Any latest on what's needed to fish Nados on private boat?

PENN

baitedgyro

Almost A Member
Dec 1, 2009
SANTA CLARITA
Name
David
Boat
25' Boston Whaler 1983
Thanks for all the replies. Im trying not go make the 2 hour drive to TJ just to get the permit. I will check online and so far what you gents are saying the docs needed have not changed from last year.

Yea, that's my issue here, having to drive down 2 plus hours just to get the FMM stamped.

Anyone go ahead the purchased the FMM online but just didn't get the "stamp" and got stopped by the Mexican Navy, I mean on the FMM paperwork it shows the date of arrival and departure date (going off memory from 3 years ago) and didn't have any issues with the Navy?

Upvote 0

yakmandan

May 30, 2007
AZ.
Name
DAN
Boat
19ft Bayrunner Baja
2 hour drive is nothing I drive from AZ. Get my FMM at Mexicali east gate or Otey Mesa also get TIP there. Pay the fee for 180 days. The manifest needs to be dated for the day or days you are fishing the Nados and submitted on line can't remember the name the name off the top of my head I fish up and down Baja and this has always been good enough. San Quintin and below I've never been asked for anything other than FMM and passport and license and biosphere bracelet

Upvote 0

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
I validate what Otto says. My friend a few slips from mine fishes the Coronado's almost weekly. He just pays for the land-based FMM online and uses it for 6 months. He's been stopped many times and the Mex navy only asks him for the fishing license, bracelet, and FMM. No passport, or TIP.

https://mexico-journey.com (mexico-journey.com)

When I eventually get my $hit together gonna put your buddy's experience to the test. I will have passport, boat reg and ins in separate ziplock. Now when it comes to the TIP, I read online that TIP is only used if you are transporting boat into Baja i.e. trailer or long range boat to go into Baja. Can anyone confirm?

Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
When I eventually get my $hit together gonna put your buddy's experience to the test. I will have passport, boat reg and ins in separate ziplock. Now when it comes to the TIP, I read online that TIP is only used if you are transporting boat into Baja i.e. trailer or long range boat to go into Baja. Can anyone confirm?
You would also need a TIP if you want to go into Ensenada by water.

Upvote 0

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
Mother Nature was not nice to me when I made a trip to both fish and get my FMM across the border a few Mondays ago. Freaking wind and rain killed the fishing and so I decided to try and go across border. Made it to the border, drove around to check things out and freaking rain was coming in sideways due to the wind. It appeared to be a hell of a walk coming back so I passed. Im forced now to get it all online. Bummer.

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    When you give the plastic bag of documents to the feds, are they copies or the orgionals? This is all good info! I probably won't go much, so a $5.00 biosphere bracelet would be best. I am a 1/2 hour from the border, but would rather not enter into mexico by land.

Poon Daddy

Jun 19, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Milisits
    Boat
    25T Contender
    23’ Blackman Albie trailered/launch from US. I’ve had same experience as Otto. Cross border tell them intention is to fish islands and cross border by sea. They give you the hard copy. Get tacos come home. Print manifest for fishing date. I don’t have a TIP. I try and go get the visas in March and go with the group I fish with so everyone has one and all the paperwork matches.

When checked we give them a ziplock with all the passports, visas, bracelets, manifest, mex fishing licenses and boat reg/insurance. Never had a single question about paperwork.
    When you submit your manifest, what receipts do you attach? Meaning if there are 4 crew members do you get the FMM receipts from all 4 crew members and then submit them with the manifest?

Upvote 0