Any latest on what's needed to fish Nados on private boat?

PENN

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
New year and I dont see any updates or news on what is needed this year? Stuff on the laws are old and want to be updated as I never made it last year but will be going for sure moving forward. Bracelet, Mx license etc.. I've heard there is a place in SD with a one stop shop that will get it all done for you??

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
I walk across the border to get my visa for 180 days - About $29
Maybe you want to get your TIP permit - Available at the Otay crossing

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
I walk across the border to get my visa for 180 days - About $29
Maybe you want to get your TIP permit - Available at the Otay crossing
Have you ever been checked by the Mexican Navy at the Islands using your Land Based Visa?

Reactions: lougio
Upvote 0

Laukia

boss
Nov 30, 2004
Carpinteria
Name
Dave R
Boat
28' Carolina Classic (sold) Pursuit 2350 FreeSwimmer
"Have you ever been checked by the Mexican Navy at the Islands using your Land Based Visa?"

X2

Reactions: lougio
Upvote 0

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Boat
19 SeaPro
"Have you ever been checked by the Mexican Navy at the Islands using your Land Based Visa?"

X2
Every time I buy my Visa at the border I tell them my honest intent to fish the islands as I desire. Coming and going back several times. Every time they say no problem. It's good for 180 days from the day of purchase.

Upvote 0

SaltyDream

Concrete Cowboy
Apr 11, 2010
San Diego
www.dcrcontractors.com
Name
Derek
Boat
23' Blackman Albie Special "salty dream"
And did your manifest dates coincide with your FFM? Is there a difference between a FFM and FMM? Is your vessel docked in Mexico or the US?

23’ Blackman Albie trailered/launch from US. I’ve had same experience as Otto. Cross border tell them intention is to fish islands and cross border by sea. They give you the hard copy. Get tacos come home. Print manifest for fishing date. I don’t have a TIP. I try and go get the visas in March and go with the group I fish with so everyone has one and all the paperwork matches.

When checked we give them a ziplock with all the passports, visas, bracelets, manifest, mex fishing licenses and boat reg/insurance. Never had a single question about paperwork.

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
23’ Blackman Albie trailered/launch from US. I’ve had same experience as Otto. Cross border tell them intention is to fish islands and cross border by sea. They give you the hard copy. Get tacos come home. Print manifest for fishing date. I don’t have a TIP. I try and go get the visas in March and go with the group I fish with so everyone has one and all the paperwork matches.

When checked we give them a ziplock with all the passports, visas, bracelets, manifest, mex fishing licenses and boat reg/insurance. Never had a single question about paperwork.
Sounds like you have it down; does the Land Visa cost the same as the FMM?
Thanks for the replies!

Upvote 0

DAS

Dec 23, 2017
San Diego
Name
DAS
Boat
El Segador
FMM online, Mex lic and eco pass squidco, get the annual pass. A passport definitely makes things easier

Upvote 0

bajachild

Almost A Member
  • Jul 13, 2005
    so. cal
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    2019 Montauk 170
    Every time I buy my Visa at the border I tell them my honest intent to fish the islands as I desire. Coming and going back several times. Every time they say no problem. It's good for 180 days from the day of purchase.

I just got off the phone with a gal at a mex travel service. She said the dates are hard dates. In/out. There is no 180 day window. Ideas?

Upvote 0

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    Your talking to the wrong person. Walk across and talk to the Mexican government. Be truthful and tell them what you want it for. You can not get a visa for anyone not present.

When you walk across at San Ysidro, as soon as you pass the turn stiles you will turn left without options. Get into the line on the far right. I've done this several times now.

Upvote 0

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
    CHINO
    Name
    JOEY
    Boat
    KAYAK
    Thanks for all the replies. Im trying not go make the 2 hour drive to TJ just to get the permit. I will check online and so far what you gents are saying the docs needed have not changed from last year.

Reactions: baitedgyro
    Upvote 0

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    Thanks for all the replies. Im trying not go make the 2 hour drive to TJ just to get the permit. I will check online and so far what you gents are saying the docs needed have not changed from last year.
    Walk across and immediately get your visa and then walk back.

Upvote 0

Halibut Howie

1987 Cabo 216
    May 22, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    Halibut Howie
    Boat
    1987 Cabo 216/F150 "Have Not Blown-up Yet!"
    I validate what Otto says. My friend a few slips from mine fishes the Coronado's almost weekly. He just pays for the land-based FMM online and uses it for 6 months. He's been stopped many times and the Mex navy only asks him for the fishing license, bracelet, and FMM. No passport, or TIP.

https://mexico-journey.com (mexico-journey.com)

Upvote 0

Bradyxxx

Sep 21, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Braden
    Boat
    Catchalot
    Because of you Otto, (your post from several years ago)
    I’ve done the same thing, never had a problem.
    Good for 6 months!
    Thanks Otto!

Reactions: HookEmDanO and Otto
    Upvote 0

baitedgyro

Almost A Member
    Dec 1, 2009
    SANTA CLARITA
    Name
    David
    Boat
    25' Boston Whaler 1983