach me I wave it while yelling "Viva Mexico!" they head off in another direction...works every time

7542575-flag-of-mexico--3d.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aggro

Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
This is a big boat. They will wave you in fyi. They want you to come to them so they don't trash your boat.

Upvote 0

chuck123

Sep 21, 2009
Sage/CA/USA
Name
Chuck
Boat
20'cc,gregor,fishbone
Regarding the FMM---it's good for 180 days as long as you don't leave Mexico. Anyone just say thery're staying for that long , just trying to avoid getting one each time you visit the Nados ? Just thinking.

Upvote 0

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Regarding the FMM---it's good for 180 days as long as you don't leave Mexico. Anyone just say thery're staying for that long , just trying to avoid getting one each time you visit the Nados ? Just thinking.
Yea I think it is only 90 days! But sounds good if it works!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Upvote 0

Black Sheep

Sticky Hook
    Feb 28, 2014
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    28' Pilothouse: Sticky Hook
    Got the Mex license. Need the FMM form it sounds like. Can anybody help with that? From my understanding it's 180 days, but it's for only one entry. It's dated the day you get it so it seems you'd have to pretend you've been at sea since that date. I'm probably missing something.

Anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction for the visa? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
    Feb 12, 2010
    Chula Vista
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    '99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
    Got the Mex license. Need the FMM form it sounds like. Can anybody help with that? From my understanding it's 180 days, but it's for only one entry. It's dated the day you get it so it seems you'd have to pretend you've been at sea since that date. I'm probably missing something.

Anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction for the visa? Thanks!
    You can risk reusing the FMM , but MY boat is worth way more to me, than $23/ day to fish Mexico.
    There is a thread on BD , how to get ,the necessary documents, to fish legally in Mex.

Upvote 0